It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Lucid Dreaming Question.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I haven't been able to get lucid yet. I was wondering if it's a bad idea to use music or binaural beats to induce lucidity. Can one become dependent on the music and/or binaural beats? Will it make it so I can't lucid dream without them? I'd like to get lucid without them. Is there any easy methods that don't require me to stay still as I go to sleep? I tend to roll around a lot. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I astral project and I downloaded this app on iTunes that helps you get into a very relaxed state.

My iPod is out of battery right now, but I think if you type in dream inducer - it's a pink icon of a girl sleeping on a bed.

Also, maybe type in inception? I think that's how I found my other one.. the icon is of two buildings, I believe.

When it's charged - I'll post again if you are interested.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by green-tree
I haven't been able to get lucid yet. I was wondering if it's a bad idea to use music or binaural beats to induce lucidity. Can one become dependent on the music and/or binaural beats? Will it make it so I can't lucid dream without them? I'd like to get lucid without them. Is there any easy methods that don't require me to stay still as I go to sleep? I tend to roll around a lot. Thanks in advance.

I've had several lucid dreams. They are definitely worth the persistence. A week within my decision to pursue lucid dreaming, I had my first lucid dream. I woke up in the middle of the dream. It was one of the most awesome experiences of my life. I've also had a wake-induced lucid dream where I went straight into a lucid dream from the waking state as well, but those are probably going to be almost impossible if you haven't had a dream induced lucid dream first, so I recommend trying to wake up in your dream to become lucid before you try to have a wake induced lucid dream.

It's fairly easy to become lucid during the dream state. To have a WILD (wake induced lucid dream) where you go from your awake state straight to your lucid dream requires some foreknowledge of what lucid dreams are like and what to expect. There are certain feelings you look for when trying to have a WILD that you are probably unfamiliar with, but with a lucid dream where you are already asleep and you become lucid during a dream, you become familiar with the feelings to expect.

So, my advice is stop trying to use binaural beats. Start keeping a dream journal and start looking at your hands everyday to program your dream self to look at your hand during a dream. When looking at your hands, say, "I am dreaming". Examine every detail of your hands while saying this in your head. You could have a lucid dream by the end of the week.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ive never used binaural beats really. The best method I find is to set your alarm for when you are in your deepest sleep, say 4 in the morning - then just keep sleeping it so you wake up every 15 minutes. Always works for me.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Eat a banana 30mins-1hr before you go to sleep.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I had lucid dreaming this morning , i dont even know how , its rare whn i get it ):

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't think it matters "how" you go to sleep, since the point of lucid dreaming is to become aware once you are already in a dream. I've never used beats or sounds and have had alot of lucid/astral experiences. The only thing that worked for me is to be aware during the day and use the 'light switch' method...

Everytime you pass a light switch (when you are awake) look at it, concentrate, turn it on and off and look at the light to see it go on and off. If you do this enough times it will be in your subconsciousness to do the same thing during a dream. Now... when you are dreaming and flip the light switch, the light will not go on and off like it should...because electricity in dreams never works right.

When you are in a dream and notice that the light is not corresponding with you switching the light on and off, this should trigger you into lucidity/awareness. The hard part is keeping your awareness and not falling back into a dream. Hope this helps!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My method is the wake-induced lucid dream, starring at your hands is also helpful. When i awake i usually freak out (that frozen state) a little, I calm my breathing and just chill out before i try to escape my body.

Does anyone here have any experience or in-depth knowledge of encounters with Archons while lucid dreaming?
Definition: (Archons are psycho-spiritual parasites. Yet as offspring of the Aeon Sophia).

Any information would be much appreciated,
Thank you

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Increasing your serotonin levels may also help:

sunlight.orgfree.com...

www.newtreatments.org...

It's natural and free!

Ribbit

edit on 2-11-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by princessgrey

This inception app is very cool!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But can you become dependent on the beats?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by green-tree

Nope. I reckon dependency on anything is not good. But I do believe in running multiple experiments. Beats are just a helper, inducer, the ultimate effort is on your part whether you do it with them or without them

edit on 3-11-2011 by himalayanhermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The other app I was talking about is calling "Lucid Dreaming".

I find it always works for me - if not to get super relaxed and astral project, it at least gets me to have intense dreams.

Happy Lucid Dreaming!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by himalayanhermit

Try the Lucid Dreaming app. I use that one as well!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hi! Yesterday I red a thread here on ATS about a guide on how to have an out of body experience:

OOBE Book

I've never tried anything like this, but on my first attempt, following this guide I had a lucid dream. My goal was to fly, and that's what I got! No drugs, just exploitation of of the mind during & after sleep. I have a scientific mindset, still this experience came quite easily and it was awesome to say it at least.

The book promises that most will have an experience within 3 days, I guess I was lucky having one on my first attempt. I recommend that you give it a try

Here's the thread:

New free e-book teaches you how to have an OOBE in 3 days...,

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I think you should be able to have lucid dreams without music. If you do become acustom to music though I could see why it would be harder with out the music but still possible.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by green-tree

Can i give you some advice?

1. Every night as you lay in bed, constantly think about lucid dreaming until it send syou to sleep. Do this for as long as necessary and you will eventually do it

2. Lucid dreaming (IMO) happens in stages, well it did for me. The first stage was realising i was dreaming, the second stage was being able to think in my dream, the third stage was being able to ask questions in my dreams and get a reponse, the fourth stage was dreaming inside dreams and the final stage was being aware of what was happening in my wakend life whilst dreaming (although this is rare its where i'm at now).

3. Don't over stress about it. I didnt do music or anything, i guess i simply accepted my own beliefs on creation and allowed myself to open up to every possibility. See past the veil, dont listen to MSM or any cult about religion, listen to your heart and the peices will fall into place.

4. Be aware that when you first do it, there can be moments when you are frightened, however, when you truely grasp the lucid dreaming you can make yourself dream about anything...and the added bonus is that your dreams can be recalled very easily...amost like a "wakened" memory.

Good Luck

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

just to get one thing clear!

lucid dreaming is dimensional shift
a small shift in your consciousness towards the higher plane,

this shift can be measured using your rem (rapid eye movement) to scale the frequency of your consciousness
moving into a lucid state means your conscious mind is awake outside of percieved reality,

to obtain such states an hour and a half of meditative thought control before sleep brings on lucid dreaming as you have prepared your conscious mind to wake up as your body rests'

lucid dreaming is in itself a path to your spirit!

treat it with respect,

if you are not fully prepared lucid dreaming can go wrong!!

if you let fear set in you have locked yourself in another dimension of fear till your body wakes up!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here's how to have the best chance of lucid dreaming. Go to sleep. When you wake up, go back to sleep. When you wake up, go back to sleep. Sleep way more than you would normally sleep, so that it gets irritating to sleep. You might put in 15 hours or so before you get to the right point. Then something weird happens - your body doesn't need sleep anymore and your brain doesn't want or need it anymore either. You'll know when you're there, it's different from regular sleeping. When sounds get real loud - even the tiniest sound gets super loud, you are there. You will be like you're paralyzed, so don't freak out. If you want to break out of it, try to move a finger a little, then that will go up your arm and to your torso and then you can break out.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Part of the problem for me is that when lucidity comes I get excited and the dream starts to disintegrate. I have had some success in the past when I was really into trying to do this, at spinning. So when the dream starts to break up at lucidity, you just spin around in your dream body while reminding yourself continually that the next scene, no matter what will be another lucid dreamscape. I often try to levitate objects as a lucidity test, include myself. I've been doing this a lot lately, but forgetting that if I can do it it DEFINITELY means that I'm dreaming - for some reason I delude myself into thinking that telekenesis, of the level capable of lifting a paino with ease, is a real skill that I've developed in real life, so I end up flying around and making things move with my mind, while never stopping to realize that these are lucidity ques designed to prove that I'm dreaming, because such things are just not possible in real life. Takes a lot of comittment and dedication, but it's doable. We can train ourselves to lucid dream. What's amazing is the clarity and detail in a full blown lucid dream, it's incredible!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join