It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2001 Theater attack and todays school attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A military response doesn't seem likely to succeed, though I hope they're exploring all those possibilities. The terrorists have enough experience now - they likely wear gas masks in shifts, so that trick won't work again.

I'm hoping the Russians are negotiating peacefully, nicely, and privately with them. And bringing little gifts like photos of several hundred thousand Soviet soldiers rolling into Chechnya, videos of the Tu-95 bombers being loaded with presents, and phone calls from the leaders and families of known terrorists as they have tea with their Spetznaz hosts.

Russia used to have such a deadly reputation that immediately after any kind of event against Russians, terrorist groups were tripping over themselves to yell how it wasn't them. Russian retribution was very much feared, and rightly so. This one isn't going to end well; I hope Mr. Putin begins planning how to prevent the next one. My prayers are with those poor hostages.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
All I know is If Any Russians are hurt or killed, children or adults then the Chechens should be paid back ten times over. Like I said before: Your children or theirs......?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join