It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop Assistance Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I need to take a class or soemtin cause i really dont even know the program that well

Well, if it will help some of you and encourage you to try, I will tell you...I have never taken a class.

Practice, practice, practice!

KL is right about finding pics of models.
When I was first learning things like cutting people out, a mentor told me "Who wants to practice on Mr. Freaking Rogers? Get something you like....like some hot chicks!"

Oh, look at me now...

Edit: Note the windows logo colors in the Deny Ignorance of my Bill Gates avatar? THAT's attention to detail. Remember that stuff when making things. It all helps to make it oh so much better.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hey guys...

Could any of you offer up some instructions on creating a collage (sp?) of photos in Photoshop? I know it may seem rather trivial and simplistic, but Photoshop is pretty much the only program I don't have much experience with. Thanks alot...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You can just create a new document in Photoshop to the dimensions you want and start layering your images. Use the free transform tool to resize the images (hold down the shift key to maintain relative dimensions).

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks kinglizard.

I ended up figuring that out late last night. However, I do have another question. Now that I have all the images combined, how can I fade the images into one big image. I have tried using layer masks (from a tutorial I found), but I absolutely could not get them to work. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks MILLIONS!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I would use small photos if you aren�t going to cut the figures out of the background. Then you can select the eraser tool and set the opacity to 40% or so with a soft brush. Select the different layers and erase around the figure until you can see the image below. Or use the layer opacity to fade the entire layer to reveal what is beneath. I didn�t spend any time on the image below but you can get the idea from it. I�m afraid it will just be trial and error until you get it to look good. Just play around with opacity, eraser tool and image location until you get something you like. Be sure to save a layered copy before you start messing with it so you can revert to it incase you do something you didn�t intend to do.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
excellent advice, sir! many thanks to you...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
No problem Trojanex, when you finish with the image feel free to share it with us, unless it's of a personal nature.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I would like to share, esp since you gave your time to help. Yet, since it contains pics of friends and family, I wouldnt not feel comfortable posting it. You never know in today's world...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Totally Understandable, I would feel the same way.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
[Edited on 3-9-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
First create your text, keep in mind the type of effect you want to use. If you want to use the steps below it�s best to use a �thick� font. Also it�s almost always best to create your text on another document and make it 3 times as big as you want the final text. Use the Free Transform tool to resize the text while holding down the Shift key to maintain the aspect ratio after you have created the finished text. Then insert the text to the finished image.

Select the text layer and press the �Add Layer Style� button.

Press �Blending Options�.

Now let�s choose the �stroke� function. This will add a color border around the text. Adjust the size and color to your liking.

Now to �Bevel and Emboss�. It will make the text look more 3-d like. Click it�s box and again adjust the �Depth�, �Size� and �Angle� until you are satisfied.

Finally lets add a shadow to make it leap of the page. Press �drop shadow� and adjust the �opacity�, �angle�, �distance� and �size�.

That�s it, insert it into your image and use the �free Transform� tool while holding down the shift key to size it correctly.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
looks liek your using cs now nice. How do you like it is it a big difference between 6&7.

And Zedd do u us like Adobe Illustrator yo make you "cartoon" liek the rock or jsut find pics online.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Visually the working space is the same but it offers some things not found in version 7. The file browser is much more functional as-well.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Another important thing about text is that everytime you create something like what KL did above, you can go to the blending options menu...click the top bar, "styles" and save your "new style" for future use....You can do this with different brush styles you create as well...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
can someone please help me learn how to design a collage (sp?) of sorts.

If you can hel p it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Liek in this pic

[Edited on 9^15^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
And Zedd do u us like Adobe Illustrator yo make you "cartoon" liek the rock or jsut find pics online.

I find all my stuff online. I do tend to modify much of the stuff I use in some way. It just depends.

I don't use Illustrator that much. Usually for print work (which is not often). For me, photoshop deas it all.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is a collage I made for a school project.

I made it using gausian blur and motion blur on the edges of the pictures. In photoshop elements 2.

That is a screenshot from when i was making it. I blurred out my last name for privacy and stuff one of my first photoshops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join