It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic Terrorism or Sexual Harassment, Which is Worse? Isn't It Obvious?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Easy question, right? Hold on, not so fast. The obvious answer is Domestic terrorism. Not the case in America.

According to most liberals and the media, one whom is accused of sexual harassment is more evil than a domestic terrorist. That is what is being shoved down our throats daily.

The media is having an orgasm over Herman Cain and his alleged sexual harassment. For days now all we have heard is " Cain accused of Sexual Harassment" Now a third woman has come froward making these claims, and there is not one shred of evidence. The deprication of Mr. Cain's character continues non-stop.

Yet, when we look at our President day Chief, and go back to his 2008 election campaign, only ONCE did the media ask Barry about his relationship with home grown terrorist Bill Ayers. Barry's response?

"a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis.

Now some of you on here might think this is true or Bill Ayers is not that bad. Take a look at whom Mr. Ayers
really is:

the 1960s radical back on September 11, 2001, the same day as the al-Qaeda attack that killed thousands of New Yorkers at the World Trade Center. The piece by Dinitia Smith began: “‘I don’t regret setting bombs,’ Bill Ayers said. ‘I feel we didn’t do enough.’”

Here is an excerpt from his piece in the New York Times:

Mr. Ayers, who in 1970 was said to have summed up the Weatherman philosophy as: ''Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that's where it's really at,'' is today distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago. And he says he doesn't actually remember suggesting that rich people be killed or that people kill their parents, but ''it's been quoted so many times I'm beginning to think I did,'' he said. ''It was a joke about the distribution of wealth.''

He went underground in 1970, after his girlfriend, Diana Oughton, and two other people were killed when bombs they were making exploded in a Greenwich Village town house. With him in the Weather Underground was Bernardine Dohrn, who was put on the F.B.I.'s 10 Most Wanted List. J. Edgar Hoover called her ''the most dangerous woman in America'' and ''la Pasionara of the Lunatic Left.''

Mr. Ayers and Ms. Dohrn later married. ... In 1969, after the Manson family murders in Beverly Hills, Ms. Dohrn told an S.D.S. audience: ''Dig it! Manson killed those pigs, then they ate dinner in the same room with them, then they shoved a fork into a victim's stomach.''

Sounds like a lovely woman don't ya think?

The New York Times

Newsbusters

National Review online

Just a guy in the neighborhood huh? No, no Mr. President, you lied.

In the mid-1990s, Obama was hired to be the chairman of Ayers’ “brainchild,” the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. Here are the key excerpts from Kurtz's op-ed in today’s Wall Street Journal; the entire must-read article can be found here wallstreet journal.com.

Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists. The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s. Among other feats, Mr. Ayers and his cohorts bombed the Pentagon, and he has never expressed regret for his actions. Barack Obama's first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a 1995 gathering at Mr. Ayers's home.

Now I ask everyone, how come this was NOT an issue in Obama's campaign? How could those whom did and still do support this man? How did this just get swept under the carpet? Because the media chose what and when they would release information ,which helped further the brainwashing of Americans.

Common sense says Obama's active participation with an admitted terrorist is far worse than Herman Cain's alleged sexual harassment deal; but when all political news is hyper focused on an issue such as this and sexual harassment is the biggest problem facing America, we have lost all common sense.

Thanks for your time,
Pax

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
First, let's get one thing perfectly clear --- they're all the same. Don't kid yourself, any of these people are no better than any others. Believeing anything else will just perpetuate this crap-storm in which we find ourselves. We can play the 'who is badder than who game' ad nauseum. It won't help anyone. They're all dirty. It's a job prerequisite. Who is worse a pedofile or a serial killer, a batterer or a crack addict... come on, this is pointless.

Whatever Cain did he's repeatedly changing his story. That alone should give any THINKING person pause. I have an idea: what say we STOP electing the same-old crap and maybe we can put a stop to the insanity.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

With all due respect, I am getting tired of the response, " they are all the same". No they are not. Mr. Cain has never held a political office. Obama had. Mr. Cain has a real plan and proven record to turn this economy around.,
Obama only has a plan to increase our debt. Mr. Cain did not support or accept financial gifts from a terrorist. Obama did.

Part of the problem with America is many hold the idea of apples to apples. In your scenario there is no turning America around. You appear to have the attitude of a defeatist. You know, Finished before you even start.

To sum up what you said, you compared crime to crime. Terrorism is a crime, sexual harassment is not.

You refuse to debate the question, which is why does Obama get a free pass from the media when Cain does not?

If they are all the same, then what is your answer to the problem?

Pax

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by jtma508

Terrorism is a crime, sexual harassment is not.

While terrorism is a crime, to "pal around with a terrorist" is NOT a crime. President Obama has never been charged with terrorism.

Several forms of sexual harassment are, indeed crimes. And we don't know if Cain is guilty or innocent, but he has been charged by at least 3 women. Whatever the alleged misconduct involved, it could very well be criminal.

To suggest that Cain's admitted involvement in a sexual harassment case somehow equates to Obama being a domestic terrorist is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You refuse to debate the question, which is why does Obama get a free pass from the media when Cain does not?

What makes you think Obama got a pass for something???

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What in heaven's name are you talking about "Obama gets a pass"??? Have you not heard of the rumors and accusations and 'dirty laundry' stories involving Obama and his heritage, his religion, his marriage and his personal habits??? Is that what you call 'giving him a pass'? One story comes out about Cain and some of you are acting like Obama never had any stories in the media about his personal life!
To this day, people are still accusing him of being born in Kenya or Indonesia or something.

What ARE you talking about? A 'pass'! That's hilarious!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

The only "domestic terrorist" i have seen is the government or government sponsored. However the government now states that "Domestic terrorists" are anyone who speaks out against government. This is tyranny.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Why are you comparing Herman Cain with President Barack Obama? I don't want to accuse you of making the comparison on the grounds they are both black guys but why wouldn't his campaign be compared to the relevant GOP campaigns? I thought you were gonna have some dirt on Romney or something.

What does he have to do with the president?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just checking...this is the "Election 2012" Forum??

Cuz this kind of nonsense is usually found in the "Political Madness" forum...which tolerates threads that used to end up in the HOAX forum.

Let's start with the OP Title...

"Domestic Terrorism or Sexual Harassment, Which is Worse? Isn't It Obvious?"

You do realize that in order for the premise of your OP to even remotely make sense...

Either Pres. Obama would have to have been accused of Domestic Terrorism, complete with a legal traill to support the accusation....

Or Cain would have to be a victim of the current Media Frenzy for simply associating with someone who was once charged with Sexual Harrassment.

AND THAT NIETHER OF THOSE THINGS THINGS ARE TRUE??

???????????

Seriously???
edit on 3-11-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

In the mid-1990s, Obama was hired to be the chairman of Ayers’ “brainchild,” the Chicago Annenberg Challenge.

Man...this sh*& cracks me up. Leonore Annenberg, who created and funded the Annenberg Foundation was a fierce Republican and a member of Ronald Reagans cabinet!!!! So you are saying Reagan was a Domestic Terrorist? Or just that Leonore Annenberg...known the world over for contributing to Republican Campaigns and Causes, decided to fund a domestic terrorist and his evil plans???

The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.

"Radical Education Activists"...WOW...you gotta love it. Reagan Cabinet Memeber, Staunch GOP supporter...fund "Radical" education activisits.

She was a GOP Funder, a Reagan Cabinet Member and she funded a "Challenge" to improve schools and education across the country...You guys read Terrorist Plot....WTF is wrong with some people.

Psst...BTW...she also funded "Fact Check"...that's right, a radical terrorist plot to try and get American politicians to tell the truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To be perfectly clear, especially for the ones that are so good at spin. I have NEVER called Obama a domestic terrorist.

The comparison was about the media, completely ignoring the fact that while campaigning Obama received money from and had strong ties to domestic terrorist Bill Ayers and the fact that the media is raking Herman Cain over the coals about a sexual harassment incident that we do not even know the details of.

Both men are Running for Office in 20012. The media ignored Obama's story and has hyper focused on Cain! I.E. the "free pass".

Pax
edit on 11/3/2011 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Uhm, where were you in Barack Obama's campaign? I recall his "palling around" with domestic terrorists being a big topic. I specifically remember Sarah Palin using the terminology "palling around", and the fact that I remember her specifically using that terminology 3-4 years ago proves that it was at least somewhat of a big deal.

As for your question, which is worse, you really shouldn't ask something like that. Both things are bad in their own ways. Even if Barack Obama was a domestic terrorist and if domestic terrorism was unanimously considered qualitatively worse than sexual harassment, that doesn't change the fact that Herman Cain did something wrong, and multiple women are coming forward about it. Not to mention, both the crime of terrorism and the crime of sexual harassment reveal major inner character flaws of desiring power and wanting to invoke fear in people. Just because sexual harassment doesn't cause as much physical pain doesn't mean that Herman Cain is somehow a good person because of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Look both issues are/were brought up. It just depends on whether you listen to left or right leaning media. The right pounded Obama's connections to radicals, just like the left is pounding Cain on the sexual harrassments claims. You have the same thing going on today as it was 3 years ago. Those who followed Obama defended him as with the followers of Cain are doing today. My question is why? We saw what happened 3 years ago when someone we didn't know a lot about and with virtually no political history, ride a wave of support right into the White House. Look how that turned out. Same thing is trying to happen again, this time on the right. Just because Cain isn't a career politician, doesn't make him the answer. I for one could care less about what happened 12 years ago. I'm looking at how he is handling it now with the story changing. On top of that, the flip flopping on some issues and what he had to say about Iran and China aquiring nuclear capabilites???? tells me he may not be the right man for the job.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

There seems to be a slight oversight with your comments..Obama lied about Bill Acres and his relationship with him. We have the facts on that. Cain's misters consist of allegations only. There is no proof whatsoever.

Sure women have come forward claiming this, but there the are no facts to back these claims up. Who is to saythat they were not disgruntled employees? Or that there was misinterpretation of the situation. You? me?
Neither one of us know for sure the exact circumstances. Yet you and the media have already convicted the man

Stating an allegation of sexual harassment is equal to terrorism is the equivalent of saying, cigarette smoking is equal to infidelity. Like I said in my Op most have lost their gift of common sense, do not become one of those people

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I have NEVER called Obama a domestic terrorist.

And the media has not called Cain a sexual predator.

That's just one of MANY places that your comparison falls apart.

Second place: The media did NOT ignore the Bill Ayers association!

www.realclearpolitics.com...
voices.washingtonpost.com...
www.discoverthenetworks.org...
www.nytimes.com...

I could easily list 50 sources from 2008 that associate Barack Obama with Domestic Terrorist Bill Ayers. You have either completely lost you memory, your ability to discern or you have employed a strong selective memory. I suspect the latter.

You're listening to the whiny victim branch of the GOP (think Sean Hannity) who are crying about a manufactured unfairness between the black fellows. Warning: It's a trap. Be smart enough to stay out of it by thinking for yourself!

It's been pointed out beautifully how twisted and spun YOUR story is, yet you accuse others of spin... :shk:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
First, let's get one thing perfectly clear --- they're all the same. Don't kid yourself, any of these people are no better than any others.

I have to differ with you on that. Ron Paul is different from the rest. Ron Paul is a MD, not a lawyer, and not a professional politician with his hands in the Lobby's pockets.

paul.house.gov...
(Congressman Paul website)

www.ronpaul2012.com...
(Committee to elect Ron Paul)

www.lewrockwell.com...
(Ron Paul Archives)

new topics

top topics

join