It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new spy plane ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I vote for it being a X-45A UCAV rather then a bird of prey. The bird of prey was just to demonstrate a technology the X-45a might be in service in a few years as it is in competition to be the USAFs new UCAV.

Good job getting it on film

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Any chance of seeiing this film???

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
ive a web site that im building right now. where i will post pics and films of plane and helecopters ive got and will get. like a Lear jet with two Aim-9 Sidewinders or Aim-9x on the bottom

[edit on 2-9-2004 by DRAGON27]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
ive a web site that im building right now. where i will post pics and films of plane and helecopters ive got and will get. like a Lear jet with two Aim-9 Sidewinders or Aim-9x on the bottom

[edit on 2-9-2004 by DRAGON27]

A Lear jet with Sidewinders
who the heck jets to have those? I sure hope its a goverment plane I dont want Bill Gates or any civilian to be able to put missiles on their private planes.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
U.S. doesnt use spy planes, im pretty sure. There are sattelites today, they dont need spy planes.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
U.S. doesnt use spy planes, im pretty sure. There are sattelites today, they dont need spy planes.
wrong!!! i bet you money the Aurora exists, we still use the u2 and the predator is a spyplane, plus sattelites cant always get the job done so we would have to have a spyplane

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

theres at least two SR-71's left too. sats. only can see down

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And then there is the ever elusive Aurora

[edit on 2-9-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
DRAGON27 there are 3 Sr71s left. and i believe they are based at Beale or some base that starts with a v

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The lear is a common test bed for avionics, NASA has several as well as the Airforce and several skunk work type manufactures. They use the Lear for "painting" practice since it is cheaper to fly per hour then a military combat aircraft. Jet Turbofan vs AF Burning supersonic engine.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
DRAGON27 there are 3 Sr71s left. and i believe they are based at Beale or some base that starts with a v

thanx ill remember that

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
We have the new Global hawk and still fly the U2. Both of which do nothing but spy. Satellites cant do the all the work like the Goverment claimed when they retired the SR-71 the first time around.

But I guess when you are trying to hide your new top secret spy plane its a good cover story.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The DOD does not own any spy planes.

The DOD does admit to owning reconnaissance platforms.

But , no spyplanes

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm personaly un-impressed. It's obliviously a Boeing X-45a. Hell you can even see the blue paint job.

Also, no offense but you took that pic 450 feet away with a telescope! that must be a bottom of the line scope. I could see it better with binoculars.

Also i thought Nasa was the only people still using the SR-71, for research at high speeds.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
i was a good 1/2 mile away,it was 450 to 500 feet off the ground

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorance is a plenty
The DOD does not own any spy planes.

The DOD does admit to owning reconnaissance platforms.

But , no spyplanes

thats a nice way of saying spyplane
what did did that chinese mig fly into a few years ago
i bet you they werent chasing whales

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Also i thought Nasa was the only people still using the SR-71, for research at high speeds.
nope in 1994 we unretired 3 SR71s

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

wrong!!! i bet you money the Aurora exists, we still use the u2 and the predator is a spyplane, plus sattelites cant always get the job done so we would have to have a spyplane

the predator is a good missle platform to for hellfire along with others

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27

the predator is a good missle platform to for hellfire along with others
correct but i only think one hellfire was ever fired from one.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
thats all that we were told of freedom of the press doesnt mean freedom of the press it means you know what they want you to know

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join