It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My X-box account was hacked. :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Like the title says I have been hacked. Just need somewhere to vent my frustration... Microsoft doesen't care of course so i'm here. When I got to work this morning I checked my email like I always do. But today I had 2 emails saying I had purchased 5,600 microsoft points for $70. They were unable to refund me my money because the points were already spent. My account has been inactive for years but my debit card info was still on there servers. It's really sad the stand they took on this. My account was hacked and they said there is no need to follow up on the matter. NO NEED!?! Peoples accounts are in danger of being hacked and they are aware of the issue but just don't care. If this was my first issue with them it would be a different story but this is the 3rd problem I have had with this company. Have to wait a few days before my bank can dispute it.

Just a warning for all you ATS gamers if your credit card info is on a microsoft server it is not safe, and they take no responsibility for your loss...Would suggest doing your online gaming on a playstation because its free and you don't need to give them your card number. The playstation 3 was hacked a few months back but it's safer if you keep your card number off there servers. Ok now back to the show.

Take care!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

I once witnessed a co-worker spend over 4 hours trying to cancel XBOX Live because her son used her credit card without her knowledge to get it. Microsoft spent most of the time either playing the transfer game, or just hanging up on her, then she'd have to retell the story to someone new, rinse and repeat.
They really don't care what their customers think, they are the only game in town for online XBOX games.

I enjoy playing XBOX offline far more than playing with talking monkeys with foul mouths on sugar rushes. Far more relaxing that way.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
try contacting your bank, make a few threats to micrsoft regarding legal action. keep fighting until you get every penny back.
see what their twitter customer support team says too.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am sure you already have but.....
Contact your bank that issued your debit card. Alert them to unauthorized use of your debit card. Your bank will (should at least) work at getting your money back. If you bank at a credit union or a local (not a chain) bank they will refund your money to you even though it wasn't their mistake. That isn't a 100% guarantee but all the banks I have banked with do this. Also you need to have your bank issue you a new debit card number since your current card has been compromised. I would also suggest you contact the three credit bureaus and put a "fraud alert" on your credit reports. Good luck with it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

Make sure that your debit card was really "charged" by XBox.

It is possible that the e-mail itself is a scam in hopes that you will click on the link in the e-mail to take you to a fake website that looks like XBox in order for you to be tricked into entering your debit card information. There also might be a fake toll-free number to call that has someone who acts like a representative who will also try to get your card information from you.

To verify that your debit card was, in fact, used, I suggest going to your bank website directly (not through a link on the e-mail in question). When you are on your bank website (or just call them directly), check to see if you actually had $70 sent to XBox using your debit card.

Be certain who you are contacting about this. There is a possibility that you did not lose $70, and in the process of trying to clear up all this, you may ending up giving bad people access to your bank account and losing even more.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Next time use a Pre-Paid Credit Card and only charge it with enough money to cover your subscription or whatever.

You can't steal more from that then is already there.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. I knew the ATS community would be far more helpfull than anywhere else. My bank did confirm the transaction was done through x-box but I have to wait a few days for it to post or some crap before I can file it as fraud. Years ago I thought about just buying the points and gold membership cards, thats what I get for placing my trust in them.

I agree the online community on x-box is a joke most people there are punk kids talking trash all day. Then again I do see/hear alot of that on playstation too. I usually just play with my mic off so I don't have to hear it.

Thanks again everyone!
Cheers!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

You can get your online subscription and MS points throug hthe cards you buy in a store.
You have to go to Microsoft/xbox own website to remove your card details.
If you look at your account settings on Dashboard and click cancel or remove card details it should tell you the web address somewere.

Never had any problems yet, was your password something good or not so good?
By that I mean you really need some random numbers and letters for your PW.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join