It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain On Alert For New Superflu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Britain On Alert For New Superflu

www.express.co.uk

The alert comes after people started to fall victim to seasonal flu and the more virulent swine flu at the same time.

Such a rare incidence creates the risk of a lethal mutation, leading to an “ominous” super-flu virus for which humans have almost no immunity, said medical scientists.

Dr Peter Hotez, a world-renowned infectious disease expert, warned: “Highly infectious strains of the virus against which humans have little defence can spread from one continent to another within 24 hours.” He said the fact scientists had detected the rare double-flu infection highlighted the need
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well either this is happening or its gonna happen or it is a potential danger|!!

I was just thinking last week that with so many different people now in Britain and the way it is so crowded here that it wouldn't take long for a virus to spread and this possible combination of both Flu's together could be lethal!!

750k to 1mil could die as there won't be an Anti-Virus for the new Super-Bug!!

So, what do you ot think? Propoganda or definately going to happen?

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I noticed that there is another thread this morning about a "What If" scenario dealing with regular influenza combining with bird flu. That OP is getting flamed for posting a Daily Mail article that deals with a "Future Possible" scenario.

People need to see this thread and what you have posted. Apparently, this is no "What If", this is a current event. I hope more pay attention to your thread!

ETA: I see that this article has almost the same slant to it. They scare the reader

The killer virus alert comes after flu surveillance experts in Cambodia confirmed the unusual incidence of people being infected with seasonal flu and pandemic swine flu at the same time. The worst-case scenario for many disease experts is that bird flu and a human flu strain combine to create a lethal new virus that is easily ­transmitted among people. So far, the bird flu virus has shown very limited ability to pass from human to human. But it is thought to be only a ­matter of time until someone already infected with a strain like swine flu is also hit with bird flu. The fear is that it will then mutate into a super-flu that could wipe out millions of people and spread across the globe within weeks.

then add the relevant paragraph:

According to a report today in the American Journal of Tropical ­Medicine and Hygiene, the people with double infections in Cambodia recovered and the two flu strains did not combine into a new virus.

WHY WHY WHY???!!!

edit on 11/3/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I had that Superflu/swineflu thing a couple of years back during the big scare.

Now I'm a big rugby playing, beer drinking guy and I tell you it kicked the Sh1t out of me for 2 weeks. Every part of my body ached and I was as weak as a kitten. Hopefully my scrape with the last superflu will put me good stead with the next one.

Here's hoping

Rock Ape

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Good catch! S&F&

.....Asia is reporting double infections with H5N1 bird flu and H1N1 swine flu. Hold your breath.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

You obviously didn't bother reading the article.

You mught have had swineflu. You did not have this superflu they are talking about. Its only evolving.

Anyway, its more BS.

We were all supposed to die if we didn't get the shots for the swineflu.

Now we are all gonna die from this new superflu.

Like we give a sh1t.

There way things are going , I am not too sure many people would be bothered if everyone starts dropping dead.

Watch this get a bit more publicity over the next couple of weeks, Then notice every second ad on the tv is for a cold/flu remedy.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This IS the same story as the other thread www.abovetopsecret.com... www.express.co.uk...

A NEW strain of killer flu which could spread to ­Britain within 24 hours is “one of the biggest biological threats of our time”, experts warned.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

A new deadly strain of super-flu could spread to Britain within 24 hours, experts have warned.

The potential for bird flu and human flu to combine and form a new virus has been described as 'one of the biggest biological threats of our time'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
And its a complete BS scare story.
edit on 3-11-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Between 30 - 70 thousand people DIE every YEAR in the UK due to cold temperatures and cold related issues.

MANY times more than will be affected by a seasonal or 'super flu' virus.

Have you forgotten the big pharma marketing ploy of 'swine flu' already? The talk of forced vaccinations, including pregnant women, babies and those with diminished immune systems?

How many died as a result, despite only a relative few receiving the wares peddled by B. Pharma?

A relative handful...not the multi-millions suffocating in their own blood according to the scaremongering rumours being spread around the net and media to drum up panicked business.

And here we are again, a very profitable time of year for the cynical gits in big Pharma - Winter, the traditional colds and flu season....in a heavy recession.

And here we are again, with the scaremongering propaganda machine again in full swing, and again spouting the same scare stories of a 'super-flu' that may kill many millions of people.

What a surprise.

Relax, take normal precautions against infection, wash hands in alcohol gel, don't touch your face after touching other objects other people may touch, such as door handles, telephones, road crossing light buttons, parking meters, credit card pin keypads, shopping supermarket trolley or basket handles, and so on.

If someone is coughing or sneezing their guts out in front of you, remember the virus is in the tiny droplets that linger in the air up to 15 feet around that person, turn around and go in another direction to avoid breathing in the virus laden mist.

There's lots that can be done to avoid catching any type of virus, common sense is the best though, not an expensive syringe full of junk in the arm or up the nose.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The ever-cynical side of me wants to say this is one of those establishment initiatives that translate to .... "So... you people in Europe were not stressed out enough... here's something for you to worry about!"

The medical community, continuously dependent on the perceived urgency of their needs, forgot to mention that it is no more likely that this "superflu" will evolve as it is that it wont.

A lot of things could happen in this regard, they always could, they always will. But announcing the threat as a conflagration of viral outbreaks is a bit on the flamboyant side. Especially considering the incredible amount of over-hyping and push the medical and pharmaceutical industries, along with their government and media mouthpieces made out of the H1N1 virus that so conveniently generated billions for them.

Here in the states they are backing off the "keep 'em scared" tactics for a while, perhaps all the protests have them reassessing the results in terms of what it might cost them. The most daring scare-tactic we are subject to recently is the national alert test being launched nationwide.

But in Europe, with your independent and alleged "sovereign" state members, this is not feasible. So instead you get a reworked fear-fest of "we're all gonna die" with the prefabricated "solution" in the hands of a well prepared pharmaceutical industry.... with whom most of your leaders have some form of stake-holding relationship no doubt.

This new Superflu is a theory.

((Unless of course, they have already 'made' one - but that would be a ludicrous assertion, no?))
edit on 3-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Seriously you guys make me laugh sometimes... always saying these stories are BS and here just to scare us all

Hmmm.... i dont know what to believe anymore.... i guess i'll just wait and see what this winter brings.

What do you think about wearing 'surgical masks' .... just in case....

BTW Contagion is a good Film if you havn;'t seen it already.

I HAVE READ ALL THE REPLIES BUT I DON'T THINK I NEED TO REPLY TO ALL OF THEM.
edit on 3-11-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by tarifa37

Seriously you guys make me laugh sometimes... always saying these stories are BS and here just to scare us all

Hmmm.... i dont know what to believe anymore.... i guess i'll just wait and see what this winter brings.

What do you think about wearing 'surgical masks' .... just in case....

BTW Contagion is a good Film if you havn;'t seen it already.

I HAVE READ ALL THE REPLIES BUT I DON'T THINK I NEED TO REPLY TO ALL OF THEM.
edit on 3-11-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

I'm not an expert however I'm sure I read that surgical masks are a waste of time because they get wet from your breath so unless you change them every 10 mins you will still get the virus as it spreads through your breath soaked mask. They do help to stop other people being infected if you are, because if you sneeze it will be contained in your mask (nice) This is why some Japanese people wear them when they have a cold to help stop the spread of the virus as a sign of politeness.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Didn't that contagion movie just come out too.
Awesome, it would be alot cooler if the superflu turned people into zombies...
I hope they come out with that one next..
.If superflu and h5n1 and h1n1 mix with rabies...
OmG the next bilogical threat...

Snot nosed zombies....ftw haha

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Haven't we heard this one before?
So who has this amazing vaccine that will change the course of history? Follow that yellow brick road and you'll see why this is a money making scheme.

The 'news' article (sorry, the Express isn't high-brow) makes it sound like the 600 people who died was a massive number. More people die from food poisoning.

Look at the real numbers of how many die each year from regular old influenza, then check on the stats for H1N1 etc. Very different levels.

If I hear the word, "Tamiflu" once, I swear I will scream!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So the UK is awaiting a super flu and we Germans don't?

After the ruckus about the swine flu German officials had to explain the exaggerations, which cost a lot of money, because of all those useless vaccines, which were bought for nothing.

So maybe they are silent now, because they don't want to be responsible for another wave like that.

Of course, this does not stop a fearful person to think the danger is real.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
With the greatest respect to OP and others, if I want to find out what is NOT going to happen, I read the daily Express. Sorry. But they are ALWAYS full of bumble bee poo!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Will this superflu arrive before or after the -20c Siberian Freeze, that the Express has been continually predicting for the past 6 weeks, arrives?

(I'm surprised the Express hasn't blamed Batboy yet - although maybe they think he's actually real and therefore unsuited to their made up scare stories)
edit on 3-11-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There comes the "seasonal scaremongering after the swine and flu season shots are not getting enough attention from the public", all those vaccines all that pharma money needs to be pushed, we all going to die this season if we don't get the shot.

Guess what people I will take my chances and if I die well Nice to have know you all

BTW we just got a dysentery outbreak here in my neck of the wood (GA) during Halloween and entire county school system was shut down for two days and over 260 infected, still Halloween got going as schedule and now we are waiting so see how is going to spread as you can have the virus for a week in your body and infect everything around you before symptoms.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And so it all starts. Actually I was expecting this alot sooner.

As someone has posted before this is an IF situation not an IS situation.

If we had this -20 mini ice age would it kill off all the bugs (or is that just a myth) cos you can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
And so it all starts. Actually I was expecting this alot sooner.

As someone has posted before this is an IF situation not an IS situation.

If we had this -20 mini ice age would it kill off all the bugs (or is that just a myth) cos you can't have it both ways.

I don't it will kill off the bugs as they will just freeze and when the Ice melts will still be around.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's from the Daily Express, the Junior version of the Daily Fail, both can be found in the fiction section of the library, all editorial from these publications are to be taken with a pinch of salt :-)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join