It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some answers for the occupy haters...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Wow thats the best reason to be for this movement.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thanks you for expressing this and I agree CO. I see much good in this thing, and not just a single premise, but numerous. The fact that the movement has no official leader is a strength, imo, enabling the movement to accommodate multiple concerns and grow as needed, rather than be fixed and targetable. Plus a leader would draw criticism that may cause them to withdraw or receive threats.
Yea, the haters that months ago acknowledged problems of greed and cronyism, now lash out at this movement thinking it is a purely liberal effort. Then there are those that disliked any criticism of the tea party, and now they are doing the same for the ows. I understand defending a cause against attacks, but to then turn around and do the same thing is, well kinda cheap, imo, and only keeps the wheel of divisiveness and labeling spinning.

spec

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Your rant left me spellbound.

Have you actually spoken to or heard what the protestors are saying in your area. Exmaine their job, backgroiund, education, knwloedge, political bent, anti-social leanings etc etc and then ask them why thery are there. Wait for a very long time for an intelligent answer. Go the next person and so on and so on. Evetually you might find someone there who does know the real reason they are there, the rest wouldn't have a clue other than it is a way to rebel something.

If you can't see it's pointless and pathetic thn you should go and join them ebcuase you probably belong weith them.

Sorry, but thats how I see it. Meanwhile, I will get on with some real work, earn real money, and do some real good in my country because I keep people employed and money going round. What do you do?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
they should
1. Come up with realistic and workable alternatives to the corrupt system.
2. Maintain a clean envireonment i.e stop urinating / defecating any and everyplace in the area.. Pick up the rubbish - recycle it or properly bin it. Shower proper hygiene prevents outbreaks of disease.
3. Not block access to local homes and businesses.
4. Abide by noise ordinances after a reasonable hour.
5. Put forth their grievances in a polite, civilised and peaceful manner.

But doubt that any of that will occur as its beyond the unwashed , mindless mass to comprehend that theyd accomplish more doing it in a thought out, polite and civilised manner. Thus it will end up as such things always do either total failure or one group of corrupt bastards replacing the old group of corrupt bastards..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
they should
1. Come up with realistic and workable alternatives to the corrupt system.
2. Maintain a clean envireonment i.e stop urinating / defecating any and everyplace in the area.. Pick up the rubbish - recycle it or properly bin it. Shower proper hygiene prevents outbreaks of disease.
3. Not block access to local homes and businesses.
4. Abide by noise ordinances after a reasonable hour.
5. Put forth their grievances in a polite, civilised and peaceful manner.

But doubt that any of that will occur as its beyond the unwashed , mindless mass to comprehend that theyd accomplish more doing it in a thought out, polite and civilised manner. Thus it will end up as such things always do either total failure or one group of corrupt bastards replacing the old group of corrupt bastards..

Lots of exactly rights in this post

First, if you don't have "some idea' of a fix, how can you know something is wrong? It's irritating when people come at you with - "This is messed up and YOU need to fix it.

Next, a little hygiene and sanitation will do a lot more to get people on your side, or at least get them to listen to your issues than making them step through your muck and crud.

However, the biggest issue I've run across, particularly for me is, spokespersons on TV interviews, There is a tendency toward moronic drivel. If you're going to have spokespersons, make sure their IQ is higher than 75, and that they have an idea of a particular goal or series of goals, and can state those goals clearly. Kind of hard to get a majority of folks behind a cartoon character with goober ideas. I'm talking about ideas like the one I heard the other day... It ambled around for five minutes of TV time, and all it ended up being was, "The Government" needs to pay my school tuitions, and needs to govern financial inputs and outputs of private industry....

And I've heard a number of others that kind of rolled around and ended up being goober material or less. Get a fundamental list of ideas to back.

Until then, there's me, and lots of folks like me that aren't haters, aren't stupid, and aren't a lot of the other negative things that OWS, and on think we are. Some of us just aren't terribly excited about wasting time on a pointless exercise. Especially those of us who might have been "Hippy" back 40 or 50 years ago. If you're gonna roll around and not get much done, do it on your own time, and don't get crabby with the rest of us if we choose not to play along or think this is one of those "better" ideas.

edit on 4-11-2011 by sigung86 because: LInguistic incongruities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join