It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the US official policy be....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
after watching the recent events in russia with the school being held captive, it raised a question for me. say the same thing was happening right now in america? i know we say "never bow to terrorist demands" but would the gov really let a school full of kids be massacered?

on a side note i find this to be a monstrous, horrible situation. i pray that the kidnappers are not as cold hearted as they speak and would not actually kill the kids, although i know i'm just trying to calm myself down by saying this. after this news and the recent 'fad' of beheadings, i sometimes just hope judgement day is near....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The terrorists in the US are the FBI, CIA, ATF and US military. Possibly in conjuction with some elected officials.

THE TERRORISTS ARE AMERICAN BUTCHERS KILLING INNOCENT AMERICAN CITIZENS.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
sure slank, i'm sure you'll still believe that even if a real terrosist group took hostages here in the u.s. anyway, while it would seem cold and harsh, i do believe no negotiation is the best policy. a blanket refusal to negotiate with any terrorist would go the farthest in fighting them. much farther then giving in to their demands.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How right you are Astroblade

How very right indeed.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
The terrorists in the US are the FBI, CIA, ATF and US military. Possibly in conjuction with some elected officials.

THE TERRORISTS ARE AMERICAN BUTCHERS KILLING INNOCENT AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Are you on crack or something dude? Seriously. Those branches of the government keep us safe. While there is admittedly some corruption throughout the government, I don't think I've witnessed the FBI taking over a U.S. school and killing hundreds of innocent children...perhaps I just missed the news story about that...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
would the gov really let a school full of kids be massacered?

They would have a standoff and ultimately assault the compound, much like in waco. At least, since thats what they've done in the past, its what I expect they'd do in the future.

i pray that [they] would not actually kill the kids,

They took them prisoner for the explicit purpose of killing them, at least if their demands aren't met. I can't imagine the kind of person that can kill that many children.

i sometimes just hope judgement day is near

The worlds allways been crazy, and will continue to be crazy for a very very long time.

The assyrians, upon putting down a partiuclar uprising (or wasit merely an invasion? i don't recall) and destroying the enemy army so thougoughyl that they filled a nearby river, caught the leaders, executed them (beheading, coincidentally enough) and then too teh elders of the tribe/city/whatever and made them dig up their ancestors' bones and grind them into dust.

The romans would nail people to big peices of wood and let them hang there until they died.

The jews would execute some people by throwing numerous rocks at them til they were dead. Etc etc.

This sort of behaviour, sad to say, is very much human. Its going to be around for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
For those who lack the imagination they can not see what they will not accept. Perhaps it is a defense mechanism or something, which i can understand. You must take your mind to the place of alternate explanation then see if the pieces fit from that perspective. If they do examine if they fit better or worse than your original perspective. The better fit is the higher probability.

Everyone agreeing that the Earth is flat doesn't make the world flat. Take your mind to an excited unfixated state and examine the facts VERY carefully. Then you may cut through the fog of confusion and comfort and laziness of conventional thinking.

new topics

top topics

join