It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You sure all know this quote :

Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
You are NOT your job. You are NOT how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your #ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

And I should add :

You are NOT the political decision of your homeland.
You are NOT the history of your ancestors.
You are free. Independant.
Stop war.
edit on 2-11-2011 by kineticdamage because: wording

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

lol,When its all done and said,God will let the united states know that this is his earth and his land,and he will let them know in the most ^%$% up way imaginable.

So now the united states wants to drop more bombs on humans,lol,when the united states gets what it deserves i really hope no body starts crying,because when it comes,its going to come worst then 911.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's in the papers today, take it as you like, that the UK has been unguarded for a month because we have no Navy/Battleships to defend this godforsaken place. Where are they? Who gave the orders to let them all go at the same time? God only knows....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I bet the saudi royal family fears iran more than israel does, and is the one instigating all this pre-emptive strike talk while using israel as the scapegoat. Any takers? Lets put it this way: Both russia and china do business with iran and syria and both would hate to lose such good customers for any reason.

Russia and china may not attack the west, but why take such a chance in the first place? Why all this paranoia of islam? Why do people fear the threat of terrorism so much? Do people realise it is all a money making scam and eventual depopulation agenda? Don't call me a lunatic if you disagree. Stop, look at the evidence and use the brain god gave you.

A pre-emptive strike is WRONG STRATEGY especially when america and britain are fighting multiple threats throughout the globe, stretched thin, facing economic troubles and lots of descent at home. If iran is such a bad ass as some think, then let them strike first and I guarantee you the response that will follow will send them back to the pre-christ era.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My apologies. I did note vote for this Government to wage war on Iran. If this does happen then it is not with my consent and i will be making my views expressly clear to my thicko MP! I dont want another war.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i dont believe a word of it. they are sacking soldiers here in the uk. only thing we have are subs and nukes to defend us.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
See for yourself how crazy the iranian leader is:
www.adl.org ...

This site is pro-Israel. Its mission is to stamp out anti-semitism and show the truth.

And let me ask you a question: Why would it translate the iranian leader's words if those words uncovered its own sins? The reason that this site freely translates the words is because they expose the insanity of the iranian leader. There's no truth in his words. He is a dictator whom spreads poison that exists solely to serve his needs and those of his supporters.

In other words, this site isn't really pro-Israel. It's pro-people, pro-freedom and human rights. Iran, by comparison, is a butcher. It kills its own people for the smallest offense.

True loving people do not fear truth. This is all you need to know.
edit on 2-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Oh the famous "wipe of the map" quote. Please show me the real translation please from a real source of information. Thanks. The ADL is a joke.

edit on 2-11-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Wow it seems like news is breaking regarding a strike on Iran on almost an hourly basis now. Its the top story on ABC, Fox, Haaretz, Reuters etc with new articles being posted almost hourly and this all started in earnest just about 24 hours ago. Sure there are "news" releases about an Iranian strike almost daily but NOTHING like has happened in the 24 hours.

www.haaretz.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

I just did a quick search and aside from articles about Israel considering a pre-emptive strike on Iran I haven't seen anything to do with the US or the UK. In fact the closest i found was Iran demanding an apology for the accusation of the attempted assassination. So unless there has been a mass media blackout recently I find nothing.

The only thing I am finding is speculation by the the Guardian and Haaretz that the US may strike Iran based on Israel and British officials. But who knows. Israel does seem to always get what it wants when it comes to the US and the UK. Another reason why we need to revamp our governments. Get rid of the "omg they might say I hate Jewish people" lackeys and bring in some real government that run the US interests and don't worry about who's feelings might get hurt if they say no.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh not this time. The public in the UK, are sick and tired, of these continuing conflicts. If the UK Government goes down this path. If they think we the British public are going to allow this to happen, again, they are mistaken.

If they thought the recent London riots were bad, if they do his, the backlash, from the public, will be ten times worse.
edit on 2-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Pre-emptive? How is printing something about it in the paper first pre-emptive? This is just to brainwash the population only now they are being very up-front and telling us before it happens

As to the question of whether the Guardian is a trusted source or not? Well, that in itself is surely another conspiracy but it is "big money" msm in the UK. So this is at least supposedly/allegedly, serious news.

Additional: The conversation might run something like this between a average man and a wife...

W They just detonated a nuclear #ing bomb in the middle east killing millions!!!
M Huh? Yer wot dear? Oh...yeah, I think I read something in the paper about that last week, do you wanna cuppa tea?
W Er no....they just did that bomb now!
M Yeah, but they told us they were gonna do it last week. Terrorists or something...I think.
W Oh...I see...well go on then I will have a cuppa and it is your turn. Oh look, I now have the remote control for once!

Disclaimer: I am english, just don't live there anymore.
edit on 2/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added additional

edit on 2/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: syntax error in disclaimer

edit on 2/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Another typo, aren't they just annoying?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
When was the last time the UK offensively struck out against anyone? Has to be hundreds of years ago. This is a silly story. I believe the Israeli's will go it alone because they are the ones being threatened every day with threats. Maybe the UK could bring over Gator aide or such to the Israeli's other than that I don't see where they would be involved at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I dont think anything IS going to happen. I think all of this bluster was to put out there to justify the newly released statement tonight that the US is about to sanction Iran's central bank.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
LOL, you brits are whinning about the U.S. dragging you into another war? Do you really think the american people want to pay for yet another war we can't afford? Our government is out of control and you make it sound like we "the people" want anything to do with this. I can tell you this much, we want as much to do with these damned wars as you do so stop blaming us for this bullsh*t. Were in the beginning stages of our own second revolution. You need to mind your own house and worry less about someone elses. I'd be more than happy if we'd stop fighting all you peoples wars for you and force you to take some responsibilty for your own messes. It wouldn't bother me one damn bit to let you stew in your own sh*t for a change so our men and women don't have to die when they shouldn't have to die in the first place.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think something will happen. There is an old term clearing the deck before you strike out. Israel releasing 1000 prisoners for 1 soldier is a prime example of that. I doubt any of us are naive enough to believe Iran's nuclear ambitions are for energy only. With their constant verbal attacks, I don't blame the Israeli's one bit for defending themselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Glenn67

I'll bite!
Well, lets see, apart from having a crack military unit at hand and active at all times ready to deal with any serious terrorist threat at a moments notice...gasps for breath.... in or outside the country equipped with some of the most highly trained and well equipped men, there is a large body of men and women in all 3 of the traditional fields of war, namely air, sea, and land, not to mention having its own silly little set of nuclear devices....gasps for more breath...we have cruel leaders who only USED to be hellbent on world conquering, slave dealing, money laundering, back-stabbing monarchs.....turns slightly blue in the face....but thankfully they seem to have found a way to leave that war-mongering now, to other nations.

Allied operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, I would guess more than just "a hand" in the recent Libya debacle. Falkland islands, Project Princess In A Tunnel...no, I think you could quite safely say that the UK military force, even though it is being reduced, is anything other than...comprehensive. Small by US or other standards? Quite possibly, but still comprehensive. I'll be a conservative for once.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

i'm not saying they are claiming that in the paper. They are basing it on heresay and speculation it even says so in the Guardian...........

Anyway the point is there is nothing in the news about impending attacks on Iran by the US other then those two sources the person I replied to said it was on Fox, CNN, ABC, etc, but it's not. the only thing being discussed there is the "pre-emptive" strike that Israel (big surprise) is pushing for.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by caerloyw
Russia and China are not going to fight on the side of Iran and nobody is going to start lobbing nukes around the globe, there is no benefit to Russia or China to Iran having nukes.

I agree. I personally don't believe that they'll attack unless they are attacked directly. By the way, ask the Germans what happened to their little invasion on Russia when winter kicked in.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

None of the above are per-emptive, I'm not saying in the least that the UK military is sub par or below standard. I'm doubting their ambition or will to strike without just cause.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! I really don't want to believe this......! I wouldn't under estimate Iran in the slightest, how can this be justified? When the fear mongers play the WW111 card I always shrug it off but now it is all coming to light...! Bad times are coming for us all in the UK..It will be interesting though to see if we initiate the war and watch to see whether the US backs us...!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

They have 3 aircraft carriers, 140 Tornado fighter-bombers and 160 Typhoon air superiority fighters. The British army has 264,000 personnel active, territorial and reserve.

Let's not let hate of this corrupt government get in the way of hard facts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join