It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condo at the End of the World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If you have time this was a really great read.

www.theverge.com | Condo at the End of the World.

"Survivalists have always got kind of a bad image, as conspiracy theorists, and gun-toting, violent, that kind [of thing]. Preppers is a new term that's coming. We think it's wise to make some preparations. In fact, what's happened with us — this may be more than you want to hear — in our society, we've become so specialized. All I needed to do was teach. I would teach, and as long as I would teach, all of my needs would be cared for." Modern life, he says, has resulted in people that are "so specialized we have lost our own capacity to care for ourselves. And if anything happens, we think the government will come to assist. Well, FEMA is broke, the U.S. government is financially broke, so this is a change time. I think it's very healthy and natural for people to rely more on their own, taking responsibility for themselves and their families. And if the society were to go into more difficult times, whether it's natural disaster or whatever might occur. The more people that are somewhat prepared will soften the blow of that. They can take care of themselves, take care of their families and friends. We think this is good."

I like the re-usage of Silos for these projects however I think the price tag for a tube in a hole is a little out of most people’s range. I think it would be best to get a group of like-minded people and spread the cost around.

They really thought of everything, even a tidal wave covering the silo and how to get out, food production, power ect.

They even reasserted that the US government is planning for something huge to take place (CME/Solar or Soviet black market nukes or industrial contamination) and are preparing as if it was an immediate threat.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That's a great read! S+F for the first thread to catch my interest in a while.

Rev

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Semaphore527

I wish I knew these people. Sucks being on my own.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Well, if it's any consolation that bunker is known to a fair few people.
The construction workers, national geographic and quite a few more folk know it's location...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by Semaphore527

I wish I knew these people. Sucks being on my own.

If/When things get rough, you wont be on your own. Youll have to choose who you want to be with... but you wont be on your own
I think that like in other situations in history... you need skills or goods to be accepted as a member of a group. I figure when this nonsense gets going it will be skills. Have any? If not.. get some.

Im not even talking about some TEOTWAWKI situation.. Im talking ANY situation where for a time things are disrupted. People say it cant happen in this age.. well, IMO this age is when its ripe. If youre in the US check out our new poverty stats and etc.... 1 person in 15 are now "poor" and foodtsamps have risen another 8%.... then check out what Netty over in Israel is playing with and test firing to annoy Iran.
The common saying is that war helps the economy. Well it doesnt apply in this situation. We are so deep in the hole that war will only compound our issues in the US and bring us financially to our knees. us are you and I. .

As for the Silo its been discussed here several times... a good friend of mine on here says he is renting one for his big 2012 party. I of course say.. no I am. You gotta watch out for that guy... he is pretty stingy with his silo idea.

top topics

join