It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Always WANTED you To Go Into Space Man... (Intergalactic Christ)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Not sure how many of you will be interested in this.

Last night we were going through music from when we were younger...

It's amazing how flabbergasted I was at the lyrics. I know the song but never REALLY understood it. Honestly, I was on the verge of tears.

I always thought he was singing about a "Spaceman". But I was wrong...
Please Give it a listen.

The Lyrics:

Pungent smells, They consummante my home,
Beyond the blackhorizon Trying to take control,
See my girl, She shivers in her bones
The sun and zenith rising, Trying to take us all
There's a fire between us, So where is your god There's a fire between us,
I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off this world.
This sickening taste, Homophobic jokes,
Images of fascist votes, Beam me up, 'Cause I can't breath.
Spaceman, I always wanted you to go, Into Space man (Intergalacticchrist)

It's time to terminate, The great white world,
Morbid fascinations television, Takes control,
Decimation different races fall,
Electronic information, Tampers with your soul,
The sun and zenith rising, Trying to take us
There's a fire between us, So where is your god
There's a fire between us,
I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off the carousel,
I can't get off this world.
This sickening taste, Homophobic jokes,
Images of fascist votes, Beam me up, 'Cause I can't breath.
Spaceman, I always wanted you to go, Into Space man (Intergalacticchrist) !

The song really gives me Chills.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: Correct some things.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Song is ok... I dislike the lyrics though. Not really sure what he's trying to say.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Thanks

I think he is trying to convey the state of the world in the future (the song was made in 1996.) I was eight then...

I think he means that Christ wanted us to go into space. It also sounds like he is trying to convey the message that the earth will be destroyed..

I also think that what he means by- "I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off this world", he is speaking of either the fact that we are confined by gravity- or confined by society (carousel)?
edit on 3-11-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

i love this song s and flag
thanks for the memories

now my kids are hooked
edit on 3/11/2011 by maryhinge because: the kids bit

that 4 times now
edit on 3/11/2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
That song is a little creeped out ..... I think he's trying to say he wants to leave the earth.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Pleasure- it really awesome to look at something with different eyes and hear it with different ears is it not.

Hope your kids don't drive you insane with this song now

reply to post by joeym1991

Well , the world is a little creeped out these days is it not? I think it's fitting. He describes our times perfectly. Go look up the word fascist- and read it. That is exactly what we live in today.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Thank you for bringing this song up

I don't know anyone who dislikes this song. It is a catchy little tune hey.
ahh, such memories, I was around 12 then... good times and fond memories. I've always loved this song, as also, when I was 12 I started getting hecticly into aliens, were most people were praying for a video game I was praying for abduction
pretty silly hey. oh well we're only young once and memories only die with alzheimers and death itself!

I think he's saying a lot with those lyrics; christ as an alien, general disarray of contemporary affairs, crying for change, dreaming of space, angered by holier-than-thou dogmatism which seem to never rest, being strangled by society and caught up with technology... yup I think this song is preeeety much us in a nutshell

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

It's a pleasure!

I really feel this guy "knew" something back then that many others didn't. I just find it funny that I only now "click".

Pretty much the same story as with you. Been into Aliens since I was about 7
Also wishing to be abducted- but after all I've read, I think I've changed my mind.

Once I saw the word "hecticly" in your post I immediately looked at your Location.. KZN. Happy to see some fellow "Africans" on this site. I'm from SA. Our numbers on here are growing quite a bit. I always though Africa, and South Africa specifically wasn't really ever on the same level as the rest of the world regarding the subject.

So, hey. And thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I love the chorus. I wish the rest of the song wasn't so weird to me. It makes me want to do a remake of the song and make it have a better flow to it. Speaking of "space"-things, another song from the 90s that is not very well known that might bring back some nostalgia for the gen-Xers is "Im the meantime" by Spacehog. Thanks for sharing, op
I can tell that one day I will want to hear this again and ill download it then even though at the moment I am sooo on the fence with it. And then I'm sure it will grow on me

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
never heard this song, but
the lyrics are interesting as stated in the OP and following posts:

to my mind
" I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off this world. "

is meaning he cant get off this world, which is very much like a carousel, the world spins like a carousel.
i also think of the idea of reincarnation, or the redistribution of energy, what chance does our energy have of leaving this world? we cant get off this world... unless we become spacemen....
also throughout the song he is giving negetive reasons to why he wants to leave or have the option of leaving..
whereas if there werent so many bummers riddling his souls earthly experience perhaps there would be no urging to leave.

maybe he is so hopeless with his earthly situation outer space seems like the only option there would be for hope for new expereince,

maybe he feels he is neutral and shares a christlike outlook on things and is seeking death and god to make "better" use of his intelligence and understanding,

i personally cant imagine finding one thing in outer space that could be better then laying in the sun from an earthly vantage and/or eating, for this is my personally given nature, hopefully universal knowledge of astounding significance is received upon death, I have a hunch the system maybe set up this way, or it might not be in which case, oh well.

just some thoughts...

I would appreciate a consideration of my thoughts relevance, and also a dialogue or discussion to continue if
you wish to pick them apart or agree,

top topics

join