It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help My college is too Liberal!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My gosh keep on getting attacked by people handing out kerry flyers. We also have the stupid war marches. I will not disclose the school, but I think republicans are a minority on the campus. There are college Republicans but they are small. I was invited to attend a march, I was like "no thanks i dont support it." We have had an antiabortion thing, but it was like two years ago. Someone told me that college tries to purposely make you liberal. I think this is true. What is going on here. We had a class in which we were discussing the Iraq war before it happend and I refered to such countries as rouge states and my professor said "Ha, America is the only rouge state." I was about to bust out and criticise her for her mocking me, but chose not to. Serioulsy there are too many peace freaks out here. It seems that Ive had to explain my point to view a lot to those who do not understand it.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm sure Oral Roberts University has some vacancies
...we all have choices. I'm sorry you have to deal with that but its part of the game when you go to college.

Try engaging them in debate and prove their points wrong. Simply getting upset and ignoring them will only fuel your disgust. Or better yet, start your own political group on campus to promote Conservative ideas and support for your chosen candidate. Their just using their right to free speech, no one is stopping you from doing the same.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Serioulsy there are too many peace freaks out here. It seems that Ive had to explain my point to view a lot to those who do not understand it.

As you will not understand theirs. That sword cuts on both sides. Oh the term for your side is "war pigs."

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Serioulsy there are too many peace freaks out here. It seems that Ive had to explain my point to view a lot to those who do not understand it.

As you will not understand theirs. That sword cuts on both sides. Oh the term for your side is "war pigs."

Their is a reason for the war. Im sure you remember 9/11, and saddams WMD.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yeah, I seem to recall something about 9/11 being mentioned at the RNC.

But remind me about Saddam's WMD's. Where were those stockpiles again?

Anyway, yes college tends to make people more liberal. Darn education, multiperspective, mind opening experience. Though some liberals go conservative merely as a reaction to the people around them...and the fact they can't get hippie chick tail.

DAMN I miss college.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Oh, I didn't realize they found WMD's, you know, the ones we sold them in the first place. Did you find some news item we weren't aware of?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Damn, I step out of the office for 10 minutes, look what happens. Anyways, been covered, what they said. Brainwashing is not a good thing. Resistance is not futile.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Nobody is forcing you to go march. Nobody is forcing you to sit down and listen or take their flyers. Politely decline their actions and say you don't support them, you'll probably find they understand. Even if the college republicans are small they still exist, what does size matter, are you uncomfortable being in the minority?

These people have just as much freedom to express their views as you do, if you wish to protest then protest. You can't whine about the college being too liberal if you're not prepared to take action.

If you wonder why liberals are so worked up then try to see through their eyes for a while.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I will not disclose the school

If you disclose the school we can verify the accuracy of your statements by going to the school's websites and seeing the rallies and other events posting. If you don't, then we're discussing things hypothetically here.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

If you disclose the school we can verify the accuracy of your statements by going to the school's websites and seeing the rallies and other events posting. If you don't, then we're discussing things hypothetically here.

It is not the school itslef its the student body, ive spoken to other students from other schools in the region, and it seems that they are also liberal. I like my school though, its that just about everytime I pass a street, there is someoen trying to hand me a flyer on Kerry or other stuff about the environement and things. I have yet to meet someone who will actually disclose thier party which is the same as mine. And it is in the PA region LOL.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Anyway, yes college tends to make people more liberal. Darn education, multiperspective, mind opening experience.

No doubt, especially the multiperspective angle. In Washington state the city of Seattle is almost completely Liberal but the rest of the state is Conservative...and they all live in small towns with very little exposure to different ideas, higher education or exposure to different groups. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weller

Originally posted by RANT
Anyway, yes college tends to make people more liberal. Darn education, multiperspective, mind opening experience.

No doubt, especially the multiperspective angle. In Washington state the city of Seattle is almost completely Liberal but the rest of the state is Conservative...and they all live in small towns with very little exposure to different ideas, higher education or exposure to different groups. Go figure.

I belive myslef to be fairly educated yet I do not share their views. Funny story, in my Philosohpy class my teacher asked who liked the movie Saving Private Ryan, I was the only person who raised his hand and he said that the movie was such a fake and this and that.....still liked the Prof though.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYONI belive myslef to be fairly educated yet I do not share their views. Funny story, in my Philosohpy class my teacher asked who liked the movie Saving Private Ryan, I was the only person who raised his hand and he said that the movie was such a fake and this and that.....still liked the Prof though.

I don't know what that movie has to do with the topic at hand but if you feel so strongly about this war why don't you drop out and enlist? You're just the age they're looking for.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYONI belive myslef to be fairly educated yet I do not share their views. Funny story, in my Philosohpy class my teacher asked who liked the movie Saving Private Ryan, I was the only person who raised his hand and he said that the movie was such a fake and this and that.....still liked the Prof though.

I don't know what that movie has to do with the topic at hand but if you feel so strongly about this war why don't you drop out and enlist? You're just the age they're looking for.

It had to deal with the American view of WW2, was it all spiffy and neat and clean which he claimed to be false. I will not drop out, I will help in another way by eventually joining local politics when I get older and hold a job.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

It is not the school itslef its the student body, ive spoken to other students from other schools in the region, and it seems that they are also liberal. I like my school though, its that just about everytime I pass a street, there is someoen trying to hand me a flyer on Kerry or other stuff about the environement and things. I have yet to meet someone who will actually disclose thier party which is the same as mine. And it is in the PA region LOL.

Well, I'm in PA. I'm very familiar with the universities in the state. And you didn't say it was just students, but your teachers as well. So, what college are you attending? I have Kings and Wilkes Universities right in my city, with Lackawana CC in the township.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, it's early in the semester.

Withdraw and apply to another college. Pick a nice religious college.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I will not drop out, I will help in another way by eventually joining local politics when I get older and hold a job.

So, you're Pro-war, but you prefer someone else do the fighting. COP OUT!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I will not drop out, I will help in another way by eventually joining local politics when I get older and hold a job.

So, you're Pro-war, but you prefer someone else do the fighting. COP OUT!

Umm they wanted to be soldiers, and I support them for their efforts.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm happy to know there are plenty of liberals in PA. It is a swing state you know.

Looks like its gonna be 4 years of Kerry

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yes, they wanted to be soldiers, but few join specifically to fight in a war. Most join for college money, a better future, etc. The ones who only want to fight generally join the Marines. Other than that, most just want a better life.

Most realize they may have to fight a war, but I doubt anyone of them want to fight a war that is based on false data and will probably end up creating another Muslim relgious state that hates America even more than they did before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join