It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-Iran missile sales

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

China-Iran missile sales

p.washingtontimes.com

China is continuing to provide advanced missiles and other conventional arms to Iran and may be doing so in violation of U.N. sanctions against the Tehran regime, according to a draft report by the congressional U.S.-China Commission.

“China continues to provide Iran with what could be considered advanced conventional weapons,” the report of the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission says.

According to the report, which will be made public Nov. 16, China sold $312 million worth of arms to Iran, second only to Russia, after Congress passed the Iran Freedom Support Act in 2
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well, crap. Not what I was hoping to hear. Is this just some sort of screw you to the US? Apparently this is not in violation of any law, per se. I am so confused by the world these days. Hey US, borrow our money. We're just going to go ahead and supply some of your 'enemies' with weapons. It'll be fine. No WW3 if you attack Iran promise! Why are Russia and China so in love with Iran? Why does the US have so much animosity towards the country? Why is this wine so good?

p.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

why does the US have the right to have nukes, and the NERVE to try to restrict other nations? let 'em have their missiles. we're no better.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I hear this argument a lot. I would say that no one has the right to nuclear arms or delivery systems. Frankly, I'd just rather not have more nations being equipped with them. My other issue is that it almost seems like China is goading the US. Also, and this is very hypocritical, I'd rather the country I live in be the only one with nukes; if anyone is going to have them that is.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Posted same link in WW3 thread while ago...

Think we can have same thread in 2 forums tho, eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Link your thread. I did a crappy job on this one. We can have it in two forums but without looking I'm sure your comments are better.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Old news... And no biggie, America and Europe arms Israel all the time with much better weapons.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Domo1

why does the US have the right to have nukes, and the NERVE to try to restrict other nations? let 'em have their missiles. we're no better.

At least the US does not explicitly state that their goal is to wipe another country off the map. We just let it be known that we have the power. I personally think Iran wants nukes for security and stability, and would not use them, and instead apply them to their lack of military might as a deterant.

BUT, they have threatened to wipe out Israel how many times? At least the US speaks softly and carries the biggest stick on the nuclear front, meaning we do not threaten the use of them, rather we let it be implied that should we be attacked with WMD, everything is on the table.

Also, the US does not supply Israel with ballistic missiles. They had to build those on their own. Believe it or not, Israel is MORE than capable of building those and far more advanced weapons.

It is a lot easier for the rest of the world to believe the US will not use them than a country chanting DEATH TO (Insert country here) and stating that their goal is the whole-sale destruction of another country.
edit on 2-11-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: added last sentance

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I admire Iran for not being phased by the restrictions of the Western World, flipping Babylon the bird and continuing on.

This is nothing, countries trade arms all the time. Maybe Iran doesn't want to purchase any missiles from America out of fear from random self destructs...

It all boils down to; the only country who shouldn't be trusted with nukes is America. America is the only country to ever drop one..others remain innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

reply to post by Domo1

At least the US does not explicitly state that their goal is to wipe another country off the map. We just let it be known that we have the power. I personally think Iran wants nukes for security and stability, and would not use them, and instead apply them to their lack of military might as a deterant.

BUT, they have threatened to wipe out Israel how many times? At least the US speaks softly and carries the biggest stick on the nuclear front, meaning we do not threaten the use of them, rather we let it be implied that should we be attacked with WMD, everything is on the table.

Also, the US does not supply Israel with ballistic missiles. They had to build those on their own. Believe it or not, Israel is MORE than capable of building those and far more advanced weapons.

It is a lot easier for the rest of the world to believe the US will not use them than a country chanting DEATH TO (Insert country here) and stating that their goal is the whole-sale destruction of another country.

Actually, as far as Iran saying they would wipe out Israel; that's open to interpretation. Apparently, they never said that, only US media transaltors have. I don't know one way or another, just saying.

But as far as the US having nukes; the US is the only country that has ever nuked another country. The only one. It is also the only country that openly threatened to nuke another country.

The only reason the US still commands respect (and I use that term loosely), is that the US has the nuclear capability to destroy the planet several times over and the rest of the world believes the US would do it. That's why the US economy still hasn't completely crashed.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Right, Pakistan never threatened India with nukes, the Soviets never threatened the US with Nuclear retaliation. Keep dreaming.

While the use of the bomb in Japan was not warranted, we must consider teh context. Hindsight is always 20/20, right?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

My father taught me that a real man doesn't veil his feelings. It's no secret that the US wants to wipe plenty of nations off the map, but just because they don't bluntly say it, doesn't make them (us) better.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

Well the USA is proving it is a pack of hypocrites (Government, Military, red necks that is)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

My father taught me that a real man doesn't veil his feelings. It's no secret that the US wants to wipe plenty of nations off the map, but just because they don't bluntly say it, doesn't make them (us) better.

And my father was a fan of Teddy Roosevelt, someone it seems your father was unfamiliar with.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The United States is a super power with the nuclear weapons and the U.S tries to keep other countries from having them because if other countries have them then they are a threat to the U.S. China will pretty much make anything for any country who is willing to pay. China even makes fake dog feces for Americans to buy. Iran would not be buying so many missiles and other weapons if they did not have a master plan to attack another country. More then likely they will try to attack the United States and fail because the United States has alot more up their sleeves then other countries think. If the U.S had the atomic bomb in ww2 just imagine what they have now. The probably have a weapon to erase an entire country off the face of the earth and they are just waiting patiently to use it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
let all country's have nukes , let them nuke each other,
Iran takes out Israel
Pakistan takes India
China takes west coast of US
US japan south Korea takes out North Korea
Russia stays out
UK stays out, they divide up what is left, all is happy now yes?
If it was only that simple,
Iran gets nukes
Israel takes out Iran
US gets involved,
Pak and Inda go at it,
UK and Russia go at it
China and N Korea take on south Korea, japan and Taiwan
US gets involved
then the hole world burns yea,
so why not let them have nukes, it is all so simple.
edit on 3-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

are we sure that is all china is selling, no nuke war heads plans for war heads, no nuke parts, or cores for a fission or fusion bomb? not hard to do just take guts out of missile and put nuke parts in how many war heads would fit in a scud type missile tube? remember all you need is one.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

may also have something to do with the US selling weapons to Taiwan.
Dont want your neighbours dog crapping on your lawn, then don't let your dog crap on theirs.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yea and we sell the very weapons that are often used against us.

Whats the point?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
And we sell (and sellout) missile guidance systems to the Chinese. Gee this is interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join