It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Yes, We Can Cut $1 Trillion Immediately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Just wanted to share this video with the community. I hadn't yet seen it and thought it would be well received here. I would love to see that kind of money cut immediately but is it reasonable? I really hope people start taking him more seriously, I feel like he can give us hope (not the Obama brand).

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
"It is no coincidence that the century of total wars coincided with the century of central banking."

-l2on Paul

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Oh Ron Paul, you goofball you. Isnt he just adorable?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If i were a girl id do him.....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I really hope people start taking him more seriously, I feel like he can give us hope (not the Obama brand).

I am ... surprised to read that you've transitioned from supporting Obama to supporting Ron Paul. It's welcome news of course, but I am still surprised.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

I've only supported Obama when drunk and trolling. The moderators gave me a stern talking to so now all my posts are on the up and up. Disregard any Ron Paul hate you may have seen. I believe I once even stated that the only reason we have states is so the votes are easier to count

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Domo1

Oh Ron Paul, you goofball you. Isnt he just adorable?

“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul

Yeah...sounds like a real "goofball" to me. (sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Sure does, just not in that quote. How about his foreign policy though? Gooooofy.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

Does this help? I'm too lazy to do a good job right now.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by robyn

Sure does, just not in that quote. How about his foreign policy though? Gooooofy.

Dr. Paul's foreign policy is far from goofy.

"Many conservatives say, 'I like Ron Paul, except on foreign policy.' Perhaps thinking they’re going for the jugular, Paul’s critics like to first cite his contention that our foreign interventions breed more Islamic terrorism than they quell, often saying the congressman somehow “blames America” for our troubles. Yet, according to the Pew poll, a majority of our soldiers — who you might think know a thing or two about what causes Islamic terrorism — actually agree with Paul on this point. More significantly, Paul’s overall foreign policy of avoiding going to war where there is no clear national interest is where the congressman is most in line with public sentiment. The only exception is Libya, where ironically most Republicans side with Paul and against public opinion," Hunter stated. "Perhaps Sarah Palin said it best last week on Sean Hannity’s Fox program: 'You’ve got to give it to Ron Paul … [who] I think hit the nail on the head, when he came out and said Obama had better be careful when he interjects himself and our country in other nations’ business.'”

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

America's current foreign policy is an absolute disaster and is bound to destroy our country economically, destroy our country in the eyes of the world community and make us far less safe than a non interventionist stance.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Paul needs to come across harder and clearer in interviews. He need to lay facts out point by point. Hannity took too much control of that conversation. It also ended pretty abruptly. C'mon Paul take off the gloves, you only have two months left then the action starts. Get serious!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
While Ron Paul has introduced a bold plan to actually CUT spending, the other candidates introduce their thoughts on trimming around the edges.

Anybody that agrees the national debt should come down needs to be looking at real solutions, not raising taxes while not cutting jack.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Cutting a trillion dollars in the first year and bringing the troops home isn't serious enough for you? I think your frustration is a result of the media treating Ron Paul like he doen't exist. He has stated some very serious solutions to our problems among the rest of the clowns known as the republican presidential hopefuls.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

I support Paul and his policies, so you obviously didn't understand my post. I'll make it as clear as I can. Paul needs to work on his delivery. Delivery is invaluable for a politician. Paul even admits this is his weakest point. I agree with him and he needs to do something about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ron Paul has a lot of valid solutions but can the common republican look deeper into it to see the value?

It would be good to keep all of Ron Paul's messages throughout the years and play them one day when we are finally broke (not that we are not already broke, we just keep getting $$ as loans from China).

A lot of our debt has been in these useless wars (Iraq) .We spent our money bombing the hell out of Iraq, then use our own moeny to rebuild everything we have destroyed. If the American people cannot see that they are being scammed into all these, then they need to rethink their intelligence. Ron Paul has been predicting these economic catastrphies for years now. Time to start paying attention before its too late.

SOme say he is out there. In the state that the country is, we need tough drastic measures to ensure that we dont dig ourselves deeper in debt.

Do any of those other GOP candidates inspire you any confidence?

Romney: I will change my position anytime so I can win

Perry: I have no clue why he is even running.

Cain: Too many gotcha sentences like Palin

Gingritch: Makes a lot of sense but he will not act on shi good ideas (he never has)

Santorum: Can someone give this guy a pacifier?

Bachman: Deer in the headlight

The rest , who are they?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
thanks for the link, with all the black out on Dr. Paul its hard to get some good material for the masses to not be so blindly lead by the media machine... its really suprising when Americans over 35 -40 years old still dont understand how their money is being (mis)manged by fractional reserve banking ...

how outsourcing for tax breaks and on going global military occupation, are effecting the country's worth on a global scale, how students are charged for human knowledge that should be free to all who want it, (via the internet)... we shouldn't have to pay 50,000 + interest on a peice of paper that states we went to class, only to graduate and default on those grants and loans, caues the dollar is devaluing and any good job we do get isn't enough to pay back the Dept of Education... or sallie mae or chase/boa/citi/wells fargo...

what a waste... try adding a house payment and daycare on top of that, it just doesn't happen...

new topics

top topics

join