It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who beat daughter is denying it was as bad as it seemed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I found this on yahoo news and figured I'd share. Didn't see another post about it in the recent posts nor in this category so I figured I'd pop the link up. There is a vid and a nice amount of text.

Supposedly he was doing it for ages and had some issues with an addiction the mom wouldn't disclose.

He's gotten threats at work, by phone and fax and I guess he took off with a girlfriend with weapons, suitcases and the like.

Judge, y u run if you're innocent, hmmmmm????

The article and video

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't see anything that is really 'illegal'....but it sure is what I'd think of as right on that borderline.

Given the fact this is a Judge and a Family Court Judge at that, I think he ought to quietly seek retirement and leave the Bench. I think we need to hold a higher standard to those we put in positions of defining the standard the rest of us live by.

I don't want this man holding control of Family Court issues where his judgement is already as far to one end as the law allows.... Yikes..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing is wrong with punishment. She dis-obeyed what she was told and probably knew what she was going to get for doing so. Kids need punishment. She will feel really bad for putting her dad through this when she gets older. Just because she didn't get her way.

The guy went a tad overboard but hes only human and he was mad.

My dad use to send me to my room to think for a bit. Then he would come up with a fold out chair, sit down pull off his belt and tell me to bendover his knee. I took multiple wacks and a cried and swear I would get back at them. But that temporary anger goes away and you learn your lesson. Its called discipline.

It is no ones business how he punishes his kid. In fact if we had more dads like this maybe we wouldnt have the crazy problem with adolescent kids that can't stand in a single file line and shut up for more than 3 seconds.

This whole event was taken wayyy out of proportion....and really, a 16 year old girl needs discipline sometimes. The method of discipline they use is none of anyone elses business. He obviously did not intend to send her to the hospital.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't see anything that is really 'illegal'....

If an adult walked up to another adult and swung a belt out of anger just once, it's assault. Hell, you can spit on someone and it's assault. So, I don't see how you people can say that the continued beating of a minor is not illegal. But if it had happened to an adult, it is illegal.

With your logic, beating kids: not illegal. Beating adults, illegal. Got it.

People really need to study the laws and recognize what child abuse is. It's no wonders kids are the way they are nowadays.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Taking a belt to a kid like that for downloading music of the internet is not the action of a sane or rational person.

Frankly, what you see on that video is child abuse.

How anyone can condone what they see on that video is beyond me.
edit on 3/11/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
She will feel really bad for putting her dad through this when she gets older.

You must not know the entire story. She is older now. She's in her middle 20's. Her mother left her father because of the abuse, and her father has continued to harass and threaten her. That's why she released the video 7 years later.

The guy went a tad overboard but hes only human and he was mad.

And being mad is the absolute wrong time to punish a child. People do terrible things when they're angry or enraged as is shown in the video.

The method of discipline they use is none of anyone elses business.

Maybe in your world, but not in a civilized world. Thank goodness most people that are responding to this story disagree with you. And I feel very sorry for any kids you may have with your attitude and logic towards kids.

edit on 3-11-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This whole event was taken wayyy out of proportion....and really, a 16 year old girl needs discipline sometimes. The method of discipline they use is none of anyone elses business. He obviously did not intend to send her to the hospital.

It's impossible for child abuse to be taken wayyy out of proportion. This wasn't discipline. He enjoyed giving the beating to his daughter way to much, for this to have been discipline. He beat his child like this many times. This time she was wise enough to tape it.

Do I perhaps detect a certain amount of denial and guilt?

edit on 3-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well Nef, at least you and I agree on something.
Well said, my friend.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I agree... I watched the video this morning and found the father's action to be abusive. Don't get me wrong here, sometimes a spanking is in order but both the father and mother in this case were acting like animals. I mean, I spank my dog when he does something he shouldn't but it's just one swat on the butt and he gets the message. Those two kept leaving the room and then coming back to beat her some more. She's lying on the bed just bawling her eyes out and he's yelling obscenities while swinging that belt. How anyone could do that to a loved one is beyond me. That's not tough love that's just abuse... pure and simple.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah I don't think this would count as abuse. If he would have left marks or bruises, then yeah maybe but i got far worse growing up. My dad and granddad got even worse. This is why I am reluctant to spank my kids. I don't like the idea of the government or even other people deciding on what consists as child abuse. As long as a child isn't bruised or bloodied, then spanking is acceptable. The one thing that is very important is that you discipline your child to correct, not out of anger. If you give yourself time to cool down before spanking then you won't have the trouble this judge is having to deal with now. He let anger take over and it did look worse than what it really turned out to be. If this was that bad, then this girl would have had bruises all over her. Seeing how she made a video of the incident but didn't take any pictures of the marks left, tells me no marks were left.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
To the people who seem to want to defend this, please answer me the following question.

If you did something I disagreed with, would you be perfectly happy for me to push you over hold you down and whip you with a belt for over five minutes?

I'm interested in your answers, because I don't think too many people would want to take me up on that one.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No one would. They'd be insane if they said, Yeah, okay, I did wrong. Please whip me with a belt, I deserve it. Thanks!

And to think that a child should just bend over and take it because she disobeyed her parents is even more insane.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

if you don't mind
i'll add this complementary video in addition to your arguments

The Bomb in the Brain [the aftermath of child abuse]Part 1 of 4 - The True Roots of Human Violence

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

Your a primitive brute.

There are other methods of discipline other than brute force, abusive hitting.

Scary how some / many humans have not progressed.

The "problem" with our unruly youth lies not in being "undisciplined by brute force" as much as all the frap the entertainment industry throws at them for $$$.

I wouldn't trade being a young person in today's society for anything, money or my youth back. Young people today have so much more they have to contend with.

Our society is mucked up big time and our precious children are exposed to filth and perversions before most are a dozen years out of diapers.

Parents having to work 2 jobs each to make ends meet, most children have no parents until 6-7 PM.

So many people having such harsh lives they can't even begin to make a marriage work (takes emotional energy) leaving 45% of all children in one parent households.

Most of the population on prescription drugs (children and grown ups).

We live in a society where being mean is cool, up is down, down is up, right is wrong and wrong is right, justice is bent, politicians and leaders are bought, we're constantly at war with each other, the real big scam artists stealing trillions(bankers and CEO's) go free while the person caught stealing a loaf of bread is hung and all the rest of it.

If you really believe what you posted, you my dear sir are a very scary person indeed and I am most thankful not to be among one of your friends.

Children do not learn to behave by being beaten...................I ran away from a person exactly like in that film and but for the grace of some luck, fell in with a group of good people vs bad people that would have, could have taken advantage of me.

What you saw was a adult man out of control...............a person with anger management issues and you can bet what you saw on film was just the tip of the iceberg.

I pray you have no children and if you do, heaven help them.

All children should be loved, cherished, talked to, worked with and yes it takes mega energy and time.

He could have simply taken her PC away, or shut down cable for a month or talked to her.

Our oldest son (ADHD) was the child from hell. We spent 15 years in family counseling and in the end had to commit him at the expense of a second mortgage we are still paying off.

But, it was worth every single penny and every single night of heartache.

It would have been a lot easier to beat him, believe me - it was tempting.

But, he is now 35, has a good job, is a excellent father and has straightened out.

It's so easy to beat them..............but to really win them over to your side, to make them see you're not the enemy takes fortitude, kindness and firmness.

At the birth of his daughter, our child from hell, took me out in the hall and said, "Mom, I now realize the hell I put you and dad through and I will forever be sorry for being such a bad son."

Beating them and that man was beating her, was taking the easy way out.

Again, he got out of control and to me showed a reverting back to being a primate.

No human, no not even any animal should be beat like what we saw in that film - EVER.

Again, you in my opinion are warped and I feel sorry for you.

I'm sure nothing I have said will change you..............sad.

You don't realize that once you cross certain lines, like physically abusing another person (or animal) that line can never be taken back.

Nobody should be hitting anybody.

And lastly.................hitting a child shows them that violence and acting out your anger is okay and that is why our world is so screwed up today.

When will humanity grow up?
edit on 3-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
By spanking (read: assaulting/abusing) your child, the only thing you teach your child is that physical violence is OK. You also teach your chld that it is perfectly OK to assault and abuse someone who is smaller and weaker than yourself. Treat your child with love and respect, and you will teach your child to treat others will love and respect. Violence only breeds violence.

Spanking and corporal punishment of children should of course be forbidden by law, like it already is in more developed modern countries than the US. In Europe 22 contries have banned this practice, and you will be arrested and spend time in jail if you slap/spank/hit a child. People will intervene and call the police if they see a parent "disiplining" a child in this way.

edit on 3-11-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Taking a belt to a kid like that for downloading music of the internet is not the action of a sane or rational person.

What you may call a action that deserves a punishment might not be what other parents will. Illegally downloading music off of the internet is considered stealing. In many societies, theft will get your hand chopped off. It doesn't matter what way you look at it, she stole other peoples work for her own satisfaction. I assume your approach on parenting is to talk to the child about why they did, then send them to their room for the night. This might work in some cases, but in others, a spanking would be way more effective.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by unkown142
This might work in some cases, but in others, a spanking would be way more effective.

That looked more like a beating than a spanking. I have no problems with a swat on the butt to drive home a point but to hit a child 22 times with a belt is abuse and there is no excuse; especially when the judge got off so much
on the beating. It was easily detectable in his voice.

If the judge had of beaten anyother person like that, he would have been charged with felony assault and battery.

Spanking.....?
edit on 3-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Very good video and at 58 I can attest to the validity of almost everything the first video says.

At 58 I still nightmare about my life from 9-20 living under my sister's husband. (Orphaned at 9).

Beating a child scars not only their body but their soul.

One can only hope people that do still practice this primitive method of punishment watch The Bomb In The Brain Film........but most don't read or watch educational films.

Many of the people in our prisons are victims of physical, sexual and psychological abuse as well.

Part II

Part III The aftermath of child abuse

And the link for the rest of these films..........ATS should maybe consider show casing the entire set of these films.

And every person that has children and at their wits end should be watching this.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The title says it all. Denial! The Judge is in Denial about his actions. Next thing he'll say is "I did what I thought was right at the time." This is what is said when they don't want to admit they were wrong. Especially a Judge having to admit publicly that he made a mistake is quite embarrissing I'm sure. He needs to learn to be humble, apologize to those he has hurt and he'll find life more fulling IMO.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

The only people I ever see who condone child abuse under the guise of "spanking" are those who themselves abuse their own children and claim they are disciplining by "spanking".

I don't think they have the intelligence it takes to be an empathetic, compassionate and loving parent. They somehow think that if they "force" obedience by hitting a young person, that somehow that young person will not think violence is the way to get things done.

It amazes me the number of people on just this site alone who complain about adults who cannot think for themselves, and then turn around and beat that ability out of their own children instead of teaching their child to think.

Go figure the stupidity of some people.

I hope this judge looses his position. I hope he realizes the damage he has caused and turns his life around. I bet he won't though.

Harm None
Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join