It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help with two images

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm late to the party...

pantha: nice work.

jak: I did the same thing. For all the photoshop guys on here, if you do some unsharp masking of the planes themself -- I used about 176%, 5.8 pixels, and threshold setting 9 (i know those are crude, but they get the job done) -- the one thing you can conclude is that we definitely have only a single fin on the tail. At the start of the thread someone drew a potential second tailfin onto the plane, but the unsharp masked version makes it easy to see that that's not a real tailfin...basically, in the second image you wind up with some "blue bar" artifacts above and below the plane's edges after you apply the unsharp mask to it, and once you see that it's very clear that there's no second tailfin sticking out to the right. Here's my version of the plane from picture 2:

That means we can basically conclude -- which pretty much everyone seems to -- that whatever plane we're looking at is a single-tailfin plane. Other than that I'm not sure -- this version of the picture leaves the underside of the plane really unsymmetric, with the right side apparently much larger and closer to the camera than the left. It certainly looks like the bright part's just an accidental glint on something reflective, but to me it still seems like the plane might have been dropping something -- someone with more knowledge of planes can maybe explain this better than me, but without an explanation I don't feel like I can rule out the "it's dropping a bomb/dropping a missle" claim just yet. Maybe chaff or flares?

Some miscellaneous points: I don't think the moving clouds point to this being photoshopped -- I grew up in areas similar to that one and if you're at elevation the clouds change pretty quick; even on the ground that's not an unlikely amount of change in the sky over the course of fifteen-twenty minutes, so without knowing the backstory behind these pictures it's hard to use the clouds as evidence of photoshopping.

The picture does look photoshopped, however -- the sharp pixelization / not pixelized border is evidence itself -- and it also looks like the color saturation's been cranked up a bit. If the only modification was cleaning up the sky -- maybe to remove some text -- I'd want to buy this guy's digital camera; all the pictures I've taken have come out much flatter/less vibrant than that. So it looks like these pictures have been modified before they arrived at ATS...but how much and in what ways it's hard to tell.

I'm not going to comment on the orbs -- they look silly, and are too easy to insert via photoshop.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's an A-4 Skyhawk with bad photoshopping on the missile.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If it is real and other articles confirm that this has been happening for some time, IE strange lights being seen.
Then it might explain this,

Elmo Johnson�s position was unique�he owned the landing field, was personally responsible for its maintenance, and was a close personal friend of Lt. Foster. Due to his trading post and excellent relations on both sides of the border, Elmo Johnson became a prime source of information on border activity in the Big Bend. He was accredited to the G-2 Army Intelligence Section of the Eighth Corps Area headquartered at Ft. Sam Houston. And Elmo Johnson�with neither rank or authority�provided a quaint civilian dominance over the field's operations.

Taken from www.nps.gov...
Which I find strange if he had no rank or authority.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am all for believing in extraterrestrials but this particular photograph really got to me because I know I could easily duplicate it in photoshop. There is just one last effect I couldnt add to my version of the orb because I created it on top of the original image instead of just making my orb on a seperate layer. I'm no expert but this is the best I could do in about 20 minutes of just messing around. My orb is the one towards the bottom for those who haven't seen the original picture on page 1.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
[edit on 4-9-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The photoshopping is obvious without even zooming in 400%....this picture was made to be a horrible fake for one purpose...to get everyone actively involved in dismissing it...a healthy dose of ignorance denial...which after looking over all these posts I missed out on a couple days ago, it looks like everyone had fun doing it...

So my question is, what's next?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yeah Enron, I love stuff like this. Bring it on!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
found the link www.geocities.com...
we need to find more abuot this

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't think that site you posted has anything to do with the images. How are you linking the two?

[edit on 4-9-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My gut is telling me that the whole thing is a con. I googled the big bend incident and the yahoo site didn't pop up. Plus that website looks like it could have been made anytime.

When you google Big Bend Incident nothing comes up or I missed something.

This whole thing smells like a new game or something, plus I think it's tied in with that cyberstryder kids post.

Just my opinion of course and where did Dr.Jim go?

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Ranger....

Who are you?

And how did you get into RATS with only 5 posts to your name and just a week old membership at ATS. AND you're in the negative.

Five posts does NOT 3500 points make, my dear.

Can you explain this?

Can anyone explain this?

*smells a RAT*

esther.

because its not in RATS anymore

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Ranger....

Who are you?

And how did you get into RATS with only 5 posts to your name and just a week old membership at ATS. AND you're in the negative.

Five posts does NOT 3500 points make, my dear.

Can you explain this?

Can anyone explain this?

*smells a RAT*

esther.

And a bio that says, "It's all just a game."

Well done Esther.

Wonder what those other 4 posts mean?

[edit on 4-9-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This thread was moved out of RATS by SO and into the Aliens&UFO's forum. His posts come after the move.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
This whole thing smells like a new game or something, plus I think it's tied in with that cyberstryder kids post.
Spiderj

I"m not into the games thing, could be. As for the kid, I don't think he's part of anything. I contacted him and he was really freaked. Panicked would be a better word.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yes esther it is interesting.

My best guess is Dr.Jim, Simon, CyberStryder and maybe even Ranger are either all the same person or Simon and someone else testing a new game.

SPiderj

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
One thing I wondered about was, when SkepticOverlord moved this thread out of RATS,was it discussed with Simon first if this is a friend of his , I would have thought that he would have done so first. I think that the time has really come for some sort of statement from someone.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
*feels like a butterfly neatly pinned down in a display case, hearing voices from above*

"ooooh, lookit the leetle purple one.... ain't she purrrrty?"

"yep... and she just tawks and tawks and tawks but don't never really say nuthin'..."

esther, who is paying attention now.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Okay SkepticOverlord convinces DrJim that its okay that RATS is free from spiders and the pics will be safe and then it gets moved to the open forum?????

I convinced DrJim that since we're in RATS, we can directly post the pictures as in-line images in this thread.

What the heck happened all of the sudden that this information is no longer secret??

[edit on 4-9-2004 by BlackJackal]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join