It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street Adopts a Spokes Council

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So it seems OWS is finally attempting to get a bit more organized. Any chance this "council" will help them define a more focused agenda?

OWS Spokes Council details

Also looks like they may be trying to adopt this symbol...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I don't think a spokes council will do them much good other than give them a means of explanation for some of the things that happen at ground level.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This just makes them even more laughable.

A bunch of tools....

The Gang that couldn't Speak Straight....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The only thing OWS is fighting for is to get corporations out of politics and fair taxes. Occupy Wall Street isn't a representation of Occupy Oakland, or Occupy Michigan. Please at least understand that

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Are we to interpret this as the creation of a new decision making group? A power elite if you will?

The proposal was put forth by the Structure Working Group, which was born out of numerous discussions in the GA on the need for a more accountable body for operational decisions around the occupation. The main challenges the Spokes Council aims to address are: effective coordination between Operations Groups and Caucuses; making responsible, accountable and holistic budgetary decisions

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In their attempt to be leaderless I think may of the organizers are beginning to see the disadvantages of having such a loose organization. Without clear leadership a group of this size will end up directionless and end up with too many opposing factions who answer to no one.

On the upside there's no figure head to that'll be made an example of.

The Spokes Council seems to be little more than an open forum for the protesters and supporters - where they'll discuss (and vote on?) the logistics of their organization.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i think OWS will go forward and become massive!
maybe forming a political party?
they have good points...
im not american but know that the federal reserve is breaking the constitution by printing dollars with no way of backing it up (was backed by gold till 1933 and silver till some time in 70s) you can probably go to federal reserve now and exchange it for uhm... another dollar... lmao

if only everyone caught on and it become occupy the world

we need to strip central banks of their powers to charge goverments interest on their own currency
(what is merely printed by them)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Anarchy - eventually even anarchists get tired of it.

Next we'll be hearing about how the coucils are misappropriating funds for coffee runs.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Are we to interpret this as the creation of a new decision making group? A power elite if you will?

Well, the link says this:

Join an Operations Group or Caucus if you would like to participate in the Spokes Council. The Spokes Council will also be open for unaffiliated folks to observe. All are welcome.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wonder how long it will take for those on the "spokes council" feel like they are actually doing a job and deserve compensation for it....and then vote themselves a salary???

They are in charge of budget decisions...right?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Insearchofthetruth1987

No. If they become a political party then our final means of setting America back to the fair uncorrupted country it was is lost.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

IMO they already are a fledgling political party, after all they are striving to change the countries standing policies. If they do get more organized and some charismatic believer seizes this opportunity to lead - they could grow, become stable and be a political force with a voice and some influence.

Otherwise they'll just fizzle and be a small footnote in history. You'll see the "Sexy Wall Street Occupier" costume right next to the "Sexy Hippy" costume at the Halloween store next year...

edit on 11/3/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I heard the other day that the OWS group has an established bank account with over $500,000.00 in it.

And that a firm in Virginia, I think, was offering to help them establish a tax shelter of sometype-non profit maybe. For a 7% fee-of course.

Pssst.. They already are getting paid-by Soros.

You can/could see the ad on Craigs List. I'll see if I can get it. Up to $650.00 a week-if you're a real pain in the butt.
$350.00 is you're just a basic whinner.

Here is a link to one story:
www.theblaze.com...
edit on 11/3/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join