It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israel Warns Syria on Deadly Bus Blasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Isreal has placed the blame for the bomb attacks at the feet of Syria feet today. Isreal stated that becuase the Hamas leadership is residing in Syria, it hinted that it may retalate by striking at Syria.

story.news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM - Israeli leaders warned Syria on Wednesday that it bears the blame for a double suicide bombing by Hamas militants because it harbors the group's leadership, and they hinted at possible retaliation.

In a first response to Tuesday's attack that killed 16 people in a southern Israeli city, Israeli troops blew up the home of one of the bombers and isolated the West Bank city of Hebron, where the attackers lived. However, Israel was looking farther afield to assign the blame.

"The fact that Hamas is operating from Syria will not grant it immunity," Raanan Gissin, an adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites), told The Associated Press.

The overall leader of Hamas, Khaled Mashaal, and his deputies are based in Syria. Earlier this year Israel assassinated Hamas' founder and his successor in Gaza, throwing the militant Islamic group into temporary disarray. But major decisions are made by Mashaal, not by Hamas leaders in Gaza.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While Isreal has the right to defend itself, this may be the straw that breaks the Arab worlds back. If they launch an incursion into SYria or attack the country, it may unlease a level of violence that we have only imagined. Isreal is doing nothing I repeat NOTHING to help stabalize the situation in the ME. First the talk about bombing Iran, now attacks into Syria? Whats next?

[edit on 1-9-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 9-1-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Geez... by the end of the year everyone is gonna be fighting a war.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How many countries do they want to go to war with?
They were bombing targets in the Israel/Lebanon border in August and numerous violations of airspace.
I've heard they were violating Jordan's airspace.
There were talks about bombing a Nuclear plant in Iran.
Now they want to attack targets in Syria?

Doesn't seem like a smart move considering how angry Muslims have been recently because of the presence of foreign forces.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
isreal seems to be like the punk kid in school who picks fights with everyone, then hides behind their big brother. i think the US should spend more time covering their own behinds instead of wiping everyone elses.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Good! I would also be pissed if i was the leader of Israel. The Arabs are really itching for a war.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Middle East is but a spark away from exploding into an all out Arab Israeli war... This may just be that spark!

And guess who is trapped in the middle stuck in their own war and will be forced through alliance to aid Israel when conflict and war breaks out?

This could turn into one of the darkest times for humanity in all of human history.

Then again, maybe someone has a peace plan in the works that may actually help the situation.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Muslims will always be looking for war. They hate all non muslims because their koran tells them to.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
and all christians will always be looking to take back the holy land and convert everyone else because the bible tells them to

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
the koran does not tell them to kill and start wars. it is twisting of the koran and ignorant people that cause hatred.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Isreal is doing nothing I repeat NOTHING to help stabalize the situation in the ME.

you're right, they're not doing ANYTHING to help the situation. But... There's something i dont get...
Israel is executing the only non-violent solution to prevent terrorism by building that wall. Not only that, Israel offered peace so many times and the PLO rejected those offers. So... who's the one thats really not doing anything, Israel or PLO?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Muslims will always be looking for war. They hate all non muslims because their koran tells them to.

show me proof this states this in the koran, I dont belive I have seen this in one I have read.

Originally posted by vapor
the koran does not tell them to kill and start wars. it is twisting of the koran and ignorant people that cause hatred.

Exactly my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I support an attack on Syria. Is it not on the list of nations that were labeled the axis of evil. The Jews have been induring attacks on there soil for to long. The conflict must be taken to the doors of there enemies.
Can it be assumed that if this happens many of the Syrians in Iraq will withdraw and battle the Jews in there homeland.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As stated above it is a manipulation of the Koran that teaches these people to want to kill others. A manipulation of stupid people by conniving lunatics. Nothing more, nothing less. When you have a population of people living under difficult circumstances it becomes very easy for a group of nutjobs to convince them to do things by distorting their beliefs.

FredT et al, you guys are forgetting one thing: Syria and many of the other surrounding countries still consider themselves at war with Israel anyways.

Some rhetoric will change nothing. Syria will still give money to fund terrorist training camps in their country and in Lebanon. Oh well. It's nice to see that the rhetoric impacts some people, unfortunately not the people in the middle east. You make it as though Syria and Israel were holding hands in the park until this rhetoric was said. They hated each other, hate each other and will hate each other regardless of this crap.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
FredT et al, you guys are forgetting one thing: Syria and many of the other surrounding countries still consider themselves at war with Israel anyways.

No i do realize it, as well as Isreal right to self defence. But given all of its regional sabre rattling its hard to justify it all the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It appears the entire middle east region is ripe for an all out annihilation some day. I wouldn't be surprised.

top topics

join