It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec measles outbreak could spread, warns expert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Quebec measles outbreak could spread, warns expert

www.ctv.ca

Canadian health officials are warning that with more than 250 people in Quebec infected by measles, the outbreak could start spreading to the rest of the country too.

There have been 208 cases of measles reported in Quebec since May 1 and a total of 254 since the beginning of the year. That's a huge number, considering that there are typically only 11 cases a year in all of Canada, says the Public Health Agency of Canada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ca.news.yahoo.com
www.cbc.ca

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Measles is pretty serious. It was thought to be eradicated not too long ago. I hope this doesn't spread any more than it has. Please warn anyone that you know who is vulnerable.

This brings up the ever sensitive subject about vaccines. I am clearly biased against them but measles is a horrible disease that can kill 1 out of 3,000 people. I'm not going to tell anyone what to decide.

Would the people who have not been vaccinated be protected against this current strain if they were to get the vaccination?

I got the shot as a child, not sure if I'm happy about it or not. Let's hope this outbreak goes away.

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I actually got measles before I had the shot, and I still had to get the shot. That's how insane vaccination rules are; don't know how people get out of it.

By the way, my parents were not even close to anti-vaccine.

254 cases? Could be a new strain.
edit on 3-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yeah, I wonder how many of those 254 have actually been vaccinated?

Could definitely be a new strain.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is just a new world order depopulation technique. This was created in a laboratory, and they're going to infect the world in order to slim down our numbers so they can round us up in camps, kill us, make us do slave work, and oppress us with they're tyrannical rule.

Nah I'm kidding. I hope it's not going to be too serious, swine flu was hyped up to be the new bunonic plague, but what ever happened to that? However I don't recall there being this many cases in such a short amount of time, and I don't know alot about how diseases spread, so it might become serious.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wonder how long the vaccination is good for? I had one in college, 20 years ago. I woke up the next day covered in little red spots. All they asked me before the vaccination was "are you allergic to eggs?". I wasn't, I eat eggs all the time. Maybe my body didn't like to be INJECTED with eggs

I'm not so pleased with vaccinations now, they tell you they cannot give you the disease, and you still wake up with a mild form of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I normally don't buy into any of the hype when flu season comes around. But there are a lot of cases in a small area. This is not normal for Canada.

Part of me wants to scream propaganda psy-op but I'm trying to stay as unbiased as possible, this could be something serious.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I remember a few adverse reactions from some of the shots I received as a child. The last shot I got was tetanus and I'm not due for a couple more years.

I wonder if they will blame this outbreak on the vaccines no longer being effective or if the blame will be placed on people who have not received the vaccines. From what I hear people who have been vaccinated have also been getting sick.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And measles is different than flu outbreaks. At least for flu prevention we can take our Vit D, wash our hands, and eat our fruits and vegies.

I don't think there's anything one can do to prevent the measles, other than vaccines or isolation from people

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I certainly hope that isn't what is going around here in the Fraser Valley. My kids have missed 2 weeks of school, and we're all sick. They got it from their friends.

It seemed like hand, foot and mouth disease and associated with cows, and this area is cattle country. So I assumed it was that.

They didn't get bumps all over. Only one got those bad, he still has them on the palms of his hands and feet, and around his mouth.

But the initial symptoms are the same: sore throat, bad one, mines been for days and days. Aches, pains, back ache, fever, chills.

I sure hope this isn't, the only difference in symptoms is this is not all over the body. Though my one son had some on his upper back too.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm in quebec right now
I'm not sure if I ever got vaccinated or not

If you get the shot, how long does it last?
Does it last your entire life?

What do you guys think?
I'm so anti-vaccine man, i don't know what to do

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Vaccines are whack, just roll the dice and hope you don't get the measles.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I wonder how long the vaccination is good for? I had one in college, 20 years ago. I woke up the next day covered in little red spots. All they asked me before the vaccination was "are you allergic to eggs?". I wasn't, I eat eggs all the time. Maybe my body didn't like to be INJECTED with eggs

I'm not so pleased with vaccinations now, they tell you they cannot give you the disease, and you still wake up with a mild form of it.

That's the whole point. Vaccines are a de-activated version of the disease, which causes your immune system to react, but lacks the power to overwhelm it, allowing your body to manufacture immunity.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Vaccines are whack, just roll the dice and hope you don't get the measles.

Speak for yourself! If I can have a vaccine that can prevent me being infected, I'll take it. Contrary to the scaremongering that goes on here, vaccines are tested to eliminate risks to subjects before they're used. But nothing is totally risk free. That's life. It's a matter of deciding if you want to risk the comparatively tiny possibility of adverse reactions to a vaccine, or the near certainty of being hit full-on by a disease and having absolutely no defence against its worst effects.
edit on 3-11-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

there are anti-viral natural remedies that are very good. I also read that bicarbonate of soda (1 teaspoon a day in a pint of water) makes the body alkaline, & disease cannot survive in that environment. our food & water are acidic by either design or nature(I know what I think), but I use bicarb & I get much less sick than I used to. It's worth looking up. Vit c to avoid colds, but I was told it was banned in US when we had last swine flu panic.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I'm in quebec right now
I'm not sure if I ever got vaccinated or not

If you get the shot, how long does it last?
Does it last your entire life?

What do you guys think?
I'm so anti-vaccine man, i don't know what to do

You'd be better off talking to a trained professional i.e. your Doctor, rather than anyone here.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by honestyblaze

there are anti-viral natural remedies that are very good. I also read that bicarbonate of soda (1 teaspoon a day in a pint of water) makes the body alkaline, & disease cannot survive in that environment. our food & water are acidic by either design or nature(I know what I think), but I use bicarb & I get much less sick than I used to. It's worth looking up. Vit c to avoid colds, but I was told it was banned in US when we had last swine flu panic.

A strong immune system and things like vitamin C, garlic etc will help fight a cold, but because there are so many mutations of the virus, it's impossible to ward them all off.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Attenuvax - Measles Merck & Co., Inc. 800-672-6372
* measles live virus neomycin sorbitol hydrolized gelatin, chick embryo

Biavax - Rubella Merck & Co., Inc. 800-672-6372
* rubella live virus neomycin sorbitol hydrolized gelatin, human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue

Attenuvax
measles Merck & Co., Inc.
800-672-6372 measles live virus neomycin sorbitol hydrolized gelatin, chick embryo
Biavax
rubella Merck & Co., Inc.
800-672-6372 rubella live virus neomycin sorbitol hydrolized gelatin, human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue
2 different sources, 2 vaccines as didn't know if it was measles or german measles. these are the ingredients.
Aborted fetal tissue sounds kinda gross. I wonder why that is necessary.... but nothing like an informed decision. it's probably much better for you than sorbitol though. hope you don't get either.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

If they told you that before your measles vaccination, they were wrong. Measles is a live virus, and people with broken immune systems have died from it. See the recent Institute of Medicine book on adverse effects (available on nap.edu) for several cases of infants who died.

With that said, if you have a working immune system, you should absolutely have MMR. Eventually these measles outbreaks will hit someone with a broken immune system and kill them, and it will be because someone with a healthy immune system decided not to get vaccinated.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Vaccinations do not usually make you immune - they generally greatly lower the chance of geting the disease, but not to zero.

AFAIK the measles one is effective within a short time frame - a week or 2?

There are measles outvbreaks all around the world now - Google search - thanks a lot anti-vaccine movement!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join