It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldline Execs Charged With Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't know if any of you out there have done business with Goldline, or if any of you are thinking of doing business with this company, here's some things you should know about them.

Goldline, a company that used endorsements from Glenn Beck and other conservative icons to sell hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold to consumers, has been charged with theft and fraud in a 19-count criminal complaint filed Tuesday by local officials in California.

If you do buy gold from this company, stick to the bullion, not the coins.

The complaint alleges that Goldline "runs a bait and switch operation in which customers, seeking to invest in gold bullion, are switched to highly overpriced coins by using false and misleading claims," according to a statement released by the consumer affairs division of the Santa Monica City Attorney's office.

Source:abcnews.go.com...

I can't help but to mention all the people who have endorsed this company.

While former Fox News conspiracy-theorist Glenn Beck is most closely associated with Goldline, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Mark Levin, former GOP presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson, and several Fox News hosts, among others, have all endorsed the company.

Source:thinkprogress.org...

Keep in mind the criminal complaint is based on the bait and switch from the bullion to the overpriced coins when reading this.

Beck's pitch went a step further, arguing that in the event of a total financial meltdown, the government would confiscate gold bullion—meaning you should invest your money in coins instead.

Source:motherjones.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
I don't know if any of you out there have done business with Goldline, or if any of you are thinking of doing business with this company, here's some things you should know about them.

Goldline, a company that used endorsements from Glenn Beck and other conservative icons to sell hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold to consumers, has been charged with theft and fraud in a 19-count criminal complaint filed Tuesday by local officials in California.

If you do buy gold from this company, stick to the bullion, not the coins.

The complaint alleges that Goldline "runs a bait and switch operation in which customers, seeking to invest in gold bullion, are switched to highly overpriced coins by using false and misleading claims," according to a statement released by the consumer affairs division of the Santa Monica City Attorney's office.

Source:abcnews.go.com...

I can't help but to mention all the people who have endorsed this company.

While former Fox News conspiracy-theorist Glenn Beck is most closely associated with Goldline, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Mark Levin, former GOP presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson, and several Fox News hosts, among others, have all endorsed the company.

Source:thinkprogress.org...

Keep in mind the criminal complaint is based on the bait and switch from the bullion to the overpriced coins when reading this.

Beck's pitch went a step further, arguing that in the event of a total financial meltdown, the government would confiscate gold bullion—meaning you should invest your money in coins instead.

Source:motherjones.com...

So a source from Motherjones?
Um, ok I guess.
Confirmed by the LA Times, with much of the same Anti-Beck statements.

A couple of questions if I may?

They are charged with, but have not been found guilty. So, lets keep that in mind.
The slamming of Beck and Rush and everyone else is merely a political trolling statement by both authors, but given the 2 sources, I am not surprised.
Beck and Rush and so on are not the decision makers in the company, so with that said, please look to the last statement.

If this is true, then the company and people involved will go to court and we will see what the outcome is.

edit on 3-11-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you can be that easily swayed then perhaps you need to do more research before you purchase any product.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I dont get the crime.

People called a retail outlet and got a sales pitch? Tell me where that doesnt happen.

I have internet from a provider and they still call to sell me cable, phone or packages and they constantly lay the claims about it being "better" for me. Are they breaking the law? Wheres the indictment against them?

I guess its only a crime if I'm stupid enough to give in.
edit on 3-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You'll get no argument from me that Mother Jones is a left leaning publication, but is what they said a factual statement, or was it an editorial statement?
You're right again that they are innocent until proven guilty, but if there wasn't enough evidence of these bait and switch tactics going on these charges never would have been brought up.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You're right again that they are innocent until proven guilty, but if there wasn't enough evidence of these bait and switch tactics going on these charges never would have been brought up.

Are you sure that there has to be truth to have charges filled?
Remember this from many moons ago?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You bring up a good point, but that was more of a he said/ she said deal. This is case is different in that there will be records and paperwork involved.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

You bring up a good point, but that was more of a he said/ she said deal. This is case is different in that there will be records and paperwork involved.

So said the County DA as well.

But, we shall see.
Hopefully it does not get buried with all the other things afoot.

new topics

top topics

join