It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help with two images

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So, trying to get all things clear from what we have now...

1. The original photos look fake, but again, look... It seems that there are some more, and the problem with the sky unblurred could be explained by the pic that ranger (was it him?) found with the explosion and the fact that the explosion was willingfully removed from the pic, to avoid panic probably.

2. The scanned secret document corresponds exactly as to what one would expect from a real secret summary of events. The "low" classification (secret) seems, to me at least, surprising given the type of event, but...

3. Those two individuals, Craig and Anne Haskins are apparently the origin of the leak. They also have been contacted according to the document, and their records shouldn't be found anymore also.

4. Tracking of the images should normally be carried out ("quiet scan", ie unofficial covert tracking), according to the document, even though the AFOSI didn't give its authorization. According to D3 in the doc, servers hosting those pics should see their file system destroyed.

5. An action has been started to let the public know that the images are fake. This is exactly the kind of reaction to this type of things, if the event is real. They want the public to believe that nothing such happened.

6. Paragraph E is particularly striking: "...it is believed within L9(?) AFOSI that the general revelation that ongoing engagements with hostile extraterrestrials incursions will cause a level of undesirable response from the general public made aware of events such as this. Containment must be aggressive and complete to avoid situation of public awareness." This suggests that this kind of events is not rare, and is kept highly secret.

So what? We could well be on a real secret affair now... And the reading of this text is quite something to make one wonder...

It would be interesting to know if DrJim knows those people Haskins, and for who, where, they were working (I believe they have probably been dismissed now...). Also, it would be interesting to look for other incidents like this one, particularly then BBI1 to BBI6...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
No everything was there. Indeed, the directory is empty now. Curious at least... But I keep a copy of the original images, and also of the complete rebuild doc... Never know... Thanks a lot for your help esther. Much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hey, I think I noticed something... People, go and have a look in the bottom right corner of the original images, first post... It states "it is all a game"...

LOL

It kept us entertained at least!!

Edit:
I don't know why I had to go back to the first page and look at the pics again, but that's about then that I said to myself "Dam, that's where it should all have started, you stupid!!"

[edit on 5-9-2004 by SpookyVince]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We have all the images that was in DrJims directory but the way the filenames are named it would seem logical that there should be 7 more pics and im guessing that these pics are the original images without the text being blanked out halfway through the doc.

Also DrJim says it would be interesting to see what happened with the other 6 big end incidents so i think we should persue this aswell as we only know of big bend incident 7 (BBI7)

Good sumary spookyvince its hard for me to keep up with all these posts never mind someone whos only just logged on.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
it actually powered off by itself today spontaneously as I was working on this project and i've never had any problems before this thread started... not paranoid... just relaying facts...could be a coincidence...)

Don't get too paranoid remember this is just a game. The images are clearly Photoshopped so the letter must be too. The government has nothing to do with the images or documents. If the documents were real ATS and the administration would not allow them to be posted on this board. We have had real documents that were quickly removed from all forums because of their sensitive nature.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My God!
Its all a game!
I cant beleve no one saw that at the very beginning, at least we all knew it was a game before SpookyVince saw this.
Good find Vince!

Well i dont know if we should carry on trying to unravel this puzzle or does no one wana play anymore?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Typical magicians trick...we were looking where we were supposed to look (upper left) and missed the real trick (lower right)! Great job, SpookyVince!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
No bud the original images didn't say that. They must have been recently changed.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't know... I must admit that I didn't look there at first. Probably like everyone else btw.

But this brings me a few reflexions... How "easy" it is to create a believable hoax, and thus, also, how necessary it is to remain open to all solutions. Though I was at some times keen to think it could be true, there were some things weird, like the low classification, and the hoax like look of the pics, but it is not because it looks fake that it must be fake.

It was worth playing the game anyway!

Edit:
And thank you all for the nice words!

[edit on 5-9-2004 by SpookyVince]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well it cant be Simon or DrJim changing all these images and deleting DrJims files it must be one of the other mods who has access to everything, I think all the mods know about this and they havent posted for ages at least since we last realised it was a game.
SO is definately in this as he didnt answer whether it was a game or no actually none of the mods has confirmed this so they must all be watching the posts and changing stuff when needed.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So if it is all a game then what is the goal?
Have we to find the other 6 fake incidents
Or find the other files?
What is it all about?

link   

link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
SO is definately in this as he didnt answer whether it was a game or no actually none of the mods has confirmed this so they must all be watching the posts and changing stuff when needed.

Absolutely SO knew about this, I'm sure he knows about everything that goes on here at ATS arter all it is his job and he is good at it, nothing gets past the great SO.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Every game has a prize.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Thank you. I was waiting for someone to say that. The one with the explosion did NOT say it was a game.

Also when this thread was started I downloaded the images to study and mark-up, I then reposted thoes images in this thread and they don't say anything about a game.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
LOL and the prizes are?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think the actual game was to find for sure and definitely that it was a game. Maybe they changed the pics, but I don't know.

It was anyway a well scripted and well orchestrated game, or hoax if you prefer. I had fun, and I suppose that all the people involved in creating the game had fun also. They were probably laughing to tears looking at all our posts, knowing that it was all a game...!!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm with SpookyVince, I really enjoy anything to do with the study of images. I was riveted to this thread and had a lot of fun. Thanks Simon and SO.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join