It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreams involving dead loved ones.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
A few years back I had a couple of lucid dreams, which involved my great grandad - who passed away 11 years ago.

He often comes to visit me in my dreams (well, that's what I like to think it is.) Anyway, I saw him in one particular dream, sitting at a table on the beach (this is the point I realised it was a dream and took control of it) and thought to myself, "there he is again! I'm going to see if I can touch him and give him a hug!".

So I walked over and wrapped my arms around him and gave him a big hug and he really violently shoved me off.
Then told me to take my little boy, turn around and just run as fast as I possibly could. So I ran, and then woke up.

The second one: I was walking with an anonymous man through a beautiful garden. I couldn't see the man's face and didn't know who he was, but I had a massive overwhelming feeling of love for him in the dream.

The garden was so beautiful, it made me feel sick to look at anything. We walked down a path and all of a sudden, my great grandad walks out in front of us and smiles and shakes the anonymous man's hand, then walks along beside us for a while.

It was at this point I realised I was dreaming again. I started asking him questions, I asked him if he could sing the funny songs he used to sing to me as a child and he smiled and said (well, he didn't say it because we were talking in thoughts!) that unfortunately, he wasn't allowed to. We then walked towards a long tunnel (the kind you drive your car through) and he started speeding up, walked ahead of us and then he was gone.

Has anyone else had a lucid dream involving a loved one who's no longer alive?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Lucid dreams can be very confusing, i have also experienced a lucid dream involving my father whom ive never seen before.
I told my Nan, and she confirmed what i had told her from the dream about his looks and all.
My only wish from the dream is that i could remember his name. But, i dont know if he is among the living or is passed on.

edit on 11/3/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yes! I had a dream in which my dead mother and I met, and were sitting on a bench in a beautiful park or something, with rolling hills of green grass. I knew I was dreaming, but like you, decided to just go with it and ask her questions.

I said, "this place is really nice! Wow!"
She said, "Yeah...."without any enthousiasm, adding, "But I can't stand the idea of being stuck here forever!"
I looked at her, concerned as she seemed unhappy, and asked what could be done to "free" her, or help her move on elsewhere?
She told me that her ashes needed to be gotten rid of- buried, thrown out, whatever. It really needed to be done.
I replied that they had been buried at a cemetary. She said no they weren't- "talk to your stepdad... it is very very important that this be done!"

Then I told her I missed her terribly and wanted to hug her, and she scoffed and got a bit sarcastic saying something like "Oh yeah, you want a bottle and lullaby at the same time?" She made a repulsed laugh at me and I felt ashamed and confused.

That was what was really wierd about it, and what bothered me! I couldn't understand why she had been so cruel and pushing me away in that way!

But later I did call my stepdad, and he admitted to me that he hadn't had the ashes buried as planned! He was keeping them in an urn hidden in his office, unable to let go! I told him he needed to get rid of them. He didn't take it very seriously.

Later he called to explain that they had just found out that my ten year old brother had been getting up in the middle of the night, taking out the urn, and sitting with it, talking to her and crying. They hadn't know until they found him one night doing it. He decided it was part of why my brother was not being able to move on at all and was badly traumatized still. He had the ashes buried, and slowly both them were able to pick up their lives again.

I don't know if this might have been a real encounter with the soul of my mother, an entity existing only in my own subconscious and a vessel for hearing a message from my subconscious only, or what. But it seems the message was important for us all anyway.

IF it could have been her consciousness (which, by the way, ceased to show up in dreams or otherwise after we got rid of the ashes) then it made me wonder if it is important for them that we stop thinking of them so much, or at least stop needing and wanting them so much. I wonder if it makes them unable to "move on"? If that might explain them trying to brush us off or tell us to get over them?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What does lu dreams mean?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Yes! I had a dream in which my dead mother and I met, and were sitting on a bench in a beautiful park or something, with rolling hills of green grass. I knew I was dreaming, but like you, decided to just go with it and ask her questions.

I said, "this place is really nice! Wow!"
She said, "Yeah...."without any enthousiasm, adding, "But I can't stand the idea of being stuck here forever!"
I looked at her, concerned as she seemed unhappy, and asked what could be done to "free" her, or help her move on elsewhere?
She told me that her ashes needed to be gotten rid of- buried, thrown out, whatever. It really needed to be done.
I replied that they had been buried at a cemetary. She said no they weren't- "talk to your stepdad... it is very very important that this be done!"

Then I told her I missed her terribly and wanted to hug her, and she scoffed and got a bit sarcastic saying something like "Oh yeah, you want a bottle and lullaby at the same time?" She made a repulsed laugh at me and I felt ashamed and confused.

That was what was really wierd about it, and what bothered me! I couldn't understand why she had been so cruel and pushing me away in that way!

But later I did call my stepdad, and he admitted to me that he hadn't had the ashes buried as planned! He was keeping them in an urn hidden in his office, unable to let go! I told him he needed to get rid of them. He didn't take it very seriously.

Later he called to explain that they had just found out that my ten year old brother had been getting up in the middle of the night, taking out the urn, and sitting with it, talking to her and crying. They hadn't know until they found him one night doing it. He decided it was part of why my brother was not being able to move on at all and was badly traumatized still. He had the ashes buried, and slowly both them were able to pick up their lives again.

I don't know if this might have been a real encounter with the soul of my mother, an entity existing only in my own subconscious and a vessel for hearing a message from my subconscious only, or what. But it seems the message was important for us all anyway.

IF it could have been her consciousness (which, by the way, ceased to show up in dreams or otherwise after we got rid of the ashes) then it made me wonder if it is important for them that we stop thinking of them so much, or at least stop needing and wanting them so much. I wonder if it makes them unable to "move on"? If that might explain them trying to brush us off or tell us to get over them?

Thanks for your reply, that's a fascinating experience!

Wow, I've never really thought about it like that before, you might be onto something there. I do think about him a lot and sometimes ask him to "look after" me and my son when I'm feeling particularly anxious or stressed. Maybe I should leave the poor man alone

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by driftinghours
What does lu dreams mean?

It's a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming.

new topics

top topics

join