It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary Viking Sunstone: "Solved"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I did a search and found nothing, I am in a hurry this morning so forgive me if this is in wrong place, or has an open discussion elsewhere.

the possible inner workings of the Vikings’ legendary sólarsteinn, which was said to reveal the true bearing of a hidden sun, even on overcast days and during long summer twilights in the northerly latitudes. Researchers long speculated that the sunstone might have been a transparent type of calcite, common in Iceland, that has optical properties akin to linearly polarizing filters for a camera

Viking's Sun Seeking Navigational Crystal Mystery: possible explanation

Proceeding of the Royal Society: LINK

I find this fascinating, what do you think?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I like when science could explain a phenomenon wich could have looked like magic in the past.

One could imagine what it will be in twenty years from here...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Very interesting S&F.

I wish we could find out how the Vikings figured that out back then.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Another good OP overlooked. S&F from me. Great find exdog5.
2nd line. Bump.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
I did a search and found nothing, I am in a hurry this morning so forgive me if this is in wrong place, or has an open discussion elsewhere.

the possible inner workings of the Vikings’ legendary sólarsteinn, which was said to reveal the true bearing of a hidden sun, even on overcast days and during long summer twilights in the northerly latitudes. Researchers long speculated that the sunstone might have been a transparent type of calcite, common in Iceland, that has optical properties akin to linearly polarizing filters for a camera

Viking's Sun Seeking Navigational Crystal Mystery: possible explanation

Proceeding of the Royal Society: LINK

I find this fascinating, what do you think?

My own long held understanding of the viking navergation stone that I out lined some months ago was the stone, was infact a Sapphire, that are rare, in that they within the stone, being only some express an atomicly accurate, silt structure makings that form a picture of a line in a certon stucture that is always the same patern where by on the Atomic scale they are formed on the precise 120 degrees via magnetics

Having this then one is able to find and draw, by grinding the stone back to the lines edge on to of the angles expressed, this allows one to tranglulate and fix ones possition given you have the suns position and time or stars or a fixed land mark then you can plot where you are by being able to draw a trangle

I could not find any data but I am sure its called a Kelso Leg or something simular, and infact I had dug one up myself in a sapphire field

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
as an animal lover, i found this fascinating.

Here’s where the “sixth sense” comes in: The investigators say that if you look through the crystal in its depolarizing position and then pull it away suddenly from your line of sight, you can catch a glimpse of a faint, elongate yellowish pattern known as a Haidinger’s Brush. The key here is that the ends of that yellow shape point directly toward the sun.

The Haidinger’s Brush phenomenon amounts to a greatly scaled-down version of the specialized ability of many insects, cephalopods, amphibians and other animals to “see” polarization patterns in the sky or water. That’s how those animals navigate. Turns out the Vikings may have too. When Ropars’ group asked test subjects to use their method to identify sun direction, their answers were accurate within 5 degrees.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
as an animal lover, i found this fascinating.

Here’s where the “sixth sense” comes in: The investigators say that if you look through the crystal in its depolarizing position and then pull it away suddenly from your line of sight, you can catch a glimpse of a faint, elongate yellowish pattern known as a Haidinger’s Brush. The key here is that the ends of that yellow shape point directly toward the sun.

The Haidinger’s Brush phenomenon amounts to a greatly scaled-down version of the specialized ability of many insects, cephalopods, amphibians and other animals to “see” polarization patterns in the sky or water. That’s how those animals navigate. Turns out the Vikings may have too. When Ropars’ group asked test subjects to use their method to identify sun direction, their answers were accurate within 5 degrees.

Yes well you comments are not lost on me 3 years ago I discoverd that the four tailed emproir butter fly was way out of its home where it should be that lead me directly to the massive devation in the time spectrum that is accuring that science appears not to be able to see, and at the same time realised by what i was seeing that they are not prodmanty nector feeders and are a very ingenious insects so much so that if I explained what I saw you would find it super facernating so much so I didnt want to expose there where abouts know what I do about man and his obssetions

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Really interesting stuff.

It seems the peoples of the past where able to do a lot more than we originally gave them credit for.

I am especially fond of the old Vikings as that is a big part of my heritage.

S + F for a neat find - thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just thought of this, which is some what on topic, since the Vikings came from an area close to this.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Builders renovating Rosslyn Chapel, which was made famous in The Da Vinci Code, found the "unprecedented" hive while dismantling a rooftop pinnacle.

The bees entered the hive through a hole in a carved flower crafted by the chapel's master stone masons.

Why would the Templars/Masons build an ancient beehive to protect bees and not gather the honey?

"Master masons built these in, whether it was under direction or not. What you find at Rosslyn is there are so many irregularities and nuances in the stone work and it's as if the stone masons are teasing us from the past," Mr Mitchell said.

"These hives were never intended to be a source of honey. They were there purely to protect the bees from our inclement weather."

"At Rosslyn they are there purely for the bees."

He said there appeared to be a coating to protect the sandstone from the insects, which can damage masonry.

Ok that is all well and good but what were they doing? Did they know some power of bees? It appears bees can communicate direction to other bees to tell them where food is.

The bee has been associated with Royalty and gods/goddesses.

Napoleon used the bee:

The Bee

Symbol of immortality and resurrection, the bee was chosen so as to link the new dynasty to the very origins of France. Golden bees (in fact, cicadas) were discovered in 1653 in Tournai in the tomb of Childeric I, founder in 457 of the Merovingian dynasty and father of Clovis. They were considered as the oldest emblem of the sovereigns of France.

Napoleon and Charlemagne used the Bee, and if you know your history the Templars originated in France. Where did the Templars go after they were kicked out of Europe? Scotland. What did they build? Rosslyn Chapel. Start at the top.
edit on 9-11-2011 by BeastMaster2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

The bee is the most magnet secretive insect, like a canary down a mine, only for specific gravity, and Nostradamus also uses the bee in his picture of the Rose, by Robert Fludds Calvis philosophiae,et Alchymiae 1633 , it being a cryptic

The way I read it is, that the bee makes the royal honey, but in Nostradamus case, the royal couple are the Solar King and the Luna Queen, there for the royal honey is Specific gravity, and or radiation, and there lies your clue, and the shape of the honey comb construction is that of carborundum being that of the magnetic stone being the Sapphire, alter the specific gravity and the results will be devastation, for not only the bees but also for the hives, the picture of the Rose is that of the future, or is that now.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulla

The bee is the most magnet secretive insect, like a canary down a mine, only for specific gravity, and Nostradamus also uses the bee in his picture of the Rose, by Robert Fludds Calvis philosophiae,et Alchymiae 1633 , it being a cryptic

The way I read it is, that the bee makes the royal honey, but in Nostradamus case, the royal couple are the Solar King and the Luna Queen, there for the royal honey is Specific gravity, and or radiation, and there lies your clue, and the shape of the honey comb construction is that of carborundum being that of the magnetic stone being the Sapphire, alter the specific gravity and the results will be devastation, for not only the bees but also for the hives, the picture of the Rose is that of the future, or is that now.

Further data to the Navigation, there is another Sapphire stone, Known as the STAR Sapphire, it being dark gray to black that when polished exhibits a star pattern in a polarized fashion in or out of the sunlight where by the laterals increase and diminish according to Magnetic North South known as the table, if you added that to the Atomic marker Sapphire there would be no where you could not navigate

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

You will find your answer to the bees and the Rose within Carbon 666 and its Atomic structure being that of the structure of the bees honey crystal, the Knights of the Templar were holders of this knowledge, mankind to day are but Luddites in a lost world of Ancient wisdom and knowledge

One would do well to remember that when one sees serpents then one should read Atomic light waves @66,6666 in length and standing dynamic wave separations @9.9999 meters based upon 1 LT=1 KG Hydro H2o expansion to Atomic factor of Hydro @ six @ full distortion Electromagnetic @ nominal lux by time specific = Gravitational increase

This data exceeding that of Higgs Fields Reality research and in spite of, its part of my personal research and explorable, now known factors, as yet unpublished, the reason for the collapse of the bees is the standing wave of Earths Atomic fields structure is being altered, or diminishing, its the reason for the Arctic ice collapse, as the Northern Hemisphere continues on it way to full Zero field collapse,

I here by out line the direct cause of same being the direct link can be attributed to the damaged supply system to primordial factor of HydroH2o@ Atomic (6), and this being accomplished by Oil and Dispersant and solubility factoring on the Atomic level, causing sensation of production, of Atomic (6) under oil Atomic factor, resulting in direct and final ongoing unrepairable depletion of all above

Please do not hesitate to inquire further should you wish to formalize further ongoing understanding or question its validity

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I have never gotten into Nostradamus, so i apologize for my ignorance (although i am a HUGE edgar cayce fan and read everything regarding ancient history) i found the image you were talking about.

What do you mean Specific Gravity?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

I have never gotten into Nostradamus, so i apologize for my ignorance (although i am a HUGE edgar cayce fan and read everything regarding ancient history) i found the image you were talking about.

What do you mean Specific Gravity?

When you say you have found that image was that via computer or within a book

new topics

top topics

join