It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to us from Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Edit: Going to add a viewer discretion warning. It isn't anything too graphic but I'm eating dinner right now and it kind of grosses me out. Be prepared.

I was talking about this the other day in a thread I authored. This is a very sad story and I will continue to voice my sentiment that the United States needs to do something to help the Syrian people.

Let us not be hypocrites and selectively choose who we help. Syria needs us today, not tomorrow. We need to act soon and fast.

Spread this video around if you agree that Syria needs help.
edit on 11/2/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Well, on the opposition side, the "still sleeping" folks would hopefully take RP's position that the country is broke and does not need to be involved in any of the middle east madness. The awakened realize that this chaos and uprising has been planned and being orchestrated by "certain interests", god forbid I say the elite.

One thing's for sure, the things going on definitely aren't a surprise to the ones in charge..

This clip precedes at least 2007...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Anytime the United States government "helps" another country, bad things happen.

I am one of those "isolationists" who feel that we need to take care of our own country, our own troubles, our own people, and our own economy, before we go storming into other countries and "fixing" their situation via fomenting civil war, destroying their infrastructure, stealing their natural resources, killing innocent civilians, and removing whoever is in power only to replace them with a puppet government favorable to United States interests.

In other words, I see the United States using its military force, paid for with taxpayer dollars and staffed with our sons and daughters, to invade other countries and set up a free-for-all for multinational corporations. They are the police force to keep the locals from taking their country back. They are the police force so foreign companies can do business and turn a tidy profit.

Our entire economy now runs only when the military / industrial complex has business. We have become a third world banana republic with a Napoleonic complex.

Let's fix our own country before we go galloping off into yet another middle eastern country as wolves dressed in sheep's clothing.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
In a perfect world we would go in and protect human rights, do the right thing for our fellow man
In today's we go in to do the above and the world hates us and tells us we are not the world police
No longer should the US be held responsible for the actions of the world's governments against its own population it only seems to breed Anti-American hatred so forget Syria let their government kill all its civilians Egypt, Iran, Iraq,Turkey, Israel let them do as they will to their population and let us Americans wash our hands of this mess I'm sick of being the bad guy Its time to go back into isolation until we get our system fixed and working again

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The author of this video will hopefully take comfort in the fact our World is a stage. It can become dramatically upbeat or drastically worse at any given moment. To the regimes firing bullets and silencing voices... Your 50 - 90 years of experience as an individual clings to you as your "calling card" for eternity. As beautifully orchestrated as our Universe is... Understand there's a flip side. I couldn't tell you exactly what form it resides in, but I'll take a crack at guessing real fast. Welcome to a void where all you have is a replay of atrocities alongside the cycling of your limited perception as human beings. I doubt there will be an end in sight.

God is Great, but not in the business of offering invites to the inexcusable.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Well, on the opposition side, the "still sleeping" folks would hopefully take RP's position that the country is broke and does not need to be involved in any of the middle east madness. The awakened realize that this chaos and uprising has been planned and being orchestrated by "certain interests", god forbid I say the elite.

Yes because GOD FORBID we help anyone. Right?

Even if it's being planned by the elite you're the one who needs to wake up. Human injustice isn't okay.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well considering I have one star and someone who basically said "Forget Syria and the people who are dying" has 5+. I'm going to go do something else for awhile.

Thanks for making my faith in humanity drop five billion points.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Even if it's being planned by the elite you're the one who needs to wake up. Human injustice isn't okay.

It's the problem-reaction solution.. The agenda (to occupy and re-install "democracy" as they say) is the solution, then they create the problem. Does anyone still deny that the CIA was behind Osama bin Laden's role in the late 70's/early 80's, or Saddam Hussein's rise to power?

I don't know enough about Syria and the history with the US or what.. I do know to use extreme critical thinking when I hear the words "Humanitarian Effort", especially when blasted from the mouth of the organization Human Rights Watch, whose top members/directors are members of the Council On Foreign Relations, who were nice enough to include this following excerpt in their April 1974 quarterly review entitled "Foreign Affairs"...

An end run on national sovereignty in the direction for world order, are you on board with that??

Meet them..

edit on 2-11-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by rstregooski

Yes because GOD FORBID we help anyone. Right?

I really don't think it's about not helping anyone, but going into another country on the pretense that we are there to save them, is what most folks are angry about. Most, if not all, Americans would gladly help any country during or after a natural disaster, or give aid to those in dire circumstances. The US does not need to try and be the world police or savior of poorer countries that do nothing to help themselves.

We as a nation, need to get our own house in order. The pictures from African, Asian, and South American countries that depict children living in squalor, starving, and without a chance for education are heart wrenching. Those same things occur here in our country, and we have no business interfering in other countries business, when we have children and aged citizens living without food, medical care, or a roof over their heads.

It seems the more we help some of these nations, the more we are hated around the world. Our citizens should be the focus of our charity and support. When we no longer have Americans living under bridges, starving, and doomed to a life of poverty, that is when we can help others. On a limited basis, of course. I wonder how many countries will be begging for their aid and telling us how important we are to them?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
check the maker of the video joined 21 sept 2011 and from usa.

secondly you guys like beheading and sharia law? because assad is fighting the sharia loving muslim brotherhood.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

dont be fooled by the opposition and there mind games.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There are quite a few people that believe that their president is the antichrist.
I bring this up because they are quite serious and there is no telling what people in power in the u.s. hold these beliefs.
profoundprophecy.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You do know the United States supports the Military Dictatorships in Fiji, Thailand.......

Big deal is Russia supports a Dictatorship in Syria? Isn't it like their ONLY last bastion on Earth where they can port their Navy?

Meanwhile we've got the rest of the world.

Syria's oil Reserves are quite high. They are ONLY pumping out enough oil to satisfy what they are using themselves. Russia isn't forcing them to pump out all their oil for $$$$.

If we took 'em over.......they'd be sucked dry in 1 year. Given' em "FReedom".....lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I want to recount what I said. I think I'm being a little bit extreme wanting us to go to war with the syrian government. I read a article today that the syrian government has agreed to stop the abuse. I don't know how true it is but it's enough to call me down for awhile.

I still think we need to help them though.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To our brothers and sisters in syria,,, We are with you..

kx)

new topics

top topics

join