It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He has a right to speak," said the cop to the banker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I agree, the more respectable looking you are, the better you will be treated and taken more seriously, would help the movement a lot with more guys like this.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

His new flyer. Really like the use of QR code and of course the message and method of delivery. I agree, this one effective way to do it. But remember, the core lies in his presentation. He looks like a banker. Dresses well. Is articulate, witty and personable. Those are keys to replicating this method beyond the flier aspect and without causing a disturbance in a public place. He also makes friends in his territory, such as George the security guard. Third person, unaffiliated testimony to your protesting behavior will help too, especially if police get involved.

I'm surprised the other hired security didn't harm him; some folks in that business take their job a little too seriously.

ETA: QR Code takes you to this page, screen shot from mobile device:

edit on 3-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stigup

thanks for posting this... it is excellent....Gandhi would be proud!..keep up the great work!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

if ( $5 bucks && 500 pages && 10 evenings == 1 less sheeple in my neighbourhood ) [
worth it
]
else [
assimilate && shut up
];

$logic = "correct";

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Not nearly enough cops like that, that's for sure....

I have to disagree with you. This police officer stated the very reason why the 5 major protest are having issues. If you block access or imped any form of traffic your going to have trouble.

Some personal friends of mine in law enforcement say the same thing. Bellevue, WA welcomed people to speak their mind last month to a concret park area right between a couple banks in the middle of the city. They only asked that they didn't imped traffic or damage any of the vegetation or public resources. I wish I could find the news link again.

About 75 people showed up day one and twice that on Sunday but nothing the last couple weeks.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Brilliant.. Properly and well done by the man to get the message out there in a peaceful , polite and legal way much more effectively than mobs of unwashed , mindless masses causing disruptions to businesses and trashing public property..

Also handled well by the police in accordance with the constitution and the law.

S+F

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Absolutely brilliant. /applaud

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stigup

Amen to this

Like most bullies, the banks are cowards. They talk a big game, but if confronted with their crimes, they run for cover and go whining to "mommy."

So true I also noticed the sock puppet shills defending the Banks/anti-OWS clowns do the exact same except complain to a moderator when we knock the crap out of them

Holy THIS IS EPIC!

BofABoss: "What, are you working for the credit union?" MB[my best line of the day]: "No Sir, they work for me, unlike your bank that works for investors and shareholders." BofABoss: "Get a job!" MB: "I have a job. I run a company. I created 17 jobs in the last 5 years, while you were blowing up the economy. How many jobs did you destroy?" BofABoss: "Well go do your job then." MB: "Right now, my job is telling your customers that your bank is run by crooks." BofABoss: "We'll see about that."

OWNED!

The best method ; killing them with kindness > making them rage more

That guy handing out flyers = my new hero!

edit on 3-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I will be Occupying my local BoA and Chase handing out flyers in my best suit, showered shaved and professional "with fawkes mask of course" ...OWS been there done that will return soon however.

If you want to do something and OWS is not for you then perhaps this is more up your alley

MOVE YOUR MONEY moveyourmoneyproject

moveyourmoneyproject.org...

I have a knack for persuading people, i all ready belong to a CU however I expect more to join me very soon

btw video blocked from facebook btw go figure

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stigup

WOW thats awesome! Its always good to see a actual "Protector of the Peace" and not just another pig doing what hes told. We need more police like this. We need officers that make decisions based on the State Law/Constitution and not just because they have to meet a quota.

We dont need cops like in this video
www.break.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
That's a great form of protest.

Squating in a park...not so much. Confronting police...not so much. Blocking traffic...not so much. Mobs going into banks...not so much.

OWS can learn a few things from this guy.

Oh, so much.

This is the kind of thing I have been espousing all along. Protest where it will do some good. Stay peaceful and polite.

Not only does this guy have the right idea of how to deal with his local bank branches, he has the Zen mentality to carry it farther. I know what I am doing when I get off work in the morning.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There's corrupt cops, cops who want nothing but a good quota, and finally this guy who is actually going out and upholding the law. There's only a few good ones left that deserve our respect. Maybe there wouldn't be so much cop hate if more were conducting themselves in this manor.
Hope that security guard doesn't catch to much s***!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

If George is the bank's private security and just sided with the protester over the BoA boss, then George will be joining the 99s, not percent, the 99 week'ers collecting unemployment.

Not a bad story overall of the difference one person can make.

edit on 3-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

You do realize that George is honor-bound to tell the truth, don't you? How is telling the truth "siding" with anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Wow... that cop is one Badass Mofo...
I hope there are more like him. Maaaaaaany more.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And then there is me ... and I don't agree with the rest of you.

First, what the hell are you protesting in front of the banks for? The banks don't make policy, and it's not the banks fault that there is no money, it's the fault of the government.

Your money is in China ... you think the banks moved the money to China? You think the Chinese stole the money?

Jesus H. Christ people ... try to get off your feet.

Banks are, and always will be made to make profit ... but it isn't the profit, nor the banking that is a problem.

Let me TRY and get this through your thick skulls ... how does benefit the people of the world, when you got to a war, and use a million dollar bomb, to blow up a $1 shack? You have to be an imbecile, not to get the idea here ...

You want to protest, protest in front of Capitol hill ... and in front of the oil cartels.

In every war, there are winners and losers ... in WWII, the US won because the US was not the battlefield. The US came in, and made money from providing means and making collection from all those fighting. In this dumb-ass war you have been fighting, YOU are the battlefield ... so your government has lost some 10 trillion dollars, that they BORROWED from the banks by force and then they told the banks, WE WON'T PAY BACK.

The money isn't coming back into the banks ... and those who are making fortune, are the Chinese, because they are the only Industrial nation left.

Look at the back of your TV, it says "Made in China". Look at the cloathes you are wearing, it says "Made in China". Look at the toys your child is playing with, it says "Made in China". Look at the holiday stuff you are buying, it says "Made in China". Look at your iPhone, it says "Made in China". Everything you have, is more or less ... "Made in China".

You think this is the "Banks" fault? Unless you wise up, and get the idea here ... you'll end up looking at your Child's ear and read "Made in China".

You are protesting against the banks, because basically it's a "commie" think and counter productive. Because you aren't protesting against what has actually caused the problem.

Wall Street, is a part of the problem ... surely it is, because it's the stocks that actually made it possible to move such huge amount of cash, back and forth ... and literally lose it.

And the people who are to blame for it, are the legislators that made it all possible.

The banks are suffering worse than you are ...

So, really stupid ... and the cop is glad you are there, instead of where you should be.

edit on 4-11-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
There's corrupt cops, cops who want nothing but a good quota, and finally this guy who is actually going out and upholding the law. There's only a few good ones left that deserve our respect. Maybe there wouldn't be so much cop hate if more were conducting themselves in this manor.

I just need to say that you are wrong, my friend. It's not just a few good cops left that deserve our respect. You are generalising far too much. It's like saying that the vast majority of the OWS type protesters are sponging scum which they clearly are not. You have obviously not met the 99% of cops who are good people. You need to get a bit of perspective, mate.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
And then there is me ... and I don't agree with the rest of you.

First, what the hell are you protesting in front of the banks for? The banks don't make policy, and it's not the banks fault that there is no money, it's the fault of the government.

Your money is in China ... you think the banks moved the money to China? You think the Chinese stole the money?

Jesus H. Christ people ... try to get off your feet.

Banks are, and always will be made to make profit ... but it isn't the profit, nor the banking that is a problem.

Let me TRY and get this through your thick skulls ... how does benefit the people of the world, when you got to a war, and use a million dollar bomb, to blow up a $1 shack? You have to be an imbecile, not to get the idea here ...

You want to protest, protest in front of Capitol hill ... and in front of the oil cartels.

In every war, there are winners and losers ... in WWII, the US won because the US was not the battlefield. The US came in, and made money from providing means and making collection from all those fighting. In this dumb-ass war you have been fighting, YOU are the battlefield ... so your government has lost some 10 trillion dollars, that they BORROWED from the banks by force and then they told the banks, WE WON'T PAY BACK.

The money isn't coming back into the banks ... and those who are making fortune, are the Chinese, because they are the only Industrial nation left.

Look at the back of your TV, it says "Made in China". Look at the cloathes you are wearing, it says "Made in China". Look at the toys your child is playing with, it says "Made in China". Look at the holiday stuff you are buying, it says "Made in China". Look at your iPhone, it says "Made in China". Everything you have, is more or less ... "Made in China".

You think this is the "Banks" fault? Unless you wise up, and get the idea here ... you'll end up looking at your Child's ear and read "Made in China".

You are protesting against the banks, because basically it's a "commie" think and counter productive. Because you aren't protesting against what has actually caused the problem.

Wall Street, is a part of the problem ... surely it is, because it's the stocks that actually made it possible to move such huge amount of cash, back and forth ... and literally lose it.

And the people who are to blame for it, are the legislators that made it all possible.

The banks are suffering worse than you are ...

So, really stupid ... and the cop is glad you are there, instead of where you should be.

edit on 4-11-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

I agree with you (somewhat, on the account of this being a politician's problem).
The US did well in WWII in part because we showed up to the party late BUT I wouldn't word it like that to someone like my grandpa-in-law. He was on the battlefield, and only survived because his mamma taught him to tie his shoe (man directly behind him was shot and killed, Americans too sacrificed life and limb.).
Banks might be hurting right now, but their CEO's still get a bonus, so I doubt they are suffering quite as bad as your A-typical common man.

But the point of this article is this man has the right to protest. You might not agree with the protests going on but we have the right to peaceful protest.Take that right away then why not another and another. (we might not have the rights were promised, but this story gives hope)

China may have the upper hand, but it is in their best interest to not let us fail. Our economy's are reliant on each other (other than just in the way, if some one owes you money you're not technically ever broke).

* Foreign capital controls the majority of assets of 21 of China’s 28 leading industrial sectors.[2]

* By the early 2000s, transnational corporations, like General Electric, accounted for over one-third of China’s industrial output.[3]

* Enterprises in which foreign capital is invested account for almost 60 percent of China’s imports and exports.[4]

* A high proportion of those exports involve assembly in foreign-owned plants in China or operations contracted to local Chinese capitalists of high-tech components manufactured outside of China.[6] This is an example of China’s distorted development.

China relies heavily on the U.S. market, which is its top export destination. Thus China’s economic vitality hinges crucially on growth of demand in the U.S. market, demand that is increasingly financed by debt. China is also dependent on export markets in another way: it must exponentially expand exports to pay for its rising bill for imports of energy, minerals, food, semifinished goods, capital goods (like machinery), and luxury goods catering to its new affluent classes.

Source

Now imagine what happens to them if we were completely unable to afford those TV's, clothes and toys.

edit on 4-11-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: RE elaborate argument

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"He has a right to speak," said the cop to the banker
^ that would make a good poster at occupy l.a. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

I just need to say that you are wrong, my friend. It's not just a few good cops left that deserve our respect. You are generalising far too much. It's like saying that the vast majority of the OWS type protesters are sponging scum which they clearly are not. You have obviously not met the 99% of cops who are good people. You need to get a bit of perspective, mate.

OK, I see what you mean. There are good cops out there (didn't meant to insinuate there weren't) But you can't deny there are still way too many corrupt ones. Sure there are cops that go out and make the place safer, however this position has some power and power tends to draw some bad apples. Usually when cops appear in the line light it's not always good (exceptions to every rule.) I should have worded myself better, your right there. There are good ones as well as corrupt ones in every prescient.

Though saying 99% are good is kind of pushing it, I know some good ones and bad ones on a personal level. (some of the not so corrupt ones are still out for quota, in the way they have never issued a warning for small stuff EVER, like on your way to register a vehicle, clearly a block away from the DMV heading in that direction. When you show up to court with registration, dated the same day as a ticket, it actually irritates most judges.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree with you my friend. ANY position with power will attract people who think that it's an easy route to a corrupt way of life. Look at politicians, bankers etc. I just think that most police officers are more on the level of the public than other professions. But you obviously have a bit of a hang up about that ticket!! Your town cop clearly has to learn that discretion is a VITAL piece of the police response to most offences.
One has to earn respect.

edit on 4/11/2011 by iskander683 because: Slightly messed up!

edit on 4/11/2011 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2011 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join