It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Every thread complaining about OWS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Are you an official spokes person for OWS? Do you have any authority over enforcing these claims you are making?

And the facts are that some of the rapes haven't been reported to the police, they have tried to cover them up, and it is disgusting.

Sorry...but you can't wipe that egg from your face so easily.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

You have lost the meaning as it's been drowned out by your political hatred of anything that isn't rich.

The regulatory market was actually loosened to allow these firms to not only get established but to make them work. Corporate tax rates have been used as an excuse time and time again to either cut services or workers and is older then dirt. Corporate taxes ensure that municipalities and Govt has the money it needs to operate.

I'm sorry but no corporation should pay a lower tax rate then a majority of it's workforce. GE only got a tax break that was contingent of them installing Watts Stations throughout the nation so that we'd get the infrastructure in place for the rise of the electric car. They thus far have not issued one darn station and continue to deny funding via it's finance wing that could expand the infrastructure for electrics.

Derivative Bets that are still legal to this day allows the banks to bet against the alternative energy companies and make huge profits when the bets win. They are all winning due to their influence and reach into both Govt and the corporate sector, ie tell a company to go against these and the money tap will never stop. Economic leverage that is employed against company after company to prevent them from going Green is a major and real persistent problem that needed to be solved yesterday!

Banks are also being ordered by The SCUM as to what they can and cannot finance and will never authourize funding the financing of an alternative energy as that goes against one of their chief financial contributors who happen to dominate the energy industry.

Free market concept has failed and continues to fail as it benefits only those who swear their allegiance to The SCUM while leaving the vast majority out in the cold. Free market has become the problem because of plans to privatize things like Social Security, the new high speed rail project, US Postal Service. Imagine for a second that 43 got his wish in 06 and got Social Security privatized, alot of people would be out in the cold. Hell, our currency and monetary system is privatized and look at the mess it has caused and continues to cause. Key elements of the US Federal Government Infrastructure and Overall Architecture is not to be sold out to the highest bidder as it becomes all about profits.

Look at the health insurance industry, private companies being allowed to decide who gets what coverage and who does not. Profits before people is the death of Americanism!

We are not going to ever go back to the policies of prior to The New Deal Act that FDR singed into law EVER!
edit on 4-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Charter Member Occupy Jersey City and go to Zuccotti!

occupyjerseycity.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You want to turn this thread into a debate about rape?

A thread already exists for that, so go fry your eggs elsewhere.
edit on 4-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

His inability to hit back on facts usually means attempts at deflection or diversion. To redirect the convo to suit them.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

You want to turn this thread into a debate about rape?

A thread already exists for that, so go fry your eggs elsewhere.

I turned it into nothing...I was asked if I would feel safe at an OWS rally.

I responded...you responded...I responded back....this is called a conversation.

I understand that you don't want to talk about the ugly side of OWS...but that doesn't make it go away.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Isn't that what OWS supporters do? When they are faced with the issues they present, the usual response is,"We are a group of many voices. . yaddayadda and deflection and obfuscation ensues.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

To answer your q over your personal safety concerns which is a legitimate concern by the way and the answer is yes you will be safe. If anyone assaults you or tries to assault you alert the nearest law enforcement official.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Charter Member Occupy Jersey City and go to Zuccotti!

occupyjerseycity.org...

So are you claiming to be a "leader" of this leaderless movement???

Or are you just one of many that is heavily trying to influence the direction of it?

You're link has a bad certificate...so I couldn't view it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

His inability to hit back on facts usually means attempts at deflection or diversion. To redirect the convo to suit them.

What facts would you like to discuss???

Because it seems like you are trying to deflect the topic of crime happening in your camps.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

To answer your q over your personal safety concerns which is a legitimate concern by the way and the answer is yes you will be safe. If anyone assaults you or tries to assault you alert the nearest law enforcement official.

Er...wouldn't it be better to be in a location where that fear of assault doesn't exist?

Like home?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

www.youtube.com...

Occupy Wall Street protester, Jesse LaGreca being interviewed by Fox that slams News Corp so it's never allowed to air. The mass media only interviews most who don't have a clue in order to keep the public confused. If every media outlet interviewed Mr. LaGreca and aired it uneditied you will see people trust the media.

We are our own media!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, go to an event local to you, mingle, chat, have fun. It is a learning experience for us all.

Typically you and I are at odds over things but do trust my intent and heart is in the right place. Come see it for yourself. No one can speak for you but you, but as a member of The 99% please go to one.

Find your local action here and stop by, have something to eat while you are there as we will not force you to starve while you are there!
www.occupytogether.org...

Hell, if you and I lived closer I'd take you to one myself and order that you are to feel welcomed with open arms!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I turned it into nothing...I was asked if I would feel safe at an OWS rally.

I responded...you responded...I responded back....this is called a conversation.

I understand that you don't want to talk about the ugly side of OWS...but that doesn't make it go away.

Okay then, a rape happened at OWS and you wouldn't want females there, what else do you want to talk about that has not been answered?

If you have something important you think I want to "go away", please enlighten me and everyone else to this insight.

Like I said, there is already a thread for this if you want to beat it into the ground:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
What facts would you like to discuss???

Because it seems like you are trying to deflect the topic of crime happening in your camps.

No one is trying to deflect it, its a fact. Crime happens everywhere not just at an OWS protest, I take it your not outspoken about rape where it doesn't concern OWS or anything else you don't have a fond opinion of.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

www.youtube.com...

Occupy Wall Street protester, Jesse LaGreca being interviewed by Fox that slams News Corp so it's never allowed to air. The mass media only interviews most who don't have a clue in order to keep the public confused. If every media outlet interviewed Mr. LaGreca and aired it uneditied you will see people trust the media.

We are our own media!

Exactly! I've based my opinion on OWS web sites, alone.

And I have to say, it's pretty disappointing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Will you promise to go to just one just to see what's good?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yeah...that's just kind of common sense that people should use regardless of where they are at.

But what is OWS as an organization doing to assure the people are safe? When I go to an event (concert, sporting, etc.)...they have their own security, they check bags and do pat downs to ensure no weapons are brought in...they take steps to ensure that their "guests" are safe.

What is OWS doing?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

No, go to an event local to you, mingle, chat, have fun. It is a learning experience for us all.

Typically you and I are at odds over things but do trust my intent and heart is in the right place. Come see it for yourself. No one can speak for you but you, but as a member of The 99% please go to one.

Find your local action here and stop by, have something to eat while you are there as we will not force you to starve while you are there!
www.occupytogether.org...

Hell, if you and I lived closer I'd take you to one myself and order that you are to feel welcomed with open arms!

As I'm in Germany and with the military, might not be a good idea. Plus, I already know based on what I've read on OWS sites, what the issues are. While corruption is a big deal and should be protested, larger government, larger government control is NOT what I support.

link   

Zuccotti encampment just established it's own internal security force which should've been in place by the end of the first week but the fact it's established and active is a very good sign and the template being designed for this is to be used throughout the world.

This is also loosening tension between us and local pd as we are taking proactive stances to ensure it is safe for all who attend!

link   

reply to post by beezzer

www.youtube.com...

We are our own media!

Holy crap...that interview is a month old...and it is the ONLY example that OWS has of someone not making a complete fool of themselves.

He doesn't even make a great point...he just doesn't look stupid.

I'm sorry...but if you want to convince us the majority aren't stupid...please show us evidence. The evidence I have seen so far shows otherwise...and they aren't videos from the "media"...they are just user videos on youtube.

If you really want to convince me...please....PLEASE....stop using "jazz hands" to vote yes to things.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join