It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(OWS) Oh How Soon We Forget!! Todays Hero Is Tomorrows Dud !! (OWS) What do you have to say now??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I remember not long ago how fired up we all were with the OWS movement and the fact that someone was actually speaking out and showing up to try to do and say something about the stranglehold the bankers and wallsteet financeers' have on The US and The World for that matter. Now we are just a few weeks or a month or so and the tide is shifting 180% . I have to say this. The OWS movement is at leaste trying and has tried to say something. They have shown up in 1,000's and are not sitting on thier couch's and easychairs' trying to "Arm Chair Quarterback" the efforts of some who are trying to make thier voices heard !! It's time to chose sides and stick with it.
edit on 3-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: Title

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Lol what a load of bad propaganda lol, seriously wow i really hope you are behing sarcastic

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I remember not long ago how fired up we all were with the OWS movement and the fact that someone was actually speaking out and showing up to try to do and say something about the stranglehold the bankers and wallsteet financeers' have on The US and The World for that matter. Now we are just a few weeks or a month or so and the tide is shifting 180% . I have to say this. The OWS movement is at leaste trying and has tried to say something. They have shown up in 1,000's and are not sitting on thier couch's and easychairs' trying to "Arm Chair Quarterback" the efforts of some who are trying to make thier voices heard !! It's time to chose sides and stick with it.

When you say the tide is shifting, what exactly do you mean? The reason I ask is because recent polls show that the public support for OWS is increasing:

The new poll also shows more Americans supporting the movement. Thirty-six percent say they agree with the overall positions of Occupy Wall Street, while 19% say they disagree.

That reflects an increase in support since early October, when 27% of those polled said they agreed with Occupy Wall Street's position.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by Alxandro

Meh, its really as simple as this. Do you really believe in the cause or not? I mean the anti-war and civil rights movements both dealt with a lot of the issue as OWS. However it did not take away the validity of their cause.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by CherubBaby

True,
...but actions have consequences, and here are the reasons why things are shifting 180 degrees.

I seriously think the info on that list is laughable at best!!

"Mindless chanting"

oooh and

"Promotion of deviant sex"

Yup i can hear the chants now... down with evil bankers up with.....
ooooh matron

edit on 3-11-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by CherubBaby

When you say the tide is shifting, what exactly do you mean? The reason I ask is because recent polls show that the public support for OWS is increasing:

The new poll also shows more Americans supporting the movement. Thirty-six percent say they agree with the overall positions of Occupy Wall Street, while 19% say they disagree.

That reflects an increase in support since early October, when 27% of those polled said they agreed with Occupy Wall Street's position.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Here's a poll that says otherwise from a fairly respected polling business: Quinnipiac.

From the article.
The poll, released today, show 30 percent of voters surveyed view the movement favorably, 39 percent unfavorably, with an additional 30 percent not hearing enough to have an opinion.

decoded.nationaljournal.com...

That's why I don't really place any faith in polls.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We, the people, are sovereign in our homes and on our land. Corporations are nothing. They have no unalienable rights - only we the people do. We are not workers. We are not corporate ants willing to slave until we drop. Let's get back to working for ourselves, our families and our country. I'm tired of being defined as a worker - Americans have always worked but we've never been defined as workers. The corporations want communism - we the people are nothing and the corporation is all. I'm tired of being defined in relationship to a corporation and very darn tired of being called a worker. I want to go back to 'my fellow Americans.' That's why I'm for OWS because they're doing it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank you TDawgRex you took the words out of my mouth. I would like to also add , I am not talking about outside polls or opinions, but the ATS Threads that seem to ( in My opinion ) a shift in the support for the OWS movement as well. I just wanted to express my observation in this and ask for so feedback and opinions of others. Thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

There is definitely a shift. While I did attend OWS for a time and supported them overall, they lost me.

I don't support them anymore, but I don't hate them either.

I think the next two weeks will the big crucial step that they will have to make. Otherwise, it'll just get divided like the Tea Party crowd got divided.

Another thing I find amusing, yet hypocritical is many here at ATS of the die hard OWS supporters were die-hard anti-Tea Party. Now they know how I felt when the Koch Bros. started funding the TP Nation...or is that TP Express? I get those two mixed up. Meh, who cares, I don't support either of them.

I'm content to work on the local level with the little Tea Party group I now belong to. Who may I add, originally supported OWS, but only a couple of the younguns' do now.

It's their first protest...they're excited.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think people need to think out and search out what and why they believe in. Then make a true stand based on thier beliefs out of confidence and from the knowlege they hold inside unweavering..

new topics

top topics

join