It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments using hacking techniques to spy on citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Governments using hacking techniques to spy on citizens

www.rawstory.com

The Guardian revealed Tuesday that law enforcement and intelligence agencies from governments across the world came to the Intelligence Support Systems (ISS) World Americas last month where they were offered the latest spying technology to use against their own citizens.

The conference, which is off-limits to the public and the media, featured technology to intercept cell phones, skype, and email. GPS tracking and traditional hacking were also popular products.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It makes you wonder, with all these different types of viruses and trojans, many think that these are just some kid in a basement. But, what if these are from our own government using it to look into our activities under the guise of our safety. Makes you think, is it really hackers or big brother infecting consumer computers.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's probably both. You have to wonder about the new power books and ipads with there built in camera. I always wondered how hard would it be to hack one. As I stare at my angry bird flying through the air I think is someone watching me through that little lens but then I realize crap I have to restart because there is still a pig left.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You can fight back. You have more open source technology that is better than what they use:

Use HTTPS
Use Encryption
Use Tor

If you are worried about your security, only you can make yourself safer. Those people who do not care about it if they fall into the surveillance trap, it is their fault even though the GOV should not be doing monitoring.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Don't worry people, we can trust them. They say its for our safety after all, computers are deep and dangerous places. Especially when you access the internet on one.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
It's probably both. You have to wonder about the new power books and ipads with there built in camera. I always wondered how hard would it be to hack one. As I stare at my angry bird flying through the air I think is someone watching me through that little lens but then I realize crap I have to restart because there is still a pig left.

I think there was a thread a while back about cell phones being able to transmit anything said over the microphone even while off. I'm pretty sure, they will do it with laptops as well. Pretty soon, you'll have to pay with a credit/debit card only say they can tell which computer is assigned to which person.

new topics

top topics

join