It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help My college is too Liberal!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Umm they wanted to be soldiers, and I support them for their efforts.

You're supporting nothing. You are going on about how right this war is, how neccissary it is to have troops over there being maimed and slain, but when it comes down to it, you're writing cheques that you want someone else to pay. Unless you want to put yourself up to the challenge I recommend that you keep your opinion to yourself.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The war on terrorism is not false data. I distinctly saw on TV what happend to the twin towers. I dont think that is false data.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The war on terrorism is not false data. I distinctly saw on TV what happend to the twin towers. I dont think that is false data.

Guess what else I saw on TV? Cheap food from brightly-colored restaurants makes you happy, and drinking beer makes you attractive to sexy girls.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

On second thought, maybe the millitary wouldn't want you.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I dont get it? What are you trying to say.

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Guess what else I saw on TV? Cheap food from brightly-colored restaurants makes you happy, and drinking beer makes you attractive to sexy girls.

Its called an Advertisement, and is meant to sell something with the intent to increase profits. What I saw was actual video, not an advertisement.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I dont get it? What are you trying to say.

Especially during a time of war, they need people that can think.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Intrepid I am thinking, and this is my solution, I believe the war is working agaisnt terrorism. Do you have a better method? Invite them over for a cup of coffee or what?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Intrepid I am thinking, and this is my solution, I believe the war is working agaisnt terrorism. Do you have a better method? Invite them over for a cup of coffee or what?

No I'm saying if you're going to be so forward about the war be willing to jump in there and do your part, not stand back and let others back up your convictions for you. Don't bother asking, I come from a millitary family.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yes, launched by mainly people who are citizens of Saudi Arabia. Or did you miss that part. I don't remember any Iraqi agents being mentioned on board.

Come on man, Iraq was a distraction at best, and it has blown up in their face due to lack of proper post war planning. More lives have been lost due to this ineptitude than the war itself.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No I'm saying if you're going to be so forward about the war be willing to jump in there and do your part, not stand back and let others back up your convictions for you. Don't bother asking, I come from a millitary family.

I want to be a leader not a follower. I will get a job and dabble in local politics. Just as the five star general sits and directs(not that I will ever be a general).

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I want to be a leader not a follower. I will get a job and dabble in local politics. Just as the five star general sits and directs(not that I will ever be a general).

No you won't, you'll try but people will not follow someone that won't stick up for their own convictions. That's how you get to lead, prove that you are worthy, I see nothing here.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

No you won't, you'll try but people will not follow someone that won't stick up for their own convictions. That's how you get to lead, prove that you are worthy, I see nothing here.

Ok that is your OPINION, I know i have to work hard, and will make it work. What makes you such a great leader that people will flock to you?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Ok that is your OPINION, I know i have to work hard, and will make it work. What makes you such a great leader that people will flock to you?

Dude, I'm a foot soldier, figuratively speaking, I didn't say anything about leading, but it makes my opinion that much more valid, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Help My college is too Liberal!!

I have personal experience with this. There is no such thing as free speech on college campuses any more. You are there to get an education, put all your energies into studying and never deviate from the academic.

Expressing conservative views on campus is as fruitless as it is on ATS and a lot more dangerous. You will be ostracized and you will be the target of vilification campaigns that will jeopardize your education. Forget the idea that college is the marketplace of ideas. It is not.

Get your education and move on.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Grady thanks for the input, that is why I was reluctant to fork over my school name. I can imagine it now, the mini-politics running about on campus.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

There are no five-star generals in the US military.

Seeing combat and getting good reviews and recommendations from your officers in a combat environment is extremely important to climbing up the ranks. The chances you can become somewhat of significant weight in the officer ranks of the DoD without ever hearing a shot fired in anger are slim-to-none.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There are no five-star generals in the US military.

Seeing combat and getting good reviews and recommendations from your officers in a combat environment is extremely important to climbing up the ranks. The chances you can become somewhat of significant weight in the officer ranks of the DoD without ever hearing a shot fired in anger are slim-to-none.

How does aiming for an MD sound? I believe there are five stars, but are only reserved for wartime use only. Someone correct me if im wrong.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I believe there are five stars, but are only reserved for wartime use only. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Generals of the Armies (five stars) have not been appointed since WWII.

Generals of the Armies, Fleet Admirals of the Navies, and Generals of the Armies of the United States.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The chances you can become somewhat of significant weight in the officer ranks of the DoD without ever hearing a shot fired in anger are slim-to-none.

This statement is not entirely true of General of the Armies Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Eisenhower's practical education as a military officer advanced slowly and without great distinction. During World War I, he failed to receive the combat experience he wanted and served instead as the commander of Camp Colt, a tank training center in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. From 1922 to 1924, he was stationed in the Panama Canal Zone and came under the tutelage of Brigadier General Fox Conner. Conner recommended Eisenhower for the command and general staff school in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, where he was graduated first in his class in 1926. He became an aide to General Douglas MacArthur, and in 1933 went with MacArthur to the Philippines where he helped reorganize the republic's army. His relationship with MacArthur was nothing like his friendship with Conner. Late in life, Eisenhower said that "probably no one has had more, tougher fights with a senior than I had with MacArthur."

This caused him considerable criticism in his first command as a combat commander.

It was his first assignment as a combat commander, and his lack of battlefield experience bothered other officers. To Sir Bernard Montgomery, the British Eighth Army commander, Eisenhower seemed like "a very nice chap" who knew "nothing whatever about how to make war or to fight battles." The invasion of North Africa, and especially the American defeat at Kasserine Pass, revealed that some of the criticism of Eisenhower was justified. The early campaign, which lasted from November 1942 to March 1943, was poorly coordinated and badly implemented. On the battlefield, the Allied command structure was confused and inadequate. Eisenhower, who spent much of his time focusing on political and logistical problems, could not galvanize his forces.

college.hmco.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
TACHYON...

you have it all wrong... theres no such thing as too liberal..

the reality of the matter is your just too conservative...

But seriously... doesnt the fact that the majority of educated people in these insitution are liberal give you an understanding of who supports what ideaology... (please keep in mind this is as a general rule... its not a definate fact...)

Educated academics and intelectuals (I.E the intelligent portion of society) support the left and liberalism...

Greedy corrupt corporate ass #ers (I.E the rich greedy bastards in society) support the right and conservatism...

Now there are exceptions to the rule, so i'm not suggesting you are of the greedy corrupt corporate ass-#er variety (just had to cover myself)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join