It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you allow President Obama to enter your home ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Just wondering....
Let's say Obama wanted another "Joe the Plumber" moment, and randomly came knocking at your front door.
Would you invite him in for a chat, maybe some coffee or tea ?
Myself ? I would tell him "I don't allow Communists and Traitors in my house" "Get off my property or I'll call the law"
Interested if any other ATS'ers feel the same.
Or would it be a better to let him in and berate him up one side and down the other ?
Noro

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i'd let him in but pretend i have no idea who he is and demand he help me find my missing cat.
then i'd ask him what the hell he's doing in wales.
but your idea is great too.
edit on 3/11/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

Heck yea. I'd love for him to come and see me. I'd even buy the beer.

But will he actually listen to what I have to say? That is the true question, ain't it?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I just would not answer the door. I like to be notified...before a person drops by to see me....after all I may be busy with something or someone else.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i'd let him in but pretend i have no idea who he is and demand he help me find my missing cat.
then i'd ask him what the hell he's doing in wales.
but your idea is great too.
edit on 3/11/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

Now that's hilarious.

Post of the day!

link   
you know...i would answer this question honestly but then i would end up on "the list" for what i would have to say would go on once he's in my home. so...i'm just gonna decline and tell him i don't like jehovah's witnesses and please take your watchtower magazine back sir thank you.

link   
Hell ya I would. I make some meatloaf just for the occasion. My meatloaf is Fabulous~

I hope he enjoys it.

link   
I'll play along.

I would let him in. For however long he would talk to me in this hypothetical situation, I would enjoy the human connection of talking to someone despite what they represent, or who they are. We're all humans, we all have a story, wants and needs.

So to play along with this theory, I would let him in and talk to him. Because I'm not biased. Curious better describes me.

link   
If he came in peace, and wanted to have a friendly chat, I would gladly speak with him in a cordial and friendly manner.

I may not support someone's policies or may not agree with their ideas or opinions, but I will always be willing to befriend any person who gives me the same chance.

I would let Kissinger in my house even, and I would have a lot of questions and issues worthy of discussing with anyone like that.

Even though these people do not give me a place at their table, I would be willing to give them a place at my table.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

i bet he would want to talk about his jobs program...and cutting spending.

link   
I do not allow solicitors or trespassers.

But if he wants to mow my lawn, I will allow him in the tool shed and provide one half hour break for every 4 hours of work.

link   
Sure I would!
We could talk about the choices he already made, the choices he will make and what I think about it etc etc.

Maybe speaking with a common folk would change his mind on a lot of things, most presidents have been around rich people all their lives. Most of which are out of touch with real life values.

I'm not a big fan of Obama and he's not a communist lol
Still amazes me that after more then full generation of anti-communism propaganda, people still hate, do not fully understand and are afraid. The plain old communist idea is long dead and like any idea, it had it's good and bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sure, I'd let him in.
If he REALLY needed to poop !

link   
Of course not. If invited to the White House I wouldn't go either. No hand shaking with people you'd like to bitch slap. That's the rule if you wanna stay outta trouble. You wouldn't find a picture of me with any president in my lifetime I guess.

A Joe the plumber incident would be in the street though, during an election. That, you can count me in for...but no touching.

link   
reply to post by caladonea

Well you could answer the door wrapped in a towel.

"I'm sorry, I was about to take a shower, but you are more than welcome to wait in the living room. Or would you care to join me?"

Now that would be a photo op!

link   
I'd answer the door wearing nothing but an open robe. Even if it were the middle of the day.

Then I'd invite him in, offer a glass of Tang and begin telling him about Jehova.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I have no reason to allow him into my home. I have nothing nice to say to him and would not be impressed by his presence.

I would try to have him arrested if he tried to enter, but I doubt the cops would take my side.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I would not allow him in. Reasons:
1. You can not appeal to him intellectually , he is set in his ways of ideology.
2. You can not appeal to him emotionally, as psychopaths have no empathy.
3. It's not wise to invite evil into your home.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would let him in,it's the president.Like him or hate him it would be a once in a life time opportunity.once he is in I would hit him up for money though.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Are you kidding!?! I would have him and his lovely family for dinner at a moment's notice! I absolutely would love to have a few hours with his undivided attention! I think it would be cooler than the other side of the pillow!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join