It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mother of all wars is possibly weeks away.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All the chess pieces are in play. The middle east is in a state of almost complete disarray, from Tunisia to Syria. The US is pulling its troops out of Iraq by the end of the year. At the same time ominously that Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to garner support for an attack on Iran. All while the global financial markets flounder on microscopically thin ice.
news.yahoo.com...

Even worse, Russia is eying the entire situation nervously, as is China. Russia has even warned the US not to attack Iran.

Something is coming together and it doesnt look good.

edit on 2-11-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

Also this week, it was asserted that Syria has a uranium processing facility:

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I thought the US going to war with Iraq was going to be the mother of all wars???

Are there two mothers now???

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Perhaps December 21st has a different meaning than we all thought.

It's scary. I always said that it'd be cool to live through something like this. But I don't think many of us, wherever we are, will live through anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The mother of all mistakes would be more appropriate.

IMO.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Weeks? You think we have that long huh? I'm betting good odds we don't, personally. Part of why I drop by here several times across each day is because I expect news of the outbreak of war to cross with details I can rely on here before the MSM even understands the gravity of what is happening. I'm thinking 8-10 days, myself. If someone doesn't jump with a pre-emptive strike out of nowhere first.

Good thread for something we all ought to be aware of, at least in a background way.... I think when "it" happens, knowing and understanding will make the difference between who lives and who is in shock and makes very bad decisions in ignorance.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I doubt that the US will attack Iran knowing that Russia and China are both against this.
Does the US really want a war with these two super powers?
I think not, maybe though.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Best thing is let Israel take care of it and we not get involved I know thats asking for a miracle but.....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What? Did someone just say Nov 9th? No? ok, it was just me then...

I'm not going to elaborate any further, but the pieces to the puzzle are there it would seem..

'tsunami' 'drills' for the coasts... well, where do you think they would make land fall

'emergency broadcast'... well they gotta tell you some how

APEC is pretty much over in Hawaii... financial

The list goes on, but i'd rather not fear monger, rather i'd just suggest to keep your eyes and ears open...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

I doubt that the US will attack Iran knowing that Russia and China are both against this.
Does the US really want a war with these two super powers?
I think not, maybe though.

Do you think that China and Russia want war with the US for the sake of another country that neither have particularly strong ties with?
Although I don't see the US getting actively involved with Iran, wouldn't make sense for them to be pulling troops out of the region if that was their plan.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Soooo let me get this straight..... because this whole situation seems a$$ backwards...

The USA / Israel are not happy with IRAN because they would like to procure a nuclear facility and possibly a few nuclear weapons....

IRAN is backed by Russia and China which are nuclear SUPERPOWERS.

The USA is more worried about a few KILO ton warheads IRAN might posses / build while Russia and China have thousands of MEGA ton warheads..

Lets piss of the tick that is biting the sleeping bear...

Watch this little video of the TSAR bomb, the largest nuclear device ever detonated in the atmosphere.

Oh and this warhead was blown up in 1961.... What do you think they have on the tips of those missiles now.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Although I don't see the US getting actively involved with Iran, wouldn't make sense for them to be pulling troops out of the region if that was their plan.

Getting the troops out of Iraq is necessary because they are literally prime targets (sitting ducks), easily destroyed by an Iranian retaliation to any US involvement in strikes on Iran.

So, yeah, it makes perfect sense to get them out of Iraq as soon as possible.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I give it no more than two months tops.

There won't be any peace on earth this year. Or the next.

Is it just me though?, while watching the Chinese vid, I kept expect Godzilla to pop up.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ok, isn't the phrase "Mother of all Wars" over used now days?

I mean seriously every two-bit terrorist or war monger trying to look impressive in front of his/her/their followers uses that phrase.

It's not even that impressive of a phrase anymore. :_ )

I can't even get worked up when I hear it or read it, can you?

Yes op, I'm ragging on you slightly, but how many times has the tired, dog eared phrase been used, and not even once come close to being right?

But then if its your kids or friends or family getting killed, in front of you, it is not the mother of anything. It is a loss you can't replace.

Personally, I say, let Israel bite off more than they can chew by themselves for a change. Maybe it would remind them that their nation was born from tragedy, and that they do not have a right to be as monstrous in their actions as say... Hitler was.

I think Israel needs to get that sort of wake up call, and rediscover themselves as humans first, then a nation.

But hey that's my take on it.
M.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Moshpet because: Life, the universe and everything. 42.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Moshpet because: Because.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

When was this thread originally made? In February 2-11-2011??, somehow I caught it up on the recent posts. Or is it backwards, November 2, 2011 ..11-2-2011?

So, was this thread made before or after Gaddafi's Murder by Nato and the Oligarch's puppet, Obama?
The New Balkans war has been detonated in the middle east as the incendiary cockpit for World War III. If we neglect to expel Obama from office in time, we may find ourselves hurtling towards a general all-out war with those very nations who should be our closest allies and friends. Anyone also read Newsweek Dec 2010, according to that we already are at war with Iran. It's covert operations targetting Iran's Nuclear program. The Shadow War, please read that article.

Or, if you believe in the book of Revelation as I do it doesn't matter because these are the last days on earth anyway!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What is our deal with Israel? Why do we feel the need to get involved in their affairrs. Ron Paul was absolutely correct when he said to let Israel and Iran duke it out. Not our problem.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Just another thread with a OPs opinion. Much like the rest. But I do like it as it stimulates the mind. Makes me think.

That's what makes ATS roll...or is that rule? Eh, both work in this case.

I even have a witty reply from time to time.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Seems like the U.S. is pushing for war lately. Especially with the whole "assassination" attempt that involved Iran on the ambassador. Look how fast that breaking news fell off and haven't heard about it in awhile. Guess we'll see whats next. Another attempt to set up Iran into going to war, provoking them or just giving the U.S. a reason to start it. Guess we'll see soon enough.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

it was made on the 2nd november 2011, i do that all the time with dates too

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Also this week, it was asserted that Syria has a uranium processing facility:

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

+Gee what a co-incidence! Never heard one word about Syria and nuclear until now, and just when it looks like Syria is the next domino to be attacked. I am taking this whole story as BS served up by the same group that said Iraq had WMDs. And we know they didn't....

One thing is fairly certain, the U.S. will not pick a fight with anyone its own size. We haven't done that since Germany, and we weren't too eager about that.

edit on 11/2/11 by Electrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

That bomb even scared the Russians

Pretty wicked!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join