It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret SAS base under construction for Olympics 2012- They are preparing for TSTHTF!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Now this is not from the most reputable source,(although it seems these days that may not be the case) but this tells me they are getting ready for alot more than a friendly Olympic games. Whatever happend to the good ol patdown at the stadium? Even a TSA like process for this event seems more rational than an all out end of day fallout shelter and cache of weponry. Oh well at the very least a cool look at some nice weapons that I woildnt want to be on the wrong end of. Like I said the SUN isnt the most reliable source, a cool little read none the less.

www.thesun.co.uk...

From the article:
A source said last night: "All scenarios are being anticipated. London will be protected like never before — and the message is clear.

"If anyone is fool enough to try to endanger the public at these Games they will be met with the swiftest retribution by the best-equipped troops of our most elite fighting units

edit on 3-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
the sun + "sources" = total bantha poodoo, while they may be training incase of terrorist activity its going to be silly to announce where the SAS are going to be living unless its a ploy to get the terrorists to raid the top secret SAS base and then just get locked in for the duration with nelson from the simpsons going ha-ha 24x7

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Whatever happend to the good ol patdown at the stadium?

Remember the '72 summer olympics? That happened.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Wow. Thanks for posting this. I wasn't alive during these olympics and I never even knew that anything like this had actually happened at any of the olympic games.

Its amazing how complacent and sure of ourselves we become, over time, as events such as this fall out of the view of new generations.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well its not Top Secret now, so much for the good guys gaining an advantage on the GWOT.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, i've seen the low flying Chinooks flying over the Olympic site area (Stratford) from going past on the train, so i can vouch for that.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Whatever happend to the good ol patdown at the stadium?

Remember the '72 summer olympics? That happened.

So how many olympic games have there been since NONE of which I remember having this kind of security build up
And remember richard jewell the atlanta olympic bomber. And still there were not precautions put in place like this til now.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinterskogen
Yeah, i've seen the low flying Chinooks flying over the Olympic site area (Stratford) from going past on the train, so i can vouch for that.

Wow good to have a first hand account of some validity to this story, thanks alo

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Time to give up these mega expensive events, if you have to go to such extreme measures to protect yourself from an imaginary enemy then its time to quit everything. Its always the same countries winning all the golds medals anyway and like Cricket with its match fixing, sports have served their purpose for over 100 years and perhaps we are seeing their end ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the sas would never stay on one location.
some of them would be staff.
they would stay near the people.
so they would sleep in the hotels.
no not all at the same time.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So how many olympic games have there been since NONE of which I remember having this kind of security build up

You can easily count the number of games since then, and you can assume all of them had a significant security buildup. In the US, that would be the FBI's CIRG and HRT, which is basically the Delta Force of the law enforcement community. Delta itself might have been there, too. They've reportedly been involved in stuff like the WTO protests and Waco. If we held Olympic Games in our national capital like the Brits, you can be assured there'd be significant military assets tasked.

And remember richard jewell the atlanta olympic bomber. And still there were not precautions put in place like this til now.

The Atlanta Olympics bomber was Eric Rudolph. Jewell discovered the bomb and reported it to the authorities, then helped establish a cordon (tried to, anyway). Not sure how this is connected to CT operators; you don't use them for crowd control or to disarm bombs, you use them to shoot hostage-takers.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Olympics and security have been synonymous with each other ever since the 1972 Munich massacre. This is not preparations for a “unfriendly” games this is preparations for a possible terrorist attack. It is worth remembering that the risk at these games does not only come from Islamic terrorist groups but also from Irish republican groups and this year possibly anti-capitalist groups who may start to emerge. The threat of terrorism at these games is significant last year two senior members of the Special Forces Directorate disclosed that they felt the capital was unable to ensure a safe Olympics and the shortly before that the security services warned of a possible Mumbai attack and warnings of a number of active terrorists operating in the UK.

The SAS along with the SBS are the UK’s primer counterterrorist force, the Olympics presents a significant opportunity for terrorists and as such it is vital that UKSF units are fully prepared for the counter attack. Interestingly enough it was in 1975 that then Prime Minister Edward Heath ordered the Ministry of Defence establish a unit capable of responding to any similar attack on UK solid, the solution was to order the SAS to create the Counter Revolutionary Warfare (CRW) Wing, now the Special Projects Wing or the counterterrorist wing. This is what the SAS are for, that is why they are being used, that is why they are preparing.

Currently 21SAS(R) HQ is based in the Dukes of York’s barracks in London and A squadron of 21SAS(R) are based elsewhere in grater London. It was also reported after the 2005 attacks that a troop from the counterterrorist wing had been moved closer to London, you can be that during the Olympics and entire Squadron will be based inside London. These guys all need a place to stay, I wouldn’t exactly call it a “top secret base” they are probably going to have a propose built base of operations in addition to the other buildings they already occupy. It would make sense for it to be on the river and as close to the Olympic village as possible with good links to various area’s around London.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Um, if your going to use crazy acronyms, please explain them.
Cheers.

btw, you have no idea what the SASR can do, they are not predictable, the news paper the sun is greatly flawed.
edit on 02/04/2011 by WideAwakeNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinterskogen

But what about these babies knocking about;

From ABC News.

The nightmare has been made real with the discovery in Libya that an estimated 20,000 portable, heat-seeking missiles have gone missing from unguarded Army weapons warehouses.

The missiles, four to six-feet long and Russian-made, can weigh just 55 pounds with launcher. They lock on to the heat generated by the engines of aircraft, can be fired from a vehicle or from a combatant's shoulder, and are accurate and deadly at a range of more than two miles.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It can't be THAT secret if the friggin Scum knows about it now can it?

I advise everybody to buy a copy of the scum and burn the piece of crap.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
The nightmare has been made real with the discovery in Libya that an estimated 20,000 portable, heat-seeking missiles have gone missing from unguarded Army weapons warehouses.

Well, that's what you get when you help Al Qaida take over a country.

I think this article is a decoy. The SAS will certainly not be relying on these tactics now that they are public. This article was published to fool any potential attackers.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

Was that directed at me?

Sorry I only ask this because you posted that after my post, if you need to explain anything please just ask.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Its the sun, they are proven liars, anything without a quote attributed to someone is a flat out lie.

Just today, Jenson Button has said they made up a story about him.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
'Top secret' yet somehow this is printed in a national paper, and a ridiculous tabloid at that. The sun could over hype any old rubbish.... this is probably just a standard, small bunker. Nothing out of the ordinary for the Olympics.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I agree with the OP they are expecting/or planning something very big here, come on they may be using surface to air missiles. What does that tell you.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Thetawave because: typo

top topics

join