Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pentagon planning for space bomber

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
An experimental NASA spacecraft could well be the harbinger for a small armada of billion-dollar space bombers space operations vehicles that could be launched from a U.S. base and fire weapons at almost any target on Earth, all within 90 minutes of a presidential order.

More : Link

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They've had an infantry version of this for years.

This is craziness.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

They've had an infantry version of this for years.

This is craziness.

Hu ??? Do you have a link ?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I guess the murdering and slaughtering of millions of people on earth got boring for them, they have to do it from space now.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I guess the murdering and slaughtering of millions of people on earth got boring for them, they have to do it from space now.

Exactely !!! It's like when I was soldier and that I had to kill so many innocents peoples. Sometimes, I was using my assault rifle. Sometimes, a flamethrower, or a machine-gun.But I've to admit that I've a preference for the flame thrower. It was so funny. They were running everywhere, burning and barking, while my SS friends and I were laughing. Haaaa, it was the good time.

Did you ever kill someone with a flamethrower ? WOAW !!! That's so funny Illmatic67. You have to try, you can believe me.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think it would probably be more expensive then cruise missiles, which also do the job pretty well.

Link to FAS

Costs 1 mil dollar a piece and just needs one big bomber on every base around the world to get it there. Keep It Simple Stupid(KISS)-method is my favorite.

[Edited on 24-4-2003 by Devils Advocate]

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Exactely !!! It's like when I was soldier and that I had to kill so many innocents peoples. Sometimes, I was using my assault rifle. Sometimes, a flamethrower, or a machine-gun.But I've to admit that I've a preference for the flame thrower. It was so funny. They were running everywhere, burning and barking, while my SS friends and I were laughing. Haaaa, it was the good time.

Did you ever kill someone with a flamethrower ? WOAW !!! That's so funny Illmatic67. You have to try, you can believe me.

I hardly find that funny, seeing that that has actually happened before in real life and all.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A jolly good way of avoiding the United Nations, though.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   

So just out of curiosity what methods do you think would be a good defense for a the U.S.A.? Are you against the U.S.A.'s defense systems? Do you think defense is necessary at all? Or is it you think that all measures of defense for the U.S.A. are not relevant? Or do you think the USA should even be a super power?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Does that constitute militarizing space or is that only for permanent weapons up there?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
Does that constitute militarizing space or is that only for permanent weapons up there?

When planning a good defense is it not smart to consider all possibilities? On land, sea, air and in space?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I thought militarizing space was illegal because of some treaty... whatever, but all the worse for the aliens

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
I thought militarizing space was illegal because of some treaty... whatever, but all the worse for the aliens

Space Treaty

IMHO For some OBVIOUS reasons I think all nations that signed that treaty back in 1967 have broken it.

I think this line is quite interesting in article V....... "[...] States Parties to the Treaty shall immediately inform the other States Parties to the Treaty or the Secretary-General of the United Nations of any phenomena they discover in outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies, which could constitute a danger to the life or health of astronauts."

I wonder how many times each country has phoned up the other to report any odd phenomena that was witnessed?!?! But don't you find it interesting that they all agreed to put that in there.

But to answer the question.... yes it is against the treaty for any nuclear or any weapons of mass destruction be put up into space. I can see why the treaty was worded the way it was but if I wanted to keep my nation and the innocent safe I would consider all possibilities in defense times. When under attack from any country then I wouldn't think twice about sending up pin point precision defense measures. Do I want the innocent to be hurt or killed? NO WAY!!! But I do think it's best to be prepared in all situations.

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by UniQue Werkx]

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Well nice to know we have people like you serving and protecting mankind.

You sad cun.t!

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I thought militarizing space was illegal because of some treaty... whatever, but all the worse for the aliens Posted by SmileyMan34

Space has been highly militarized for the last 30 years at least, and I DO NOT mean simply by surveillance satelites.... The X Craft out of Area 51 are NOT bound to atmospheric flight...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Pfft.
The Germans back in 1945 planned to do so too.
Only 62 years behind boys!

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Space is probably the ultimate frontier, for waging an offensive and for deffensive known to man. The U.S. definetly has the prevelence of military domination in space.......sigh...........this is just another sign that the end of the world is near.
"World War III will be fought with weapons unknown to us, World War IIII will be fought with sticks and stones."

top topics

join