It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Now Needed in The Gray Area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I must be missing something.

The definition of The Gray Area.

"The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large."

So why this?

How Many Are Alien Here

When the OP provides ATS Staff with evidence that the above statement is true this thread may be re-opened. Until then this thread is closed Sauron Super-Moderator

Even though I may not agree with or believe the OP, he/she can still post subjects like this in the Gray area without needing proof..

I just think it's wrong.
I've seen far worse than this thread in the Gray Area that never got removed.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

i agree with you whole heartedly that there should be some place where people can discuss things that are theoretical or unprovable (personal experiences with no witnesses etc...)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Insearchofthetruth1987

Thanks

This is my point though, The Gray Area is supposed to be just that.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Skunk Works is for theories and conspiracies without any evidence.

The Gray Area is for personal stories. However those stories must fall in line with the T&C, specifically this part:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Terms & Conditions

Stating something like that in the Gray Area is not stating a personal experience, it's making a declarative statement. That member must now prove that what he is saying is true and in accordance with the T&C linked above.

Normal Gray Area threads never have this problem, as the members are encouraged to rely their experiences, questionable or not. We don't expect members to make declarative statements and then not be expected to follow through.

That's my point of view on it anyway.

~Keeper
edit on 11/3/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

This is my point though, The Gray Area is supposed to be just that.

No. I disagree with you. And here is why...

The whole concept of that thread (which you did not quote when quoting the reply from Sauron) was :

I'm Anunnaki.Antu to be exact. Consort to King God An/Anu of Nibiru.

Definition of the Gray Area, as quoted by you :

"The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences.

Emphasis is mine.

Tell me, Tripple_Helix, where do you see a confession, a disclosure or an extraordinary personal experience in "I am Anunnaki.Antu to be exact. Consort to King God An/Anu of Niburu. ???

There is quite a difference between confession, disclosure and extraordinary personal experience versus obvious trolling...

Have you read that thread ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
But not just there!

Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Paranormal Studies: This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

2012: Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies surrounding the year, 2012.

Conspiracy Theorists: This forum is dedicated to the discussion about the ideas, speculations, and theories of popular conspiracy theorists, UFO researchers, and other alternative topics personalities. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com\'s tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Aliens and UFOs: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of our tradition of supporting the examination of the extraterrestrial phenomenon on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals. Replies that make fun or otherwise ridicule and demean those posting honest experiences and/or questions will be removed. Members who post such responses repeatedly will be banned.

This being the case in quite a few fora, perhaps members could more easily slap this card on the table when challenged by other members. Particularly when there is something that is highly questionable, shouldn't some degree of discretion be left to the members to believe or not believe, as they choose? We are all adults here, and we are not responsible for the mental stability (or lack thereof) of our fellow cyber-brethren. We are responsible for ourselves. We can certainly post where we like, but we cannot threaten or belittle. Evidence cannot be had in a great number of issues here and it is simply worthless for a bunch of wannabe skeptics to march through arrogantly declaring that their intelligence will not be satisfied because "pix or it didn't happen. 2nd line".

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

While I understand what you are saying for most cases, there is always the exception.

We are all adults here

I will only refer (once more) to the thread in question here.

The OP claims to be 50 years old and yet finishes most of his replies with a "lol" as most teenagers would do. Which, again, would certainly be a lie and against the T&C.

In any case, I said what I thought about that thread and agree with the decision that was taken regarding it.

Now moving to greener pastures...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
The OP claims to be 50 years old and yet finishes most of his replies with a "lol" as most teenagers would do. Which, again, would certainly be a lie and against the T&C.

Uuum "LOL" is NOT restricted to teenagers. I've known and "LOLed" with hundreds of old people for 16 years now.

The Gray Area is the Comic Section to me - It's the HOAXER's Free-for-All Area. Very rarely do I see anything there that's not a hoax. They should really just go to the writer's area with the fiction stories.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I see where you are coming from but then it should have been moved to skunk works and not closed or asked for proof. The member clearly posted in the Gray area because he had no proof and the Mod who closed it obviously knew that.

So, just move the thread and get on with it.

Thanks for your input.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Shades Of Gray

If someone succeeds in convincing us they are hoaxing, it doesn't matter what forum it's in.

True, forums such as the Gray Area do not have the same evidentiary thresholds found in other forums, and there is plenty in them that could be considered dubious, to put things mildly. But many members sincerely believe things that don't agree with "normal" world views, should be able to discuss them without fear of ridicule, and that's the sort of thing ATS is for.

Trolling, stringing people along and general chain-yanking don't belong in such forums, and we may, at our sole discretion, close or remove threads where we believe that is happening.

If you disagree with any such action, by all means don't hesitate to ALERT or submit a complaint expressing your concerns. We do consider all forms of feedback and, if a convincing case is made, don't at all mind reversing or changing a decision.

We don't, however, generally discuss specific staff actions publicly for a very wide range of very good reasons. The policies of the Gray Area and ATS as a whole have not changed, the decision to close the thread was not unilateral on the part of a single moderator, was exercised in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, and what happens next is ultimately up to the author of the thread to work out with us.

Because that is not a matter for public debate, this thread is now closed.

top topics

join