It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mother of all wars is possibly weeks away.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There is not going to be any war. Its all smoke and mirrors for something else entirely. Part of it is to diffuse the OWS movement. Yes, the governments are that petty. Just wait and watch what happens over the next year or so and you will kick yourself for not realizing it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
They have been saying this for the past decade now, and nothing? My guess is this will go down as another attack Iran ruse. The Russians are once again coming out and highlighting concerns about this as they always do. If they were so concerned about potential consequences of an attack on Iran and for the region? Why have they not been more attentive to the concerns of others? Why have they been sending arms to Iran and nuclear advisers for years as everyone else has been frothing at the bit about it? Those are my concerns about Russia, and their attitude about this mess. You got countries in the Middle East staring each other down, and just waiting and watching. When has that not been the standard operating procedure for the Middle East?

I am fairly certain the US is just as concerned about the consequences of such an act as are the Russians. The thing I am concerned about is the response by Israel. They have proved time and time again that potential threats are attacked immediately and the world can ask questions later. Some examples include the secretive bombing of Iraq's nuclear program in the 80's and Syria's nuclear program more recently. I fear one morning we will wake up to hear about that air strike everyone has been expecting to happen for so long. After that, who knows where this thing will go? It will leave the three super powers in a precarious situation on what to do about it. All we can do about this is sit, wait, and watch.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Superpowers? Ummm the very reason we are seeing all this news shows these two arent SUPERPOWERSOTHERWISE THEY WOULD BE STOPPING IT!!!!!

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by openminded2011

I doubt that the US will attack Iran knowing that Russia and China are both against this.
Does the US really want a war with these two super powers?
I think not, maybe though.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
IF Russia and China step in IF the US attacks, it would be a world war. Australia and NATO would join in, Japan, Turkey and India.

Edit: And nothing good will come out of it, the only good thing is we get to see what toys is at Area 51.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
All the build up to the Iranian conflict reminds me of that boardgame RISK where you get to move your little armies all over the board build them up around a certain country you want to take over essentially surround them so they have to fight you eventually then when you have a sufficient troop build up then you roll the dice and move in and crush them OH hang on am I describing current world affairs or a childrens boardgame I really really hope the powers that be know what they are doing to us (I never could hold on to Asia but I was quite good at that game)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ever see the Modern Warfare 3 video game commercial? For short its MW3 and it the end it shows WW3 before turning the W upside down to make a M. The release date is 9/8/11.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny

Watch this little video of the TSAR bomb, the largest nuclear device ever detonated in the atmosphere.

Oh and this warhead was blown up in 1961.... What do you think they have on the tips of those missiles now.

This makes me feel deeply sick. I believe mankind is the only specie in the entire creation that actually fights with itself. WTF.
No respect for anything or anyone, no empathy, no kindness, no love, disconnected from itself and the Higher Power, shattered into 7 billion pieces.... yeah, we deserve to destroy ourselves.

Beam me up, Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here.
Sadly.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

My most sincere apologies. I make this pledge, from here on out I will refrain from using the term "mother of all". I will instead use "really big bad war".

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by GmoS719

Best thing is let Israel take care of it and we not get involved I know thats asking for a miracle but.....
**I totally agree.We are not in a position for another conflict of any nature.I also dont think Iran's weapons wont be deployable for some time yet.Im sure the Israelis think differently though.I also cant believe that we would commit ground troops.The people would freak and Obama would kill any re-election hope he has.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by princessgrey
Perhaps December 21st has a different meaning than we all thought.

It's scary. I always said that it'd be cool to live through something like this. But I don't think many of us, wherever we are, will live through anything.

Sure you will just accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior. Every singular bit of what you see happening in the middle east and Israel was written on the bible almost 3000 years ago and older in some prophecies.

I find it so compelling and absolute proof of God watching this all unfold , people watch this unfold and say millions will die but I see it as millions will go on to were we came from, God . Some to eternal life others to a spiritual body with a mortal soul. These are exiting times we live in , a special people specifically chosen for this last generation of mans rein. The tribulation of man has began and if you believe or not the beginning is near and for some the end.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Since the end of WWII, and the beginning of the "cold war", the world has stood on the brink of annihilation. Bombs capable of eradicating entire cities, bugs capable of wiping out entire populations, chemicals capable of poisoning whole sections of countries. This is the reality we've lived with for over half a century, and shows no sign of ending anytime soon.

Yet everytime, every single time, it's looked like armageddon...we've taken that necessary step back. Moments during the "cold war" were just as tense, if not more so. There were weeks on end when my siblings and myself saw nothing of my father because of alerts. You've not lived until you see every bomber on a SAC base take off... Not knowing whether that means the missiles are on the way, or just another drill. I lived this reality for most of my childhood, and young adult hood. How soon we forget how crazy the seventies and eighties were, not to mention the fifties and sixties...

Yes, it's tense. But it's been tense before. ...and hey, we're still here.

Maybe we're on the brink of a catastrophic war, maybe. But, we've also had the wisdom to look at that final step, and not take it. We will again.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
All the build up to the Iranian conflict reminds me of that boardgame RISK where you get to move your little armies all over the board build them up around a certain country you want to take over essentially surround them so they have to fight you eventually then when you have a sufficient troop build up then you roll the dice and move in and crush them OH hang on am I describing current world affairs or a childrens boardgame I really really hope the powers that be know what they are doing to us (I never could hold on to Asia but I was quite good at that game)

But God has already loaded the dice for Israel , the smallest nation in the world will eventually win after a setback.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This gives me a funny feeling. You know that feeling you get when you are at the top of a really high staircase, or a roof, and you look down. I'm getting it now. I'm gonna back away and grab hold of something.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
definitely nothing but war ahead for our "peace prize winner" i sure hope he doesnt get reelected although he probably will knowing how gullible people are.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Disgruntled Israeli Intelligence Chiefs Try To Stop Attack On Iran

The barrage of news concerning preparations for an attack on Iran came as a result of leaks made by disgruntled former Israeli intelligence chiefs who are trying to prevent the attack and remove Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from office, according to reports. The Kuwaiti al-Jarida newspaper reports today that Netanyahu has ordered Shin Bet chief Yoram Cohen to conduct an urgent investigation into the leaks, fearful that the blaze of publicity surrounding plans for a military assault could derail the agenda to target Iranian nuclear facilities. “According to the report, former Mossad chief Meir Dagan and former Shin Bet chief Yuval Diskin are those responsible for leaking information to the media regarding an attack on Iran,” reports Haaretz.com.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I thought the US going to war with Iraq was going to be the mother of all wars???

Are there two mothers now???

lol. who told you that.

very different countries.

Iran is stockpiling the missles kindly supplied by china. This is very different to just bullying another country. This would actually be a proper war.

If the US take out the nuclear sites too there could be some serious fallout.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The US isn't happy with Iran about this time every year for the past 5 years or more. Whoopty do.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I have a good idea. Send Netanyahu over to Iran. Drop him by parachute armed with his chutzbah. Let him do his own laundry. The rest of the world can then stay home and watch it on South Park.

I am sooooo sick and tired of bull # wars started by idiots who have authority. Screw all of them.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Authenticated
Seems like the U.S. is pushing for war lately. Especially with the whole "assassination" attempt that involved Iran on the ambassador. Look how fast that breaking news fell off and haven't heard about it in awhile. Guess we'll see whats next. Another attempt to set up Iran into going to war, provoking them or just giving the U.S. a reason to start it. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Best consider that well before the "assassination attempt" that Saudi was trying to get us to take on Iran for them even in cables from last yer and the yr before as has Israel. Kind of fortuitous that an assassination attempt was made on a Saudi by "Iran" dont you think? There is a lot more going on than the "U.S. pushing for war". There are a lot of pushes and pulls.. to lay it all on our doorstep is foolish. Check out what a Caliphate is and what was recently said by not only the Mullahs/prez/ayatolla in Iran, but the solidarity of Afgh and Paki if the US is involved in any action concerning Pakistan as stated by Karzai recently. Then check out who the majority is in Iraqi govt.. a shia. Do you know what the majority if and what the Ayatolla is in Iran? Shia. The Ayatolla doesnt speak much, but he sure as hell did in October concerning this. Iran now has extended its hand to Iraq, Paki, and Afgh.. and they are responding favorably to it. All you have to do is google it all. If Israel makes a unilateral decision to make any mil move toward Iran.. then we all are dragged in.

For those tired of soft wars and soft occupations in the ME by allied forces and the US.. this is probably what they want. What many dont get, but Russia and China do.. is that the US can lay waste to the entire region quickly and easily. We have the capability. If you judge our might and superiority by this nonsense in Iraq with this soft occupation.. youre only fooling yourself. We havent fought a real war in a long time and our spending rampage has resulted in many new toys and capabilities. We are just the dog of war and you may want to look into who holds the leash. Israel keeps kicking and saudi keeps meddling and we just might be let loose real soon. We have pulled back many times.. but who knows with this batch of lunatics. The ONLY reason Iran wants war is this religious nonsense and establishment of the Caliphate to usher in their prophecies and awaken the Imam Mahdi. No one else wants it because everyone else knows the real result that isnt clouded by religious idiocy.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Originally posted by Zaanny

Watch this little video of the TSAR bomb, the largest nuclear device ever detonated in the atmosphere.

Oh and this warhead was blown up in 1961.... What do you think they have on the tips of those missiles now.

This makes me feel deeply sick. I believe mankind is the only specie in the entire creation that actually fights with itself. WTF.
No respect for anything or anyone, no empathy, no kindness, no love, disconnected from itself and the Higher Power, shattered into 7 billion pieces.... yeah, we deserve to destroy ourselves.

Beam me up, Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here.
Sadly.

We absolutely are not the only species that fights among ourselves for territory.

Here's just one example: I watched Disney's "African Cats" (documentary) with my children last weekend. One group of male lions drove away another male lion from a pride that he was living peacefully in with his "women", and would have killed him if they could have. They took over the female lions themselves and made a new family. They also would have killed any baby lions fathered by the male lion they drove away. Hardly peaceful.
edit on 3-11-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join