It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The UK Will Not Defeat Iran...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just figured out that Iran is the fourth largest EXPORTER of oil in the world:

www.infoplease.com...

It exports more oil than Kuwait or Venezuela.

A war would interrupt the exports, and make oil prices soar.

China is the biggest importer of Iranian oil:

www.arabianoilandgas.com...

China will not be happy with the disruption of Iran's oil exports...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Its not so much that Iran is the 4th largest exporter of oil, its that Iran can shut or disrupt the Straight of Hormuz which MUCH more oil than they export flows out of. THAT is the issue...

Originally posted by GLontra
I just figured out that Iran is the fourth largest EXPORTER of oil in the world:

www.infoplease.com...

It exports more oil than Kuwait or Venezuela.

A war would interrupt the exports, and make oil prices soar.

China is the biggest importer of Iranian oil:

www.arabianoilandgas.com...

China will not be happy with the disruption of Iran's oil exports...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Oh yeah. They could stop the flow of oil from Iraq, Kwait, Qatar, Bahrein, and the United Arab Emirates.

edit on 3-11-2011 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Don't see a ground invasion happening at all, but if it did, the US/UK would probably have complete air control relatively quickly, which would certainly help

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The lack of support at home will be the fundemental thing that ensures any attack will ultimately fail.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Talking about the Straight of Hormuz, I was reading the Wikipedia article about it, and I discovered this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Iran Air Flight 655 (IR655) was a civilian jet airliner shot down by U.S. missiles on 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, toward the end of the Iran–Iraq War. The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2-203 operated by Iran Air, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran, to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf on its usual flight path when it was destroyed by the U.S. Navy's guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, including 66 children,[1] ranking it twelfth among the deadliest disasters in aviation history. It was the highest death toll of any aviation incident in the Indian Ocean and the highest death toll of any incident involving an Airbus A300 anywhere in the world. Vincennes entered into Iranian territorial waters after sending one of its helicopters to buzz Iranian speedboats located inside Iranian waters, and the helicopter drew warning fire from the speedboats. IR655 was within Iranian airspace at the time it was shot down.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
The lack of support at home will be the fundemental thing that ensures any attack will ultimately fail.

I hope so but a million of us marched against the war in Iraq and that didn't change their minds.
Time for the troops and the generals to just say "No if you want to fight send your sons and daughters to war not us"
edit on 3-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok can i point one thing out if TSHTF and they went to war with JUST iran the UK would win (possibly without help from NATO at all) due to one thing...

TECHNOLOGY

although the UK would be greatly outnumbered the outdated iranian hardware would be almost useless
the UK has some top quality aircraft and land vehicles (mostly US made) and the sheer bombardment from british destroyers/submarines via tomahawk cruise missles would render almost ALL land weapons and ALL grounded aircraft useless this would give air supremacy to the british and ultimately victory BUT and this is a BIG BUT this victory would only be won if britain used its full military might and if china and russia did not get involved at all (not even supplying weapons)

but then again britain would never ever go to war against a nation fully at all...
they would merely support isreali and US (whos war it is anyway)
for one simple reason MONEY
britain has olympics next year in london and cannot afford to be at war AND have troops at home to protect against terrorism (the metropolitan police wont be enough at all)

the only reason britain is even anticipating such an attack is cause they are in US pocket and must protect a friends-friend

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am sorry. There is no need to invade Iran. I hope there is no war. If there was war...the US would shut Iran's military down in weeks, if not days. The buildings, reactors,science buildings and much of Iran's infrastcutre would be burning ruins in a few days time. Such a war would be horrible but make no mistake the US war machine is so technologicaly advanced that it would just as it has every were else render the enemy inept.

There is no reason to invade. Simply shut down the infrastructure. Kill supply lines and eventually either the people in Iran or a drone would kill the leaders required to bring change to Iran.

The only difference between what happend in Lybia and what would happen in Iran is that the US would have to spend some weeks destroying the Iranian military which it CAN easily do with very few losses on the US side.

No I don't want it to happen but their is no equal to the US military ability to quickly defeat any conventional force on earth.

Why do you think Iran wants Nukes? Because its the only way they might prevent US from actually going to war with them at some point. US would be unlikely to go to war with Iran if it had the ability to respond on Saudi, Israel etc...with a Nuke. Get nukes and your safe from US attack. At least as long as you never use the nukes you have. While Iranian nuke would not likely be able to hurt America directly it could badly hurt an Aly.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
War is a bad idea, i already know this.
isn't it about time we all got rid of nukes. DAMN YOU GLOBAL PARANOIA

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
Ok can i point one thing out if TSHTF and they went to war with JUST iran the UK would win (possibly without help from NATO at all) due to one thing...

TECHNOLOGY

although the UK would be greatly outnumbered the outdated iranian hardware would be almost useless
the UK has some top quality aircraft and land vehicles (mostly US made) and the sheer bombardment from british destroyers/submarines via tomahawk cruise missles would render almost ALL land weapons and ALL grounded aircraft useless this would give air supremacy to the british and ultimately victory BUT and this is a BIG BUT this victory would only be won if britain used its full military might and if china and russia did not get involved at all (not even supplying weapons)

but then again britain would never ever go to war against a nation fully at all...
they would merely support isreali and US (whos war it is anyway)
for one simple reason MONEY
britain has olympics next year in london and cannot afford to be at war AND have troops at home to protect against terrorism (the metropolitan police wont be enough at all)

the only reason britain is even anticipating such an attack is cause they are in US pocket and must protect a friends-friend

You forget a few things, A stiff upper lip and lots of tea and crumpets

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If this is all out war, than any middle eastern country gets obliterated.

THE US and the UK are capable of building

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Free Energy - All wars end.
Damn it all, Stop this madness.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Russia and China will supply weapons to Iran. If they do not (and are not right now) they are stupid.

If NATO is stupid enough to invade Iran, all the lemmings that will go there and fight almost deserve what's gonna happen to them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Personally i think war with Iran would not be a good thing and i hope i never see it happening. Iran will change direction on its own owing to the demographics of the nation - over half the population is under the age of 30 and they like things like free internet access, democracy, etc.

However, to keep this purely in the spirit of your original post (ie military numbers), the UK could definitely take on Iran. Pure numbers mean nothing at all when you have advanced technology on your side. Quite simply, we have weapons that Iran could not defend against which would quite quickly lead to air superiority. Once you have control of the skies you can move with impunity far easier and focus on more targeted strikes.

It is a moot point though as even if it came to it, i doubt TPTB would properly equip the military with the necessary munitions and machinery - they would leave it years and then have a public enquiry into how things were allowed to go so wrong!
edit on 24-11-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
My own personal thought..combined forces are struggling to control a few cave dwellers in afghanistan..so i dare'nt think how they''ll cope with the larger powers..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The Fact of the matter Isn't if the UK would ever attack Iran, they wouldn't... The UK can't afford it.

And yes if it did ever happen, we would kick arse

How can you lose when you have a new Stealth Cruise Missile called the "Shadow Storm". That name alone can win wars.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
US army could take anyone 1-1?

What happened in Vietnam?

Never underestimate the British army, we could take on America with 500k strong army, but I'm glad We are allies cause our government won't get our army that high unless ww3 starts. Iran? Please, Iran would do fook all. Russia and their plastics weapons, nukes. Take out the missile defence system, done. China, really? Sheer numbers but don't have the weaponry and technology us Brits have.

So, basically with our good allies America helping us, no problem

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
i do hope the aggressive party/parties get the ultimate slap down. i am sure most of you know who will profit from upcoming war. atrocity for the benefit of the few. perhaps this one will end all stupid conflicts by the people understanding there is no place on this planet for elites to play their chess games anymore. do you get the feeling the hierarchies are scared due to the fact they are using violence towards their own peaceful citizens?

f

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Belarus and Ukraine are out of the list.They are pro-Russia. India should be out and neutral most probably.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join