It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that G20 is sponsored by multinational corporations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The next G20 meeting will start tomorrow in Cannes, France.

The Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (G-20, G20, Group of Twenty) is a group of finance ministers and central bank governors from 20 major economies: 19 countries plus the European Union, which is represented by the President of the European Council and by the European Central Bank.[3] Collectively, the G-20 economies comprise more than 80 percent of the world's GDP, 85 percent[4] of global gross national product, 80 percent of world trade (including EU intra-trade) and two-thirds of the world population.[3] They contribute to 84.1 percent and 82.2 percent of the world's economic growth by nominal GDP and GDP (PPP) respectively from the years 2010 to 2016 according to International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Wiki

While the financial crisis in Greece threatens the euro zone with economical collapse, I would expect an independent, responsible meeting amongst the leaders of the world to solve this crucial problem. However browsing the G20 website you can find a very interesting page.

Link

Maybe I'm too naive but i thought this organization has enough money to hold a yearly meeting. But it seems they don't. Do they really need a perfume or a wheel / tyre company and many others to rent their rooms and pay for their dinner while they save the world behind closed doors?

Personally ( and sorry for my language ) i dont give a S##T about the car that transports them from the Hotel to the meetings, or the brand of the pen that they use to sign agreements. Or should i expect Sarkozy to hold a press conference with advertisements sticked on his suit like a Nascar driver?

What do you think about this? Is that normal that the biggest economical meeting is now fully commercialized? What do these companies doing there?

( Well, i have a guess.. )

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

It's pretty disgusting and of course shows the links to all the graft and BS. But think about it for a minute, these @ssclowns do have a choice;

1. They can take the money from the banks, which take it from the government, which take it from the taxpayers

OR

2. They can take it from corporate sponsors, who take it from shippers and retail outlets who take it from consumers.

Since taxpayers are consumers, we have no choice. We still pay for everything and are the ones ultimately screwed in the end. Got that vaseline handy?

Maybe Vaseline can be the OFFICIAL SPONSOR of the taxpayers and consumers? LOL

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/2.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And here I thought they traveled on the taxpayers expense, directly, all this time. Better they take some of it from the corporations than all of it directly from us, if it came straight out of taxpayers money, it would probably cost us even more.

They're going to have these meetings anyways, although it would be better if they were able to budget the cost a little better. Harper was ridiculous in his planning when it was here in Canada last time, I think much of that came directly from the taxpayers, with the fancy fake lake, half million dollar gazebo, mosquito nets, and shipping hundreds of cops in from the states to help with security. And shutting down a portion of Toronto

For the cost of it, they could have built a new island and had it out off the coast. Or had it on a cruiseship.

There's the G20, the G8, the Buildeberger, and the Commonwealth country meetings. Probably more too....

new topics

join