It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Cent joins as banks crash...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I thought 50 cent would have been part of the 1%?
But as it seems I follow him on facebook, his recent messages on there seem to be about banks, corruption etc.

I dont know how to link but just look up 50 cent on facebook and you'll see it there.

2 status updates which are:

1 "How #ed up that we have evidence that the big Banks have been corrupt, yet our governments aren’t punishing those that have stolen from the pension funds.

Our Politicians are puppets for whoever pays them into office. That’s how #ed our system is. Their broken promises for change cant happen especially when the system is corrupt

And children who need a meal go without because our politicians won’t stop thinking of themselves long enough or how to win the next election, too look around them and see how bad it is.

You aren't helping Mr politician, things are getting worse here in the US, in Europe, Africa everywhere!

Im #n angry that Children are dying everyday.

There’s hard working people out there who do give a #.

Problem is those with the power – government and big business, want this system to keep going. Its suits them

I don’t want to do business with these #ers anymore. Do you?

if a company isn't giving back, stop buying from them. Buy a pair of shoes from TOMS (who give another pair to someone in need), look for companies that aren't paying lip service to community / charity

we are more powerful than the big business and politicians realize......we have the power to stop buying their products, banking with them.

your dollar, that you worked hard for, does have power.

together we can say – WAKE UP A-HOLES! The game is over.

- want to shout out to Occupy Wall Street groups around the world. You are waking up the world, including me. Please keep up the peaceful protest, you are making a difference"

And the second;

2 "whoever hacked in and shut down my Street King page because I support peaceful protest.....# you, you aint going to shut me up!

OWS isnt just a bunch of #n hippies, these are concerned mothers, teachers, students, unemployed, even business people wanting the system to get fixed.
They want a just world, a fair world....they aint against people making money, they are against corruption.
They aint burning cars, fighting police – these people are doing Martin Luther King style, Nelson Mandela style
I'm not anti-business, I'm pro-business. I'm all fr making money but we need to give back. We need to care about one another.
The world is #n crazy that we allow 29,000 children a day die. For those of you that don't have voices, well I'm going to help you have a voice"

His street king page is about getting food to starving children around the globe just incase you didnt know

So whats your views on this??

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

My view on this?

.......all I can say is that I suddenly have a Hell of a lot more respect for 50 Cent!

He laid it all out as clearly as I've heard anyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This 50 cent?????

Hahahahaha.
He just wants to sell more albums
edit on 3-11-2011 by Azador because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2011 by Azador because: Trying to get utube link 2 work

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Agreed. I have never really liked his rap much, but wow. Good to see he has a heart under all that body armor.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I don't know too much about 50s charitable work. So what I want to know is if this means that he's been helping out others for as long as he's been making millions? It would be nice to be optimistic and everything about this but we can't forget that these companies and celebrities that are coming out nowadays were all pretty comfortable with the way things were and most are only speaking out now because it's "in" or saving their own behinds?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Looks like under all the bravado he actually does do a lot of good. This has definetly changed my view on him somewhat, but I cant forgive the things he advocates in his actual raps.

50 Cent's Good Deeds
edit on 3-11-2011 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Living proof that the rap market is all about pretense...
half of the people out there who write those lyrics are just playing the crowd and trying to sell records.

I wish, I honestly wish that people would reflect who they really are in their music - because if a guy like 50c could actually convey THAT message...?
well, he might inspire something positive...
rather than kids running around calling women bitches and hoes all the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I stopped listening to 50 a while back, but when I seen this on facebook I instantly thought, is this the new 50 were about to see?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Isn't it common knowledge by now that Obama is going to hijack these OWS protests and use it for his 2012 election campaign? 50 cent is a big Obama supporter by the way.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Ok. He may not be a bank or corporation but he is a big player in the system.

The guy was CNBCsqawkbox a week or so ago for some shameless promoting of his vitamin drinks.

Vitamin drinks
Clothing Line
Books
Movies
Video games
Other endorsements
Film Production Company
Financial and real estate portfolio
Looking into Platanium and dietary supplements.
www.businessinsider.com...#

He made 100million alone from a shrewd move with vitamin water.

I'm not sure the ows movement would be of the same mindset as Fiddy. He is a player.

edit on 3-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Lol i dont 50 cents be part of the one percent. Its nice to see this snowballing and getting support from celebs too.
:-)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You guys didn't watch the video aren't you?
The guy who got rich or die trying. or if you prefer, get in the 1% or die trying.
Do you seriously think he can formulate an argument by its own. Look at him, look at his eyes, it is empty pffft, like, like beyond pluto. I d love to play Hold 'em against him.

For those who think 50 cent is legit

For those who smell the occuposer

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Don't be suprised when a statement comes out that states: My account was hacked, these posts where not put there by me. Sorry for this mis-understanding.

Did he forget that his millions are IN a bank?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by JohnySeagull

Meh, I dont think the fact that he promotes his products says anything about him. I mean if you want to make money you have to promote. Its just like people who question the motives of someone who is for instance, in the self help circuit. Do they really want people to improve their lives? Or are they in it for the buck?

Given his background and some of the groups that benefit from his charity I think he genuinely cares about this. I could also throw in that he was poor and made it rich....but so did Will Smith and he wrote a friendly letter of not really to them so...meh. I like it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just because 50 cent promotes his stuff and makes money you think hes "in on it"? Everyone no matter who you are, if you had the chance at making millions from rapping, making games, films etc you would jump at the chance!
How about we give him some time and see what comes of this?
Dont hate just because your jealous, not everyone who is rich and successful are corrupt.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I thought ghetto musicians only cared about their Bentleys?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think a significant number of the upper-class citizens are actually in favor of the OWS movement, not because of the principles, but because of greed. Keep in mind that those who cashed in on the fraud and corruption hit the pocketbooks of not only the lower and middle classes, but also the upper-class. Greedy rich people don't like to see any money disappear. (Think Uncle Scrooge).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Not truly part of the 1%.. but for all intents and purposes, yeah he'd be part of that category to most of us. (same situation as Michael Moore)

Doesn't matter. I'd say that more power to him, because the the money he has he can hurt the banks way more than thousands of us could.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenWoodsYcc
I thought 50 cent would have been part of the 1%?
But as it seems I follow him on facebook, his recent messages on there seem to be about banks, corruption etc.

This is a perfect example as too why most that are against the movement do not understand the scope of how much money and power the 1% have. No celebrity, rock star, movie star rap star on and on etc. has anywhere near the money ans power the 1% have.

The majority of OWS understands this and has nothing against people that have huge sums of riches. What they do have a problem with are the 1% that controls the entire game.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
From what I have read and seen in pictures the movement is composed mostly of white people...... Young black people might be influenced by what $.50 is saying on Facebook and also become involved in the movement.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join