It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paganism, Witchcraft and Occult Knowledge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

Thank you...I will remember that!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Agarta...you are wise and have researched the material...in the end...welll, let's just say, I'm still trying to figure out...light from dark...dark and light...up and down...etc...It really does get intertwined and let's use the old axiom...an enigma wrapped in a riddle....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

my highest of gratitude in regards to sharing this piece of knowledge with me and the world...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Speak3asy

my highest of gratitude in regards to sharing this piece of knowledge with me and the world...

You are welcome. I know what I know and sometimes take that for granted. It is good to be able to share some of what I know to help others understand things on a deeper level along their path.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I too would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge. I am pleasantly surprised that the thread stayed positive. Many paths, same destination.
Good topic, OP!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

i wish to have a greater knowledge of...Ethnobotany (from "ethnology" - study of culture and "botany" - study of plants) is the scientific study of the relationships that exist between people and plants.

and a deeper knowledge of Herbalism including mushrooms & spores

i'm afraid i let those fields pass me by & it's too late for me to catch up now...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
On the path to spiritual enlightenment, there are areas that you cross. To achieve a higher spiritual understanding requires knowing and understanding some of the same, laws of the Craft, Pagan beliefs as well as Alchemy. I don't believe you can side step it.

I personally like to learn as much as I can on a wide variety of subjects, time permitting. I would like to hear others thoughts on the subject and if they researched thoroughly in these areas to provide insight.

On your path to spiritual enlightenment is a great start, you may want to weed out Paganism as their beliefs aren't really sufficiant in all of this. Stay away from Witchcraft as well, it's the same thing. If you want to understand the Universe , you need to study the Qabbalah. The book you may want to start reading is "The Mystical Qabbalah", then move on to "The Chicken Qabbalah", "The Book of the Law", "The Golden Dawn", Any book by Jung, 777, and so on.

I wish you much luck!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by liliththedestroyer

On the path to spiritual enlightenment, there are areas that you cross. To achieve a higher spiritual On your path to spiritual enlightenment is a great start, you may want to weed out Paganism as their beliefs aren't really sufficiant in all of this. Stay away from Witchcraft as well, it's the same thing. If you want to understand the Universe , you need to study the Qabbalah. The book you may want to start reading is "The Mystical Qabbalah", then move on to "The Chicken Qabbalah", "The Book of the Law", "The Golden Dawn", Any book by Jung, 777, and so on.
I wish you much luck!

I think you are wrong on this. Paganism is simply the old religion, and I'd say it is every bit as relevant to those who ascribe to it as any other. Pagan and peasant have similar word roots and reflect the fact that when the cosmopolitan sophisticated city folk were starting to embrace this middle-eastern prophet, Christ, those rubes in the countryside still worshiped the old gods that had served them for quite some time.

Seeing as it is my belief that innate human spirituality takes the form one gives it, any path is sufficient.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What knowledge are you looking for, I have studied traditional witchcraft, folk magic, backwoods medicine.i have also studied how to awaken the third eye. I would be glad to share any knowledge or reference I have just be specific in your questionsa reply to: blazenresearcher

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: radpetey
reply to post by blazenresearcher

It promises enlightenment, influence over others, and secret knowledge......But in the end, it will take your soul and you will be destroyed.

Organised religion is good at painting enlightenment, secret knowledge (of which religious institutions have lots), Wicca and Paganism et al as soul destroying and evil. They want to be the only ones you worship and make financial donations to.

In truth, the energy you put out (even if you have no belief in such things, talking negatively is putting out negative energies) attracts like energy and comes back to you. Books like The Secret or The Key touch on this.

One thing I would point out to newbies or those not in the know is that real magic is subtle, it comes from a time when Humanity lived more harmoniously with nature, something I feel we should be trying to achieve again. Most old folk remedies work because they include herbs or plants with an active ingredient that has since been extracted, concentrated and made into the pills your doctor prescribes today.

Also, person opinion,don't go messing about with Summoning Spells or things like Ouija that invoke entities, you can't always trust whatever comes through (and if you really, really must, make damn sure you dispel it afterwards).

It's your path, don't let anyone else tell you how to walk it!

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: blazenresearcher

All three - paganism, witchcraft and the occult - are a load of fetid dingoes kidneys, in my view at least.
Rather like any form of religion. Magic people in the sky, or ground, or trees do not exist. In fact magic does not exist.
I shall now tip my metaphorical hat and move off.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you wrote is any kind of valid argument, of course you are entitled to your beliefs as everyone else is, I wish you well in your lifes journey! Merry met, and Merry meet again.a reply to: AngryCymraeg

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There can only be a wrong way where there is a right way, deceptions where there is honesty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join