It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Every thread complaining about OWS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Yup.

Sounding more and more like a Secret Society.

And less and less like a "spontaneous uprising".

What the # are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

The ImmaculateD1's claim that it was all set in motion by a secret group of 12, and planned out way ahead of time.

edit on 2011/11/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by nenothtu
Yup.

Sounding more and more like a Secret Society.

And less and less like a "spontaneous uprising".

What the # are you talking about?

These conspiracies are being made up as we go along.

Far be it from me to name call but it appears someone has actually coined a phrase that fits the Tea Party views - which to my thinking is a somewhat skewed perspective, held by a considerably influential but very small minority of wealthy people and ultra right wing conservatives.

Those folks are on a heavily financed mission to change the world as we know it. Many are pawns and speakers for that fairly devious plan or so called taxed enough already "movement."
The Tea Party movement was expressly started so that large corporations and the very rich can get out of paying the same rate of taxes as everyone else...People are not that stupid. OWS is a response by "the people" rejecting that loosely veiled scam.

Here are the paid political pawns starting all the negative press on OWS...here >

www.nationofchange.org...
and here >
blogwood.com...
and here>
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A recent article in The New Yorker revealed that the organization Americans for Prosperity is funded by the billionaire brothers Koch. The organization has provided tee shirts and talking points to Tea Party activists who remain unaware of the wealthy backers of the purportedly grass-roots movement.

The Kochs are arch libertarians. They embrace an Ayn Rand world view, according to which the fact that they inherited a fortune and parleyed it into a larger fortune proves them more worthy than others of status, power and influence.

edit on 5-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Ah no i was the confused one, i thought you was talking to me for some reason, my eyes and brain wernt working to well by the looks of it!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by beezzer

I want stricter regulations on big banks, because the lack of regulations caused the financial collapse

Be specific. How about we reinstate Glass-Steagall.

Unfortunately, just saying "regulations on big banks" makes the partisan ignoramuses rage, but trying to explain Glass-Steagall will make most people's eyes glaze over, and once their eyes glaze over they usually revert to the default opinion that Glass-Steagall is just "complicated big-government stuff," or "Saint Obama gonna save us."

People are just too dim to understand that the financial markets' complexity is labyrinthine.

Of course, even thinking about this subject gets us running in circles.

No regulation means that banks gamble with the entire economy and even little banks will have to do so to stay competitive. Economic collapse destroys the little banks, but the big ones get bailouts, and their executives get taxpayer funded bonuses, because they were such loyal campaign contributors. Reinstating regulations and/or eliminating campaign funding would solve the problem, but the people have absolutely no ability to enact either change. Basically, the people writing the laws are also profiting from them.

The bottom line is that there is no solution. I really hate this subject.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That is a big problem in the US right now, there is no civil discourse when discussing politics, people on the right are guilty of this too. Everyone thinks their point of view is the correct one and everyone else is wrong. As a result, viewpoints stay polarized and very few new ideas are generated.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join