It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 16th - "Positivity Day"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I am orchestrating a day for positivity on November 16th. I decided to do this after I heard that in 1993 a group of 4,000 people meditated for the world or something to that effect, causing crime rates to drop globally. I would love to see this happen again, my ultimate goal is to have a "positivity day" every 16th on the month. If you wish to be positive on other days thats perfectly acceptable.

I would imagine that with all the protests and whatnot that people would be keen on this idea, but alas, after posting on a few places I received much bashing and hate in general. So far there are about 4 or 5 people other than me participating.

The Over-All Goal: To ease in a new "age of enlightenment" and to usher out hate, violence, and war. I'm not waiting for some cosmic alignment to try and better society. I'll try every month, and every day.

The Method: Think and act only positively, no negative thoughts or actions whatsoever. This should help ripple happiness and kind across the people you interact with.

Since I've received a lot of bitter remarks over this, if you do not agree or do not wish to participate please don't waste your time replying with any "duh u so stupid" comments.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

I'm in for that, for the most part I am positive on a daily basis and coordinating this as a "group" would be even more interesting.

Beam me up Scotty!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I will participate!

Ignore the hate. Turn a negative into a positive. Who cares about those naysayers.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I try to be positive daily as well, I really wanted to unite everyone though this though, to help put emphasis on it and help it reach more people. Thank you for the support!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Thank you as well! Everything can definitely be turned into a positive.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Yeah my birthday! So yes I will be positive (if I don't remind myself of how old I turn that day). Got the day off work on November 16th too - so that is positive already. I will be an active member of your project.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Thank you and happy early birthday! Hope you have a fun celebration!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
Yeah my birthday! So yes I will be positive (if I don't remind myself of how old I turn that day). Got the day off work on November 16th too - so that is positive already. I will be an active member of your project.

it will be my birthday as well so most positive already but i as well will be taking part in the project
OP is there a time we should start doing this at

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

From November 16th 12:00 a.m. to November 16th 11:59 p.m., several people have made a point about starting at GMT though so I guess we can do that.

I also made a facebook page for those of you who want to join.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Count me in, the world definetely needs more positivity

I always like to go one step further and do the "do one random act of niceness per day." Of course this must be for no other reason other than you can, no fishing... So far it seems to work quite well, and is a very nice boost to your own happiness in general.

Definetely way too much doom and gloom around right now, would be nice to take a dozen steps in the right direction

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Agreed! Making other people happy, and seeing them smile makes me feel wonderful on the inside.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Everyday. Positive day.

new topics

top topics

join