It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPUBLICANS against Fascism !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Mark it on the calendar: I'm agreeing with Bob "I ain't got Black blood" Barr, Clinton crotch sniffer extrodinare, and Pat " Hitler was missunderstood" Buchanan!!

"The FBI, no longer content with working to maintain order at political events, is now preemptively identifying and interrogating ("interviewing") possible demonstrators. It has summarized this strategy in a memo. To make matters worse, the Department of Justice blessed the FBI strategy in its own memo - suggesting that no First Amendment concerns are raised by the interrogations. As I will explain in this column, however, the truth is quite to the contrary: The strategy, as outlined in the memo, is a serious threat to free speech."

www.truthout.org...

"The War Party may have gotten its war. But it has also gotten something it did not bargain for. Its membership lists and associations have been exposed and its motives challenged. In a rare moment in U.S. journalism, Tim Russert put this question directly to Richard Perle: �Can you assure American viewers ... that we�re in this situation against Saddam Hussein and his removal for American security interests? And what would be the link in terms of Israel?�

Suddenly, the Israeli connection is on the table, and the War Party is not amused. Finding themselves in an unanticipated firefight, our neoconservative friends are doing what comes naturally, seeking student deferments from political combat by claiming the status of a persecuted minority group. People who claim to be writing the foreign policy of the world superpower, one would think, would be a little more manly in the schoolyard of politics. Not so."

www.amconmag.com...

Technically, I'm on ATS record as having agreed several times with Pat Buchanan, his erudition on certain subjects never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Oh, well, VOILA. As the French say. YOU WANT BUSH 4 MORE YEARS, people? GET READY. YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER AGAIN BE THE SAME AGAIN.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I misled......Buchanan goes into brass knuckle depth in this part of the article:

"This is a time for truth. For America is about to make a momentous decision: whether to launch a series of wars in the Middle East that could ignite the Clash of Civilizations against which Harvard professor Samuel Huntington has warned, a war we believe would be a tragedy and a disaster for this Republic. To avert this war, to answer the neocon smears, we ask that our readers review their agenda as stated in their words. Sunlight is the best disinfectant. As Al Smith used to say, �Nothing un-American can live in the sunlight.�

We charge that a cabal of polemicists and public officials seek to ensnare our country in a series of wars that are not in America�s interests. We charge them with colluding with Israel to ignite those wars and destroy the Oslo Accords. We charge them with deliberately damaging U.S. relations with every state in the Arab world that defies Israel or supports the Palestinian people�s right to a homeland of their own. We charge that they have alienated friends and allies all over the Islamic and Western world through their arrogance, hubris, and bellicosity.

Not in our lifetimes has America been so isolated from old friends. Far worse, President Bush is being lured into a trap baited for him by these neocons that could cost him his office and cause America to forfeit years of peace won for us by the sacrifices of two generations in the Cold War.

They charge us with anti-Semitism�i.e., a hatred of Jews for their faith, heritage, or ancestry. False. The truth is, those hurling these charges harbor a �passionate attachment� to a nation not our own that causes them to subordinate the interests of their own country and to act on an assumption that, somehow, what�s good for Israel is good for America.

WOW!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
4 more years! See them go nuts at the republican conventions? See the devil at work? WELCOME TO NAXICISM!
I for one, think the end is here. One vote for Bush helps seal our fate.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
4 more years! See them go nuts at the republican conventions? See the devil at work? WELCOME TO NAXICISM!
I for one, think the end is here. One vote for Bush helps seal our fate.

I think your getting the wrong impression of BoutTime...

As far as I've seen..he/she is definately not in favor of Bush Co. Am I wrong BoutTime?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Buchanan goes into brass knuckle depth in this part of the article:

WOW. He does.

Not in our lifetimes has America been so isolated from old friends. Far worse, President Bush is being lured into a trap baited for him by these neocons that could cost him his office and cause America to forfeit years of peace won for us by the sacrifices of two generations in the Cold War.

They charge us with anti-Semitism�i.e., a hatred of Jews for their faith, heritage, or ancestry. False. The truth is, those hurling these charges harbor a �passionate attachment� to a nation not our own that causes them to subordinate the interests of their own country and to act on an assumption that, somehow, what�s good for Israel is good for America.

WOW!

He's so conservative I'd have called him a neocon in the past, but clearly some conservatives are seeing the light. The neocon threat to America is real and present...on on stage RIGHT NOW!

God, I love Dick Cheney. It's like having Doctor Evil as your leader. He's bashing the "sentive war" line again. :shk:

[edit on 1-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm watching Cheney right now, and im laying in a fetal position, thumb in my mouth calling my mommy....The face of pure EVIL.
And that Satanic worshipper they had before him took away my will to live...
This is the end of the world as we know it, folks.

Give this crowd 4 more years and it will not be a laughing matter at all. The devil is here. You have a chance to vote him in or get rid of him.
My guess is 60% of this nation will opt to go with the devil.
Dont go crying to a liberal when life as we know it ends for all of us.
**Sign of the cross**

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Great thread, Bout Time. Barr's right on the money.

And I voted for Pat Buchanan in '96 primaries, btw. Take that all you folks who accuse me of not being a Republican!

Pat's the real deal.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sounds like there still are some republicans not ensnared and poluted by this nasty web layed out by the Zionists and Neocons.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
wow... it really must be the begining of the end of mankind... Pat Buchanan said somehting that I agree with....

*looks up to see if the sky is falling

Great post.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Buchanan is a very intelligent man. And he is right...Kristol and Krauthammer both work for Fox News, and they are the ones that sent the letter to Bush...what a shock...

It's all making sense now...

[edit on 8-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
and I know most are "drive by" reader/poster types like me, but read on; this is really an excellent piece done in true scholar fashion:

"Before introducing the script-writers of America�s future wars, consider the rapid and synchronized reaction of the neocons to what happened after that fateful day.

On Sept. 12, Americans were still in shock when Bill Bennett told CNN that we were in �a struggle between good and evil,� that the Congress must declare war on �militant Islam,� and that �overwhelming force� must be used. Bennett cited Lebanon, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Iran, and China as targets for attack. Not, however, Afghanistan, the sanctuary of Osama�s terrorists. How did Bennett know which nations must be smashed before he had any idea who attacked us?

The Wall Street Journal immediately offered up a specific target list, calling for U.S. air strikes on �terrorist camps in Syria, Sudan, Libya, and Algeria, and perhaps even in parts of Egypt.� Yet, not one of Bennett�s six countries, nor one of these five, had anything to do with 9/11.

On Sept. 15, according to Bob Woodward�s Bush at War, �Paul Wolfowitz put forth military arguments to justify a U.S. attack on Iraq rather than Afghanistan.� Why Iraq? Because, Wolfowitz argued in the War Cabinet, while �attacking Afghanistan would be uncertain � Iraq was a brittle oppressive regime that might break easily. It was doable.�

On Sept. 20, forty neoconservatives sent an open letter to the White House instructing President Bush on how the war on terror must be conducted. Signed by Bennett, Podhoretz, Kirkpatrick, Perle, Kristol, and Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer, the letter was an ultimatum. To retain the signers� support, the president was told, he must target Hezbollah for destruction, retaliate against Syria and Iran if they refuse to sever ties to Hezbollah, and overthrow Saddam. Any failure to attack Iraq, the signers warned Bush, �will constitute an early and perhaps decisive surrender in the war on international terrorism.�

Here was a cabal of intellectuals telling the Commander-in-Chief, nine days after an attack on America, that if he did not follow their war plans, he would be charged with surrendering to terror. Yet, Hezbollah had nothing to do with 9/11. What had Hezbollah done? Hezbollah had humiliated Israel by driving its army out of Lebanon.

President Bush had been warned. He was to exploit the attack of 9/11 to launch a series of wars on Arab regimes, none of which had attacked us. All, however, were enemies of Israel. �Bibi� Netanyahu, the former Prime Minister of Israel, like some latter-day Citizen Genet, was ubiquitous on American television, calling for us to crush the �Empire of Terror.� The �Empire,� it turns out, consisted of Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, Iraq, and �the Palestinian enclave.�

Nasty as some of these regimes and groups might be, what had they done to the United States?

Though we have said repeatedly that we admire much of what this president has done, he will not deserve re-election if he does not jettison the neoconservatives� agenda of endless wars on the Islamic world that serve only the interests of a country other than the one he was elected to preserve and protect.

Odd

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What the hell is a Naxicism?

top topics

join