It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

The problem with this story is that it doesn't actually seem to be in The Guardian at all........If you can find the ACTUAL guardian article then please post it.

To me it seems just more propaganda from Israel via their press trying to stir up more attention to the Iran situation ........having taken somewhat of a back seat to Libya, Syria......and the Euro/US ecomonic crisis in recent months.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

EDIT okay I have just found out the article although it's title is :

"UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears"

But that is not the same as UK "preparing" for military strike.

"Britain's armed forces are stepping up their contingency planning for potential military action against Iran amid mounting concern about Tehran's nuclear enrichment programme, the Guardian has learned."

That is not to say that Iran will not get attacked at some point.......but it's not quite as iniment as the Israeli press would have you believe.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
SO I guess Russia and China will sit back until............. smh at the conscious games done here.
STARZ STARZ STARZ
6 plus 1 here already

edit on 11/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I keep people saying they (Isreal, America, the UK) is going to drag us into another war......

To me though a STRIKE is not exactly a war. I don't think anyone is planing a ground invasion of Iran. The Isreali's, either on their own or with US/UK help (or maybe just a US/UK op) is going to hit the nuclear and other key facilities on what will be most likely be a 1 night RAID, or a mini campaigne of 3 to 7 days).

Now the after effects are going to be a pain, Hezebollah and Hamas for sure, and possibly Syria, Iran, Egypt) are going to shoot a heck of a lot of rockets in isreal. Probably be some terror attacks there (definately) and here (possibly). the markets and price of oil might go wrong, especially if Iran tries to cut off the straight of Hormuz.

But frankly, there is a good chance there is very little response. Russia and China aren't likely going to go to war over this.....Saudi and Jordan secretly would like us to do it (there have been numerous reports they will turn a blind eye to the Isreali AF flying through their airspace, they don't want a nuclear Iran, nor do they like Shia Persians.

The IAEA gives its report on Nov 6th I think...they are likely to say per numerous reports out today that the Iranian program is a weapons program. Going to be hard for Russia or China to argue that. On the 25th of Nov there is no moon. Watch for the strikes (if planned and ordered) to happen between then 6th and the 25th.

I am not syaing this is a good idea. BUT no matter what NWO/Zionist/Banker/ "they" want WWIII plot you want to buy into, anyone that thinks the Iran regime has good intentions with their nuclear program, and or that it posess no danger to Isreal and or the west frankly is not denying ignorance.

Now, personally if the Chinese and Russia do jump in.....well then I think it sets the stage for the war of Ezekiel 38. But that's another post.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caerloyw

Russia and China do have nukes =S

Also they have links with Iran, some political but mostly economy links, weapon trades, Iran also deals most there oil to those countries aswell.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

While a good point of view, they should put their children at risk... all it would do is ensure the elite have another ladder to climb as it did in Britain.. the young noble officers who led things like the Forlorn Hope climbed the ladder of personal advancement that much quicker.. and there in we risk returning to the days of the lions being led by donkeys.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Remind me again what the difference is between the UK/US having nukes and Iran having nukes?
edit on 2-11-2011 by dainoyfb because: I typo'd.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/02/uk-military-iran-attack-nuclear

There you go logical one, Theres the original guardian post. Not all propaganda, Theres truth behind almost every bit of propaganda.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo

Russia and China do have nukes =S

Also they have links with Iran, some political but mostly economy links, weapon trades, Iran also deals most there oil to those countries aswell.

No really?!

What I said was why would Russia and China be happy with a nuclear Iran, They may have some economic links to Iran but they also have problems with Muslim extremists. Its one thing to work with a country thats a thorn in the side of your competitors quite another to let them tool up with nukes.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's long overdue. We performed airstrikes on Libya in the 80's. We've did them in Iraq. Israel has struck target(s) in Syria. In 1981, in a mission codenamed Operation Opera, Israel struck a nuclear reactor under construction southeast of Baghdad, Iraq. Etc...

IMHO, a strike on Iran is imminent. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess. But we cannot let Iran get nukes because of the danger this would present to the whole region. Nukes in Iran is basically the road to armaggedon. If they have them, they'll use them.

Iran does not deserve benefit of the doubt at this point. They have not earned our trust. They basically kicked out the inspectors and then blamed them. We know they're doing enrichment.

The same thing happened in Iraq. They refused to let the inspectors do their job and the rest is history. The problem is that the iranian leadership is too hardheaded for peace to grow.

And China or Russia will not do anything, either. I'm sure it won't make them happy, but the things we've done in the past 50 years have basically pi**** them off every time. They know that a over-response is not going to further their aims. They're more tricky than that.
edit on 2-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

But frankly, there is a good chance there is very little response. Russia and China aren't likely going to go to war over this....t.

Those that argue that China and Russia will get involved milltarily.........seem to have no knowledge of history or warfare whatsoever!

China and Russia getting millitarrily involved over Iran is simply alarmist uniformed BS!

The ONLY time China will get involved on behalf of another country is if the subject was ovver disputed terriories like Tibet ot Taiwan.
Russia will also not get involded unless its interests are directly threatened.
Sure both countires are likely to have strong comdenation of any attack.....just like they did over Iraq......but become involved over Iran........not a chance!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/02/uk-military-iran-attack-nuclear

There you go logical one, Theres the original guardian post. Not all propaganda, Theres truth behind almost every bit of propaganda.

Compare the titles........not really the same are they?

The Guardian says:

"Britain's armed forces are stepping up their contingency planning for potential military action against Iran amid mounting concern about Tehran's nuclear enrichment programme, the Guardian has learned."

Thats' somewhat different to Haretz:

"U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities"

So yes indeed most of the Haretz article it is propaganda......not whole truth .....and the objective is simply to stir up interest in the subject that seems to have fallen off the radar .........whether this propaganda works and revs up the rhetoric on both sides remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

But we cannot let Iran get nukes because of the danger this would present to the whole region. Nukes in Iran is basically the road to armaggedon. If they have them, they'll use them.

Use them against who? And why?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Yet the taker of Iran WILL be taxing China and Russia for mineral liquids OIL. They care
DO you think China and Russia will be ok with this?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Israeli PM warns about danger of nuclear Iran:
www.cbsnews.com ...

Do the math. Iran kicked out everyone. Is doing enrichment. Lots of oil. Sanctions won't stop them. They're as hardheaded as ever and their rhetoric is getting more poisonous.

It's imminent. Within 5 years, at most. Could be next month.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was at barnes and noble earlier this week and if you go to the News section and grab a current copy of Foreign policy and read what the think tanks in DC are actually thinking. They want Iran, DC warmongers want iran and China is spoiling all the fun:

www.foreignpolicy.com...

Beijing is using the Islamic Republic to foil American interests in the Middle East. It's time we wised up to this dangerous game.

It is quite clear Chinese interest in Iran is well vetted and any attack on Iran will start war with china.

Indeed, from a security perspective, Iran's geographic position is unique -- it is the only Gulf supplier that China can reach by both pipelines and sea routes. This diversification of supply lines helps reassure those in Beijing who most fear a foreign interdiction campaign or blockade that would cut China off from its energy supplies.

America is truly scared of a real war with China. China is no afghanistan with opium farmers that the scared US ' 'soldiers' can use drones to attack.
edit on 2-11-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The Russians and the Chinese might even help us ... both have problems of their own with the Iranian sponsored Islamic fundamentalists (Russia in Chechnya/Dagestan and the Chinese in Xinjiang) .

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Yet the taker of Iran WILL be taxing China and Russia for mineral liquids OIL. They care
DO you think China and Russia will be ok with this?

Err read my post........I never said China or Russia doesn't care.........but neither country is going to sacrifice it's blood over Iran..........and you can quote me on that all day long.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It is quite clear Chinese interest in Iran is well vetted and any attack on Iran will start war with china.

Rubbish.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
See for yourself how crazy the iranian leader is:
www.adl.org ...

This site is pro-Israel. Its mission is to stamp out anti-semitism and show the truth.

And let me ask you a question: Why would it translate the iranian leader's words if those words uncovered its own sins? The reason that this site freely translates the words is because they expose the insanity of the iranian leader. There's no truth in his words. He is a dictator whom spreads poison that exists solely to serve his needs and those of his supporters.

In other words, this site isn't really pro-Israel. It's pro-people, pro-freedom and human rights. Iran, by comparison, is a butcher. It kills its own people for the smallest offense.

True loving people do not fear truth. This is all you need to know.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Gotta love the Democratic free world, on a mission to spread Democracy!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join