It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who beat daughter is denying it was as bad as it seemed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts here so forgive me if I am repeating what someone else has said. If there are charges brought against the judge, that will cause all of the cases he has ever tried to be put into question. Whether for good or bad all those cases will have to be retried and in most cases probably overturned. This might potentially put chinldren back into a less than perfect situation or it may right a wrong, but either way, they will have to be re-evaluated on a case by case scenario.
I agree with one post that said when you are angry that is the worse time to discipline a kid. Loosing your temper, especially on a kid is dangerous. I just hope this turns out for the best for all involved.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

People really need to study the laws and recognize what child abuse is. It's no wonders kids are the way they are nowadays.

I agree. I don't care how far she "pushed" her parents, or how "bad" of a child she might have been, they, both parents, viciously beat her with a belt for a good 10 minutes, screaming profanities the entire time.

That is not punishment, that is abuse. A good slap on the butt with your hand? Depending on what brought it on, I'm behind that 100%. the second you start whipping, WHIPPING your child with a leather belt, you are committing child abuse.

While I agree that lately it seems parents have taken a hands off approach to parenting, well, some, but really that's a minority. When do you bother remembering the kids at the store that were well behaved? you don't, you only remember the screaming brats with parents trying to ignore them.

Beating them senseless with a belt is not the answer. all of this for using a file sharing program and downloading some music and games illegally. Yes she should be punished. The computer should have been donated or recycled, she should have been grounded, made to pay for the crime she committed, but beating her senseless until she's on the floor and can't move, is pure abuse.

anyone attempting to justify this makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have to side with the judge on this one. I think his daughter was over reacting and if she had not made a big fuss about it it wouldnt be half as bad as it looked. She is just a crybaby in my opinion.

This has got alot of response, more than it deserves.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

CNN

"If the public must know, just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply 'drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part-time at a video game store," the judge said in a statement.

You think you live in the "civilized" world?? Your joking right. We have a high standard of living you think?? Maybe material but not moral. We do not live in a civilized world unless you call robbing other less fortunate nations of everything they have so that you and me can have a nice computer to come on here and spew our opinions.

I'm not saying its right, but I am not saying its completely wrong. She is 23...she will feel bad when she gets older and realizes that just because she didnt get her way she made her dad pay for it. People take the moral highground and demonize me. Why? I certainly don't condone going that far but the principle of corporal punishment I do defend.

See...if anyone who seen my dad hit me across the face for yelling profanity at him, they would call the cops put my dad in jail and me in a foster home. But guess what...I deserved that smack across the face. But no because people dont mind their own business my life would have been ripped apart. I love my dad and I love how he raised me.

Yes this guy went over board that is for sure. But that doesn't mean he should be put in jail or lose his job. Respect needs to be given both ways...and discipline needs to be delivered when that respect is thrown out the window.

You people call this child abuse. She was not a child, she was a young adult. She was being a little brat and the only reason this video came out is because she wanted retribution because daddy wouldn't pay for her car anymore if she was going to just drop out of school. She deserves another smack for that.

reply to ofhumandescent

You call me a primitive brute?

Everything is not simply black and white.

You say your kid had ADHD. He was a kid...maybe he was just Oh I dont know?? BEING A KID. Hyper and active?? always on the go? fidgety? Nice job.

I never treat my child or my niece like that and I never want to. But you are in no position to tell me or anyone else what their rights are when it comes to civil discipline in their own household. Yes there is a line and you cant cross it. But If my daughter at the age of 16 starts disrespecting me to the point of profanity I want to reserve the right to give her a swift deserved smack and not be hauled off to jail. As I said before...If we had more corporal punishment society wouldnt be out of control. Because now all kids know they can do what they want and their parents cant do anything because they can just call the cops.

You are a weak parent in my opinion. But I am not going to bash your personality as you did mine based on an opinion. Thats just what I think.

Carry on though with your moral highground bashing if it makes you feel better.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Super64PR

No I expect common morality to be considered with everybody. Don't put words in my mouth. That makes me sound evil. And to mention rape and gagging is just outright stupid. In no way would I ever condone "abuse".But the word abuse is used out of context so much today. I am defending corporal punishment and high family morals. People are human. Once in awhile we do things we regret. But she wasn't really harmed...he didnt hit her face. Maybe he is a douchebag. But YOU don't know the full story and niether do I.

So when I see weakminded people that make a huge deal out of a few more spanks than she should have gotten and the guys obvious anger management problem, and then saying that even spanking a kid is abuse. It is out of hand. Just because that guy lost his temper doesn't mean that there should be rules against spanking your kids. The social fabric of society has diminished greatly in the past few decades because there is no more corporal punishment and if you look at the larger part kids nowadays they have absolutely no respect for their elders. No respect for public property, and mouths on them like a trucker.

Try to deny that all you want. But when I can call the cops on my dad because I wanna get back at him and think its cool....well I would eventually feel stupid because I would be in a foster home on phsyco drugs wishing I really just would have listened to him.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

No. I am a very respectful man who has a great sense of self-discipline, a secure career, house, car and family that loves me. My friends love me and we all hold eachother to a high standard of respect because once you through that out the window...you get society in 2011.

My Dad is great man who worked 3 jobs and dealt with all my adolescent bs the best he could. I will admit i deserved a smack sometimes and didn't even get one. All of the times that my dad punished me were well deserved. And I never did the thing I was being punished for again.

I am a proud son defending my Dad's actions taken to make me the man I am today.

Far from a victim there friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by unkown142
reply to post by InsideOfItAll

I ment that you bacically said that just because your children were'nt spanked and grew up successful ment that everyone could do that. Some kids need a little leather across their butt to teach them a lesson.

I think that Judge Adams has learned a valuable lesson that reasonable citizens of America won't tolerate this type of child abuse and physical perversion that he obviously enjoyed. He is now in hiding and has no one to

What lesson did he learn? Not to trust your own daughter because she might blackmail you years later in life? Or did he learn that eventhough corporal punishment is legal in texas, there will always be people screaming "child abuse! Child abuse!" At the slightest chance given. Also what do you mean by "reasonable citizens of America"? What's reasonable to you might not be reasonable to everyone. But hey, I guess your view on parenthood should be Everyones especially when over 65% of Americans spank their children.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

reply to post by InsideOfItAll

I ment that you bacically said that just because your children were'nt spanked and grew up successful ment that everyone could do that. Some kids need a little leather across their butt to teach them a lesson.

I think that Judge Adams has learned a valuable lesson that reasonable citizens of America won't tolerate this type of child abuse and physical perversion that he obviously enjoyed. He is now in hiding and has no one to

What lesson did he learn? Not to trust your own daughter because she might blackmail you years later in life? Or did he learn that eventhough corporal punishment is legal in texas, there will always be people screaming "child abuse! Child abuse!" At the slightest chance given. Also what do you mean by "reasonable citizens of America"? What's reasonable to you might not be reasonable to everyone. But hey, I guess your view on parenthood should be Everyones especially when over 65% of Americans spank their children.
abcnews.go.com...

Spanking is an open handed swat on the butt and I have no problem with that as a method of discipline. But beating your kids all over their body with a strap is child abuse.

Now you can try and rationalize it, politicize it and strawman it to death but rational people see what Judge Adams did as abusive. Why do you think that video clip went viral so fast and the reaction to it??

I detect a hint of guilt in your posts.
edit on 4-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Why do cat videos and other pointless things get popular so fast? It's not because people are against it, but they are interested in the story. I was going to say that the video isn't as bad as it looks, but I wasn't there and neither were you. Although I can tell you from experience that she was only screaming to make it look like it hurt so they would stop sooner and the slapping noise was mainly from the leather hitting itself. Also spanking isn't limited to only the hand. They have spanking paddles that are a lot worse then a dried strip of animal skin.
edit on 4-11-2011 by unkown142 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by unkown142

Oh please.... Honestly have you watched the entire video? Im all for discipline (spanking included to an extent, based on the severity of the childs actions) when necessary. This issue is trivial. Downloading movies or games that were UNAVAILABLE AT THE TIME is not worth 5 minutes of belt whipping and threats of more violent punishments. Here i'll provide you with some of these parents quotes and actions and i would like to hear yours and (if hes still around) Mr Godfather420s opinions on them. I can't wait to see how you idiotically defend his actions.

Question #1
0:58 Why did he turn off the lights? Why do you think he would he prefer to hit her in the dark?

Quote #1
1:46 "Lay down before i hit you in the f**king face"
Your thoughts?

Quote #2 (from mother to daughter)
2:12 "You turn over like a good 16 year old AND TAKE IT. Like a grown woman. TURN OVER"

Quote #2 disturbs me the most because this suggests to me that this type of punishment is a normal occurence within this household for the daughter AND the mother. Please show me how this logic is justified! I suppose this is just speculation but trust me i would bet money on this (not literally) and i think others will agree.

Quote #3
2:22 "Give it to me" (referring to the belt the mother took from him.) She doesnt but he hasnt finished with her yet "I'll go get another one" he says as he walks off. He has hit her 14 times by now and trying to pull the belt off the mother so he can get some more hits in. Then he decides to get another.

Question#2
How many times would you hit your 16 year old daughter with a belt for installing a game or similar incident? More? Less?

Quotes #4
3:10 "Get on your stomach before i f**king beat you" "Beat you into submission" "You want to put more computer games on? Do you want some more?"

Up to this point they have been whipping her continuously simply because she was 'disobediantly not lying on her stomach' so apparently the 14 whips dont count and he needs a proper one on her ass for HIS OWN SATISFACTION. This is not punishment, this is about dominance within a household. If you dont believe me watch from 4:19 to 5:07 and tell me how i am wrong.

Quotes #6
4:17 "Are ya happy? Huh? Disobeying your parents? Is it fun to disobey your mum and dad? Huh? You don't deserve to f**king be in this house. Disobedient. What happened to you Hilary? Once you were a obedient, nice little girl. Now you lie, cheat and steal. Putting a f**king game on. I oughta just keep beating you, AND BEATING YOU. *hits her again* Thats how upset I am

Quotes #7
5:16 "If I hear so much as you raise your f**king voice to me or your mother with the wrong tone. Or you do ONE LITTLE THING or YOU LOOK AT ME F**KING WRONG. Im gonna take you in here and ring your f**king ass out with this belt. You understand me? Thats what its come to

My thoughts?
This is about MALE DOMINANCE within a household more so than punishment. This guy needs anger management at the least which is what the girl wants for him. This became everybodys business when the girl reached out for help by releasing it online. Unless he is rehabilitated and makes amends with his family, he needs to be removed from his position immediately. Instead of apologizing he makes her out to be the bad one and him look like her savior. All because of money. Disgusting. And you guys are swallowing it up. Why?

I hope your not trying to justify his actions because they are actions that you yourself have commited. And if so, I strongly suggest you seek help yourself. (Im not assuming this about you by the way) You can be a dominant male without whipping your child and wife around with a belt. Its not hard to do. And no i'm not weak, nor do i take s**t from anyone. But a family court judge beating a young girl (supposedly with cerebal palsy) over and over with a belt is IMO absolutely disgusting and disturbing. Also disturbing is the amount of people defending this monsters actions. When did you all forsake yourselves as parents?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join