It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Demons and Magicks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There are too many accounts from history, superstitions, ideas and fantasies surrounding these things for me to ignore. Somehow, I feel, it must be real. But how can it be real and not break this reality?

I can see it as real but only if these things are only channeled. Because I feel that if someone was able to cast spells with their own mind, and bind demons with their own mind, then their mind would begin to evolve until they essentially became a demi-god and would lord over the earth. This has not happened, so for me to believe in demons and magick I feel they must be a form of channeling. A gift of the universe to teach us.

If it is channeled then it would allow some humans to actually perform magick and summon and bind demons, without crashing the computer so to speak. If you are summoning demons and magick, you are actually being used as a tool to inspire others by showing them what this reality is really capable of. The universe is saying to those who do this, you need to get used to it, because once our imaginations become powerful enough and we transcend this world, we will have to be ready to do this kind of stuff.

I have never seen any real magick, or any demons for that matter, so they don't really exist for me. But if they exist for you, you may be a true servant of the universe, so keep your senses open; something big is coming real soon!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Please don't use magick with a 'k' unless you're a Thelemite.
Uncle Al would be most pleased...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MemeticHarvest

don't 'cast spells' its called backlash...

the K thing is correct aswell, but I tend to think most people use the K to distinguish from card tricks. try typing 'magic' in google video search and you'll see why in about 5 seconds.

ed: I think your right about channeling more than the idea of casting something. think ill wait to see how this thread progresses before I post anything else. inb4 skeptics.
edit on 3/11/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

Look up Thelema...
But you're right about the card trick thing, just not who started using the word.
Dear old Uncle Al

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

are you srsly? I know...im saying, some people use the K to distinguish from people like derron brown with their mind games, from actual 'magic' like the rope trick.

ed: to be clear, I don't need to know anything more about thelema.

I blame the english language and its multiple same word terribleness -_- carry on. (for those that don't know the K came from crowley, and he channeled an 'angel' and made up his own magic'k' al language. and did terrible things to goats, and i think i'll leave it there. I could go further to say there is no such thing as white or black magic/k, but im waiting to see how this thread goes.)

I hope that didn't come across as rude, im just trying to say I know =)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for your comments, but don't expect too much to come of this thread. It is just a tiny meme that barely proved itself to me as something worth saying. I am really unexperienced in this genre, but I feel it is important to have a solid opinion of it because I don't want it to come later to disrupt my phylosophical paradigm.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

I spelled it with a K because it adds to the mystique that is characteristic of magick itself.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Man, it was first used by Aleister Crowley. It doesn't matter who uses it now.
Always know the 'why' you are using something.
Me, I love Uncle Al. One of the funniest blokes in history and a childhood hero of mine. But unless you're really sure you're 'into that sort of thing', research....
But as I said, he's be grinning in his grave right now knowing the effect he's had.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I believe channeling energy is an essential aspect of any kind of Working. However, the individual mind, will and imagination cannot be excluded from this process. While the Power works through a person, it is also contained within the person. If the vessel is weak, it'll break. Every time.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

here's one example of the indian rope trick, which in its full form is banned in many countries because of the possibly mythical second part (either spontanious invisibility or the death and rebirth via chopping up of the climber.)

www.youtube.com...

however that works it seams the acoustic properties of the situation raise the rope.

and here is a similar account of the acoustic levity. www.crystalinks.com...

the best example I can think of of 'real' magic was a david blain episode in africa, people we're controlling leaves blowing in the wind to an extent, passing them between eachother without physical contact, you could 'probably' explain it with science but it leave just enough room for doubt.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I can see it as real but only if these things are only channeled. Because I feel that if someone was able to cast spells with their own mind, and bind demons with their own mind, then their mind would begin to evolve until they essentially became a demi-god and would lord over the earth. This has not happened, so for me to believe in demons and magick I feel they must be a form of channeling. A gift of the universe to teach us.

I have never seen any real magick, or any demons for that matter, so they don't really exist for me. But if they exist for you, you may be a true servant of the universe, so keep your senses open; something big is coming real soon!

Well I guess I have to ask what type of Magic are you talking about? Because magic is not something out of D&D 4th edition where you can cast Level 5 Fireball.

"The Great Art" is based upon many aspects of science, mainly psychology.

We as intelligent life have the ability to defy our primal nature, to perceive outside the boundaries of what our senses can naturally comprehend. Magic is "WILL", you can do ANYTHING if you set your mind to it by overcoming your fears and your doubts. This is Magic.

"The Great art" is a double edged sword, it can be black or white it all depends on who is welding it. Our religious texts and teachers have all mentioned this. There will always be those who attempt to become as Tiamat, Icarus, Lucifer, those who want to become greater than God. But God is perfection, and as pieces of God we can only strive to be as God, to do more is a fools errand which is fueled by the dominating ego.

Their is no dogma, no divine law which dictates the tenants of "The Great Art", it is a personal experience as God is for everyone. Many have attempted to brand it with their name and dogma, Alister Crowley is probably the most guilty of this bunch, while his early writings are decent the older he got the more his ego was fed by greed and power. Anyone who teaches that you can "subvert the WILL of others to fulfill your own WILL" is leading you down a dark path. Love and Compassion is what separates us from the lower life forms, just think about that when practicing "The Great Art" its the only "rule" that I follow.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow great information. You guys really know your stuff. And from different yet wise and true perspectives. Thank you for enlightening me. The distilled information you provided would have taken me many months of casual research to dig up.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Well I guess I have to ask what type of Magic are you talking about? Because magic is not something out of D&D 4th edition where you can cast Level 5 Fireball.

Are you serious? Crap! Forget it then! I'm going home!

"The Great Art" is based upon many aspects of science, mainly psychology.

I've read the "Magician's Companion" too. I don't completely buy the magick as psychology thing. It seems like a spin off of Existential Therapy. Which pretty much preaches the same thing. We create our worlds, our suffering, our joy, etc. To a degree that is true, but there is more to it than just completely psychological functions.

We as intelligent life have the ability to defy our primal nature, to perceive outside the boundaries of what our senses can naturally comprehend. Magic is "WILL", you can do ANYTHING if you set your mind to it by overcoming your fears and your doubts. This is Magic.

"The Great art" is a double edged sword, it can be black or white it all depends on who is welding it. Our religious texts and teachers have all mentioned this. There will always be those who attempt to become as Tiamat, Icarus, Lucifer, those who want to become greater than God. But God is perfection, and as pieces of God we can only strive to be as God, to do more is a fools errand which is fueled by the dominating ego.

It sounds like in striving to be as God we are actually trying to become greater than him. Therefore, we'd be suffering the same folly as Tiamat and Icarus.

Love and Compassion is what separates us from the lower life forms, just think about that when practicing "The Great Art" its the only "rule" that I follow.

I thought speech and NOUS separated us from the lower life forms.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I've been looking into a lot of these things, and I feel there is definitely substance here.

Watch the whole thing on youtube if you dig it, it gets very interesting when it moves onto the scientists who have used the occult....Jung...Einstein....etc
edit on 3-11-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Anyone who teaches that you can "subvert the WILL of others to fulfill your own WILL" is leading you down a dark path. Love and Compassion is what separates us from the lower life forms, just think about that when practicing "The Great Art" its the only "rule" that I follow.

I believe that magic is possible without the use of channeling with dark beings contrary to what I've heard on the internet dozens of times. Love and compassion wins over greed and destruction in my book.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Anyone who teaches that you can "subvert the WILL of others to fulfill your own WILL" is leading you down a dark path. Love and Compassion is what separates us from the lower life forms, just think about that when practicing "The Great Art" its the only "rule" that I follow.

I believe that magic is possible without the use of channeling with dark beings contrary to what I've heard on the internet dozens of times. Love and compassion wins over greed and destruction in my book.

What about love of greed and compassion for destruction? Do they ever win out? And you shouldn't judge the internet so harshly. Some believe it is the new Buddha.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftySinister

It sounds like in striving to be as God we are actually trying to become greater than him. Therefore, we'd be suffering the same folly as Tiamat and Icarus.

That is quite a cynical interpretation. We strive to be perfect, to be again one with God. As I said in my previous post, we are pieces of God, thus we are one with God, ergo we are perfect it is only our illusion that we are not.

What about love of greed and compassion for destruction?

Continuing on my above statement, there are those who would take the fact of us being perfect and due to their own selfishness and egotistical behavior think themselves God and that they have the right to "do what thou will" regardless of the consequences. But the more they feed the dominating ego the more they will strive to become more and more powerful to the point where they would look down on their siblings looking at them as less perfect/enlightened. This is where control, oppression, and the illusion of dominance come from...the dominating ego the thought that one is more important than the collective ONE. Are they wrong for what they do? IMO yes but in reality...No...because there is no punishment, there is no divine law to judge those who choose to live a certain way. This universe is gray chaotic harmony, it does not pull to one extreme. The reward and punishment system was created to instill fear into the masses, it makes more sense to be a "Beacon of Light in the Darkness" to be morally good in a world of uncertainty and perceived evil .

When I mentioned Love and Compassion I'm surprised you did not catch my meaning. Love and Compassion towards each other is what matters.

Do I have Love for the greedy...yes.

Do I have Compassion for the destructive...yes.

Why...because we are all children of God, and we are all confused.

I believe in justice...but I believe more in forgiveness.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
They're real. Does anyone have any experience when dealing with Archon's?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KVVVLT

What is an Archon? Does it involve two templar?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hi, I don't think anyone really devled into the subject or question that you were asking/stating. Everyone was side-tracked by the k vs no k......

Anyway, reading your post, I believe you have it wrong to think that you can perform magic(k) with your brain or mind....I believe it is more of a heart/emotion interdimensional pulling down from other energies. High emotion, little thinking really.

To answer the Archon question...this has always been a good Vid to watch! enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join