It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Society journal archive made permanently free to access

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Now Online: The Royal Society's 350-Year-Long Archive, Newton, Darwin, and all your other favorites.

Source

The Royal Society just uploaded every article older than 70 years, and the entire collection is searchable online. Along with Newton’s first research paper, the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society contain roughly 69,000 articles, including original research by Robert Boyle, William Herschel, Joseph Lister, Michael Faraday and others; Benjamin Franklin’s famous kite-lightning experiment; bizarre accounts of students hit by lightning; and ruminations on what Moon Citizens would glimpse as they looked at Earth, among many other tales.

(Alternative source) Source

Source

The archive also includes all articles from Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, first published in 1665 and officially recognised as the world's first ever peer-reviewed journal. Henry Oldenburg, the first Editor of Philosophical Transactions, wrote in his introduction to the first edition: '...it is therefore thought fit to employ the Press, as the most proper way to gratify those, whose...delight in the advancement of Learning and profitable Discoveries, doth entitle them to the knowledge of what this Kingdom, or other parts of the World, do, from time to time, afford...' He went on to state that potential contributors are: '...invited and encouraged to search, try, and find out new things, impart their knowledge to one another, and contribute what they can to the Grand design of improving natural knowledge, and perfecting all Philosophical Arts, and Sciences.'

Philisophical transaction archives

Archives online

edit on 3-11-2011 by Daedal because: revise

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good find I bet there is some really interesting matter in there somewhere. It makes you think of how much information, knowledge and informed opinions are just not available to us.

Thanks for the thread and links

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Great Job
Thanks for the heads up

now I have another place to spend the wee hours of the morning

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

You know I was thinking the same thing,another available resource to scour and peruse.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is cewl, Thanks dude

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Excellent. I will be spending quite a bit of time there now! Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join