It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEar Death Experience? It's all in your head son.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I hate to say it but some really good insight and discussion are going to be taken down from this thread because of the taboo of a certain brain chemical. I find utterly ignorant of this sight for banning all post regarding a certain serotonin analogous. Talking about personal use in illicit activities is one thing. But simply talking about it from a scientific standpoint shouldnt be ban. If were gonna go that way than dopamine melatonin serotonin and all the other chemicals your brain uses to functionshould be ban to. When did brain chemistry become so bad??? whats next we re not gonna be able to talk about particle physics?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by WiZKiD111

You definitely have not had a Psychedelic trip before or had a spiritual experience; I gather that from re-reading your post.

Definitely huh? So, now you're the world authority on knowing exactly what kinds of recreation I did and didn't participate from the ages of 14 - 22?
Alright then.

You might want to take notice of the T & C rules regarding talking about recreational chemical intake.
I will thus not discuss any personal experiences on that front.

Whatever the case. Chemical substances will mess you and your brain up, some, in rather particular ways to rather particular predictable effect.
It's not the spirit, or any other kind of spooky hoodoo. It's the chemical substance making the brain go haywire.

How hard is that to understand?

It's quiet obvious.
Nobody has an opinion like that after taking a Psychedelic, unless of course something terrifying happened which is due to themselves not being educated enough on the substances.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Your ringing the bell before it happens!

I do agree, there are some really crappy things this site does to shut down very intellectual conversations about these things. That's kinda why I have negative 2000 points. (I get very mad at the mods when they do that and curse at them, not smart i know)

I hope this is one of those threads that doesn't get the ban hammer but we'll see.

'___' is a very fascinating drug, natural and man-made. Most of the studies were done here in New Mexico at our university. Just like the site says, deny ignorance. Study the drug and learn about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wait, hold on, let me get this right.
Talking about Dimethyltryptamine is a bannable offence?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Right. Well, you keep on believing what you want to believe.

you get banned for talking about drugs and drug usage around here.

Try not to trip over the colors or feel the words too much man, dude, bro, man, dude.

edit on 3-11-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If we talk about using it then yes.

In a sarcastic tone, I want to say that even mentioning it or thinking it will get it banned.

Let's talk about it's scientific qualities before it all derails to ban hammer hell.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Well, in this context, have you ever had a spiritual experience?

link   
yes but pls lets stick to the OP and not have this turn into another post with a bunch of good info that eventually gets taken down its still a really interesting subject even without a major component of it nondiscussable.
edit on 3-11-2011 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

link   

Right. Well, you keep on believing what you want to believe.

Try not to trip over the colors or feel the words too much man, dude, bro, man, dude.

It's a shame there is a stigma built up around those who take them.
Believe me, there is so much more to 'tripping' then your stereotypical hippy.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
no no no it's derailing already!!!!

topic at hand peeps!!!

don't bicker with mockings of us who have tried stuff...

Spiritual, out of body experiences, that's what we were talking about
edit on 3-11-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Like I said please dont discuss this here there are a plethora of other forums it can be but its not here. This whole threads probably gonna get removed

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

edit on 3-11-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

Thanks will do. Try not to live a life a prejudice hate closed mindedness and an overwhelming sense that your better than every one.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
aaaaannnnnnnddddd the thread is done.

For once I wish we could get somewhere.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
aaaaannnnnnnddddd the thread is done.

For once I wish we could get somewhere.

What has been discussed that would possibly tempt a moderator/administrator to delete/lock and ban/infract anybody?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
nothing really but it started talking about out of body experiences, and then I mentioned '___' because it's connected to these kinds of things, OP mocks the use of drugs, the conversation derails, you even said it yourself.

"It's a shame there is a stigma built up around those who take them."

The thread is at a standstill because it's going to go nowhere. I thought we were going to talk further into what this is all about.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
nothing really but it started talking about out of body experiences, and then I mentioned '___' because it's connected to these kinds of things, OP mocks the use of drugs, the conversation derails, you even said it yourself.

"It's a shame there is a stigma built up around those who take them."

The thread is at a standstill because it's going to go nowhere. I thought we were going to talk further into what this is all about.

What is there to talk about?, I do not understand?
OBE's are a very real thing that have been experience by everybody regardless if you 'remember' them or not.
edit on 3-11-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just a few months ago, I read "The Spirit Molecule" about the '___' studies done in NM, and while I found it fascinating, I personally didn't think that a lot of the experiences sounded much like an NDE. An OBE, yes, but not an NDE. The study anecdotes seemed to be all over the map compared to NDEs. Not to say that the drug doesn't elicit true OBEs, I'll never personally know, but I just felt like it was trying to draw a connection where there isn't one.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I really don't get those that deny any sort of spiritual experience. The world is not simply materialistic. Oustside substances or no, people all across the globe have had these types of experiences, OBE etc... The study admitedly proves nothing other than the ability to mirror what has been seen/felt. I use the word mirror because who is to say that the experience from the study was in fact the same as an NDE? I've certainly had things that I simply cannot explain in words, it's just something you would have to feel to understand. I've done so by inducing them with an outside source and I've had them without anything what so ever in my system, my first time was actually before any type of chemical experimentation. The spirit is real, call it conciousness, call it energy source or whatever you like but it is real. Religion aside, we are comprised of energy, that energy is concious and when our physical self dies the energy continues.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Grandpa passed away from heart attack and was angry for weeks, months, the rest of his life that they brought him back. He said it was indescribably peaceful.
-------------------------

But following accounts substantiate the article; so, for those who prefer to close their eyes to the truth, skip the rest of my post.

Had an angiogram/arteriogram and was "no longer with us" for 45 minutes according to the doctors. They poked things they should not have poked and went for all 4 caratoid and vetebral arteries.

Tunnel, lots of lights, being pulled down through the white light tunnel very fast then THOUGHT "I'm going the wrong way." Then I saw it was "relative" (yes, as in theory of relativity) and switched to rising at hyperspeed. Fireworks of stars when I finally opened my eyes.

That's probably the '___' released in the brain of that article. The stars afterwards reminded me of one of those childhood stunts where you make yourself pass out on purpose with the help of a buddy, some fast breathing, mints and a menthol cigarette.
My Mother attended dying patients for several decades. Always telling us about how they saw deceased loved ones before they passed away. When she attended her sister's (my favorite Auntie's) deathbed, my Aunt spoke of seeing her deceased husband ... BUT! Auntie ALSO saw her grown children and other relatives who were very much alive at the time.

So, how many of those 'ghosts' that her patients saw were living relatives to?
At 14, I had an experience ... ; but, I can say that I had an extreme OBE and saw the rooftop up close (one inch closeup) and memorized the 'scene' in detail. The next day, I got a ladder - it wouldn't reach. So, I climbed a tree and checked the rooftop and the composition of the roof was NOT the same, the colour was different, and the 3 bent soda pop caps were NOT there.

That same experience I had the walking dead experience mentioned in the article. I went downstairs and announced to my Father that I was dead. I believed I was dead. TADA! Here I am. Good to be wrong sometimes.

So, NDE and OBE aren't always all that they are cracked up to be; but, the body chemistry is certainly amazing.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Some have already mentioned the fact that some NDE's occur after the brain has "died." Of course some say these happen "before" the brain dies. What about the stories of people who's brain has shutdown, and they have OBE's and remember certain conversations and the whole scene, later to be confirmed by doctors that at the time of the conversation or words exchanged the brain was dead? Or one of my favorite stories was of a man who was dead for 2- 6 days (can't remember exactly), only to wake up on the autopsy table saying how the "light" sent him back? There are many stories of people who have experienced things such as that, and their brain is totally dead for hours, and in some fascinating cases days, yet they still have experiences. This type of research, along with many other types of research points towards some form of afterlife. To put it this way, if we have a "soul" which is energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change from one form to another, then that sums it up right there. The main wall however is the arguement over the "soul."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join