It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars to be Explored by humans ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When I read this article, my first thought was, ok, they say they're training for space missions. But references are given about Mars and the fact that they are exploring deep caves inside the Earth makes me ponder, are they going to be exploring certain Mars caves or even extinct volcano tubes. What will they find when they go down inside the planet Mars ? One has to wonder about this exciting possibility.

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Download the fullsize image of this photo on Mars:

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Go to the top right and look at that hill on the right side. Do you see the cave entrances on the bottom left of that hill?

Is that water on the bottom right of the hill?

Odd Mars picture it is.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The "water" you see isnt water. Its the dark sand and dust just inches below the martian soil. The only water that exists on mars is either ice or gas. Not enough atmospheric pressure to have liquid water.

PS. The "water" does have depth and dimension so its really tough to tell from just one photo. But for cave entrances, i don't see what you speak of.
edit on 3-11-2011 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Caves would be a good place to shelter from the harsh solar radiation present on Mars, for both visitors and locals

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The shadows on the bottom left look like rock shadows to me, and although, at first glance, the blue ripples at the base of the hill looks like it could be water, I think it is just wind ripples in sand.

top topics

join