It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama urges Bosnian leaders not to support Palestinian bid at UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

President Obama urges Bosnian leaders not to support Palestinian bid at UN

www.washingtonpost.com

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina — President Barack Obama has sent a letter to Bosnian leaders urging them not to support the Palestinian bid for statehood at the U.N. Security Council, authorities said Thursday.

Bosnia has a non-permanent seat on the Security Council, and its three-member presidency is split on the issue. The Bosniak supports the Palestinians, the Serb is pro-Israeli and the Croat has not made his position clear. Without unanimity, Bosnia must abstain, which counts as a ‘no’.......
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So now what now? Many nations including Canada and the others supported the Palestinian bid yet the U.S. for the last decade kept on vetoing it saying no no no.

I mean dude i don't know what are the reasons for this and not some like the U.S. is a dog for Israel, etc, etc.

Was it because Hamas kept on lobbing rockets into Israel on daily basic bothering Israel?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

I dunno what you mean by Canada supporting Palestinians. We voted no on the UNESCO vote and we intend on voting no in the rest of the votes too.

Canada is NOT a friend of Palestine. Stephen Harper is clearly an Israeli fan boy.

fyi, I am Canadian.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
At this point, it really isn't about Pro-Israel or Pro-Palestine. IMHO. It's whether someone is pro-war or peace. If they get their statehood on the 11th and then go to act on that in the sense it technically allows for by definition, we'll have a full regional war inside a day..maybe 2. The geography, land distribution and simple tensions/emotion involved make it just short of inevitable. Perhaps that is what both sides want at this point though...maybe they just need to have their fight to the death and we can make new relations and agreements with the survivors.

Personally..I'd give anything to see the vote set back or dropped entirely. Obama needs to pick a side though..even if that side IS 100% neutral. He keeps playing half way into everyone's camp the way he has been though, and the U.S. will be among the few on this that find BOTH sides over there hate us equally. Oh why can't we have a leader and not a pure politician in the White House during this most critical period....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
dumb asses.. all of em... Obama needs to kick rocks.. freakin elementary school politics man. get em all out of there..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
At this point, it really isn't about Pro-Israel or Pro-Palestine. IMHO. It's whether someone is pro-war or peace. If they get their statehood on the 11th and then go to act on that in the sense it technically allows for by definition, we'll have a full regional war inside a day..maybe 2. The geography, land distribution and simple tensions/emotion involved make it just short of inevitable. Perhaps that is what both sides want at this point though...maybe they just need to have their fight to the death and we can make new relations and agreements with the survivors.

Personally..I'd give anything to see the vote set back or dropped entirely. Obama needs to pick a side though..even if that side IS 100% neutral. He keeps playing half way into everyone's camp the way he has been though, and the U.S. will be among the few on this that find BOTH sides over there hate us equally. Oh why can't we have a leader and not a pure politician in the White House during this most critical period....

Because We The People did not do our due dilligence and elected a man that played both sides on issues throughout his campaign. We elected the biggest politician of our time, he has no leadership skills, it was evident from the start. If you want to believe a country runs on hope, you are in for a rude awakening. When you get sick you don't "hope" you get better, you get an expert to treat you. This country is sick, it needs an expert to treat its ails, not a hopeful politician.

In 2004 he stated, “I think it’s time for us to end the embargo with Cuba.” (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, 1/20/04), Obama later told the Miami Herald “As president, I’ll maintain the embargo it’s an important inducement for change because we know that Castro’s death will not guarantee freedom.”

While campaigning Obama said “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don’t tell me I’m not coming home to Selma, Alabama.” The only problem is the march happend in 1965 I think it was, and Obama was born in 1961.

Dude Is A Liar.
edit on 4-11-2011 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You're absolutely right. Obama's race, birth place or favorite color have nothing to do with anything here. He's a crappy leader and a compulsive liar. That isn't necessarily a 1st time occurrance in the Oval Office, but we sure couldn't have picked a worse time in history to elect a spineless bowl of Jello to play house and act like he actually knows what he's doing.

We're doomed if the world is thinking the U.S. can save anything this time around. They're on their own, when the U.S. isn't actually making things worse right now.

new topics

top topics

join